• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Viking and upcoming Egypt settlements rewards system. -

Should Viking settlement reward system be changed?

• Yes

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser116786

This is going to be contentious, but I believe for the good of the game, that the reward system should be re-jigged in some way.
If you vote no, please be kind enough to explain why not. I would like to hear both sides.

Would you like to see this idea implemented ?

As it stands, players who complete the whole settlement over the space of a couple of weeks for example, are rewarded with Yggdrasil and Greater runestone fragments, along with the occasionnal Ambassador. This is good. What is not so good is players are also abandoning the settlement after a few hours, taking advantage of the cheap 25fps every other day.

Yes, completers also get the 25fps at the start, but because they continue with the settlement, they are actually losing out on upwards of 175 +fps every other day, depending on how long it takes them to complete the settlement.

Some will undoubtebly say, don`t do the full settlement then, which i would say. Its there to be played and its counter-productive to develop a side game thats basically abused for it cheap fps alone.

This also has impact on GBSs, where the cheap fps are used on progressing GBs, that produce fps. Kind of a double whammy for those trying to complete settlements, as they are progressing slower on the GBs because of this.

Said it was going to be contencious, but its a game to be played :) Like anything in life, if you don`t put in the effort, why should you be rewarded!

My suggestions are:-

1. Move the 25fps to the end, swapping with the coins which are at the end at this time.

2. Make all prizes stack, until the final completion of the settlement, where-on they can all be collected and added to your inventory.

3. Give a large fp reward instead of coins near the end of the settlement.

4. Just give everyone 25fps for doing nothing lol.

Some numbers. Possibly a little off, but you get the idea I hope:-
Eg. time to do a 14 day settlement = 14 days = 224hrs (16hrs on/off per day) gains you 30 fps in total from the quest side. Plus numerous visits.

Abandon for 7 days (considering the 24hr gap to restart). 7 days = 175fps. Time taken is not the point with this loop hole, as it takes a few minutes to build whats needed and only 4 visits in total and a total wait time of 5 hrs every other day. Not exactly earning the reward imho.

Any suggestions otherwise would be good also :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really want to agree with this and say yes but I really like the free 25fp every day (or thereabouts) it's really helping me devolp my 2nd city much faster than I should expect.

On my main world its just a nice bonus :D

So it's a no from me. Sorry :)

DeletedUser116786

I really want to agree with this and say yes but I really like the free 25fp every day (or thereabouts) it's really helping me devolp my 2nd city much faster than I should expect.

On my main world its just a nice bonus :D

So it's a no from me. Sorry :)
I think you have just said why it should be changed :)

DeletedUser

The settlement system needs a major overhaul well beyond just redistributing rewards.

I voted no because settlements give a lot more than just fps and I still think that doing the full settlement is, in the long run, better fp-wise than doing the 25-fp loop.

DeletedUser116786

The settlement system needs a major overhaul well beyond just redistributing rewards.

I voted no because settlements give a lot more than just fps and I still think that doing the full settlement is, in the long run, better fp-wise than doing
I agree with you. I just think that fps should be earnt :)

I like your honesty :)
My main argument against changing this is that I get lots of free fp from recurring quests which take seconds to do, and can be scrolled through as many time as you like in a day.

Doing the 25fp loop takes a minimum of 5 hours and a couple of minutes before the 24 hour wait.

So in that respect I see it as just another recurring quest but it takes longer to do and actually gives less than I get over a 24hr period than I get through other quests anyway.

I completely agree with Pink

DeletedUser116779

My suggestions are:-

3. Give a large fp reward instead of coins near the end of the settlement.

I like this idea. Pleases everyone, so yes from me.

DeletedUser112882

Option 1 is more preferable to me. Makes more sense that building things costs coin/supplies and that would be reimbursed throughout the progression of the settlement and a nice chunk of fp at the end

DeletedUser116786

The devs fixed the loophole of the final quest
So I would guess its only a matter of time before they rework the early quests that allow for the 25 FP loophole
I do hope the devs are onto this Andrew. Because everyone loves a freebie and they won`t like giving it up. Why I am doubtful there will be not enough yes votes on this. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.