• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Very slow

Jamri

Private
I can't seem to do anything in the game today. Everything is moving very slow. Tried clearing everything in history (Firefox) but nothing seems to help.

???

DeletedUser100674

Browser changed X 3. Cache cleared.
Absolutely woeful. Freezing between page changes. Freezing between map changes. Freezing when collecting. Freezing when aiding. Freezing during GvG. Freezing during GE. Freezing using messaging.
5 out of 7 guild members experiencing the same issues. The game is nigh on impossible to play.
Before making announcements about the brand new all singing all dancing buzzers and bells perhaps look at the basics first.
At the moment you have a highly polished sports car and just added spinners. Looks nice. Under the bonnet it's got a lawn mower engine.

DeletedUser110255

Dont forget the general lag emitted for the game's processes. rendering all that stuff take time which we dont have.

DeletedUser111867

Unless its a server wide issue which would effect everybody then the chances are it is a problem caused by the size of your city coupled with the ancient copper wires that the internet is travelling along.

I found switching to an SSD helped along with ensuring QOS was on with broadband.

Once they migrate to HTML5 you should find things better in general

There is a bunch of better things, considering almost anything is possible to create with html. Some of the things making html better is: Responsiveness, lighter code and cpu usage , browser compatible, and SEO Friendly

DeletedUser110255

nah. I have reached the limited upper range of my tech knowledge. I usually just copy what other people have said online over the years. the best ive got is the less stuff u have on a computer, the faster it goes??? :)

DeletedUser111867

nah. I have reached the limited upper range of my tech knowledge. I usually just copy what other people have said online over the years. the best ive got is the less stuff u have on a computer, the faster it goes??? :)

That is true to a degree; more so with older tech as the information written to your HD is gradually pushed to the back and the reader has to find it before accessing it. With an SSD you have almost instantaneous access to any information written anywhere on the drive as it has no mechanical parts as such. As this is a game reliant on the server of the hosting company you are as much reliant on their equipment as you are your own and if your internet is coming along the old copper wires then anything on the internet can easily have periodic slow downs.

DeletedUser2991

These freezing screen problems are here for a very long time now. I changed from firefox to another one. A little better thats all. I only have 2 tabs open, a new fast heavy pc. I can't believe there is no solution. When ppl pay for this game via diamonds (i don't), it should run smoothly. Errors occur, but should be fixed.
When the game running software from another company is to blame, please do something. I know a worldwide game that made new runningsoftware themselves.
Yesterday and today the problems resulted in "not able to get the last 8 hours reward". I know to me its only a free game but I would not advertise it anywhere.

Agent327

Overlord
I found out that under W10, the automatic update of my drivers caused a problem. I had to disable automatic update of my drivers and roll back to a previous version. After that no more problems.

DeletedUser

really need to fix this lag.. a browser game is performing worse then full blown games, stopping me actually doing all the new stuff, because I can't scroll around.

DeletedUser116082

I believe problem is Windows 10. Comparing to Windows 7 FoE runs extremely slow on the same hardware with the same drivers.