• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: View city from chat screen.

DeletedUser

Would like to get option to view player's city by clicking player's name in chat screen.
It would be the 4th option:

Ignore
Whisper
View city

Any thoughts?

DeletedUser16026

I've thought about this too, and would like that option as well. Rather than go look for the player, be able to go to their city directly. Would save time on clicking and searching for them. Especially for those looking for specific friendships (if you want to check if they have buildings of the age you're looking to hunt bps for, if they've progressed enough to fit in your criteria, etc.) this would be a neat feature.

DeletedUser7719

You can copy their name in chat, right? (then you would paste it in the world rank search then find their city)
Of course, that's time consuming which is why I like this idea :) (still need the template)

DeletedUser15432

A possibility here but not sure whether it would be practical, neutral therefore

DeletedUser15432

up [CHAT] A list of a few simple chat features to be added...
I am aware there have been a few chat improvement posts, as well as a whole thread. However, it was quite cluttered and hard to search if all these simple ideas had been requested. So here it goes, let me know what you all think! :-)

NOTE: These ideas are mostly recommendations for the "global chat" room.

Proposal: Add these specific features to the "global chat" room.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: Yes, there have been a few chat improvement ideas, but I have not seen all of these, and believe this organized, simple list makes it easier to hear everyone's feedback.

Reason: These features are simply "shortcuts" to make navigating quicker and easier, and may promote the use of interacting with people from the chat room.

Details: When "right clicking" one's name, you currently are presented with three options: Whisper, Ignore, and Report. I am presenting the idea that the following features be added to this menu.

1. Status - Displays the player's current status (online/offline) since the global room does not show entered/left, and sometimes you aren't sure if a player is still signed in
2. Stats - Text display of user's game points/global rank. This will allow one to know the experience level of the person they are chatting with, which can help determine one's credibility when speaking about game related topics
3. Visit City - Takes you directly to a player's city
4. Add Friend - Sends a friend request to the player
5. Send Message - Allows you to send a message to a player rather than a whisper. This would be handy for two reasons.
a) If the player has signed off, you can send a message instead of a whisper so they will receive it later in their inbox.
b) At times, I need to send information to someone in a chat that is longer than the character limit that the chat allows.

Visual Aids: No visual aid necessary, as the menu already exists and these would simply be additional links added.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: The only added benefit is much quicker and easier navigation. Currently, it is a process to do any of the above mentioned actions.

I have viewed Alex'a link and copied the information here for all those who might have missed the original thread