• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Venice Carnival Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser109148

I agree the buildings themselves looked beautiful. It's a shame their stats are worse than other buildings of the same era so they not actually worth putting in your city.

Game designers must be annoyed their nice buildings aren't used by anyone! I haven't seen any placed in any players city, what a waste

DeletedUser109385

I agree the buildings themselves looked beautiful. It's a shame their stats are worse than other buildings of the same era so they not actually worth putting in your city.

Game designers must be annoyed their nice buildings aren't used by anyone! I haven't seen any placed in any players city, what a waste
The Renaissance Villa is really beautiful, perfect addition to one of my cities but at this rate I am probably just going to get 2 of them when I wanted 10 of them because the number of hearts you can win for 10 of them are simply very low.

DeletedUser98451

Its still a bit early but i think i can claim the record..... decided to go for wish wells in my diamond farms, spent 41000 hearts across 6 cities and received 1 yes 1 wish well.
This must be an all time low...... unless of course anyone knows different

DeletedUser106696

With that amount of hearts you could have very easily gotten a lot more wishing wells - they have appeared at least once as direct prizes. Since I wasn't interested in them this time around, I didn't note the cost, but I would expect this to be in the region of 5000 hearts per well... so approx 8 wishy wells rather than 1...
If you decide to gamble rather than pay directly, you should be aware that your chance of NOT winning a well is much higher than actually getting one each time you open a chest... and given that it's random, you're no more likely to win that well if you didn't get it on the previous attempt.

DeletedUser101637

im just bewildered. coins are in the 6 hourly prize you can buy with hearts. i have 1.3 billion coins why in the hell would i or anybody for that matter buy more coins. confused here

DeletedUser109385

Seriously this event sucked a lot, I only manged to get two Renaissance Villas in two weeks! Just two and that is it! Absolutely ridiculous, I would strongly recommend for the devs to do this event again but with prizes at a much lower price and more masks to choose from with balanced chances for each one instead of 3.

DeletedUser108047

could have been a lot more history and story about casanova and the late period of Venetian history... Also given the venetian history of trading, military expansion in the levant etc much more could have been done with the actual challenges...

Yep free stuff - but not rivetting stuff :(

DeletedUser

Seriously this event sucked a lot, I only manged to get two Renaissance Villas in two weeks! Just two and that is it! Absolutely ridiculous, I would strongly recommend for the devs to do this event again but with prizes at a much lower price and more masks to choose from with balanced chances for each one instead of 3.
yeah in my main world G my highest score was 240 hearts,of course it had to be on my main world i had to save up to get rogue thankfully i got it ,what a waste of roses
but in a world i dont play in i got 1400 something like that and won a rogue hide by only doing 2 quest : ( : )

DeletedUser110433

I agree with some posts here, but disagree with some others.
1. Event buildings are horrible - i`d say not that simple. Although Ren.Villa gives more coins, it has poor population-happy boost, and just not worth it (although looks really nice) For comparison Ziggurat has same footprint but gives ~50% more happy and population. Ok, canal is actualy decant in stats, but most folks focus on Cultural buildings so the small happy boosters are not very needed. Masquerade Ball - good one, be honest, all anyone cares is 8h or 24h production, and that is equal to Bazaar or Soc.Field... BUT the M.Ball gives happiness for just being in your city.
2. Chance events are horrible - totally agree. The event gives off a punishment feeling, since there are more losers than winners and the official response is: don`t like it, than don`t gamble, there are other options. Of course making a more tolerable mechanism (virtually capped at some point) would mean more work, so this is just another half-baked product. I played Fall, Summer, Soccer, Easter events that also were luck based but never had THIS bad of a luck. Fall event was funny horrible for me, never got what i want from a box, but the things i got were useful anyway. In this event i don`t get anything at all...80% of the time it were roses. The masks are horrible as well, 20-something times on DOUBLE chance on 15% mask to win just ONCE is redundant. Sadly this has happened three times, so i can ask again WHY did i get punished? Looks like most problems are with new events, old ones had time to be polished.
3. @megatonno would you be so kind as to shut up? Now having a 16M points in H means you had enough events to collect anything you`ll ever need. Some folks are new, and it hurts them to lose a lot more, they don`t have the luxury to lose 95% of time. Yes participating is free, but telling them to be happy about losing, when some neighbors skyrocket just of dumb luck... i could agree with you on any other event but NOT THIS ONE!!!!!!

DeletedUser109296

Hey guys,

This thread is for queries and feedback for our upcoming Venice Carnival event. Check out the full announcement and video here!

Thanks!
BOO HISSSSSS! Limit of 11 roses at a time, after quest 8 need more than 11, & after quest 21 need more than 2x 11. Not good for players who only have time to pop in for a bit once a day. :( On top of that 28 quests in 21 days. Guess this event is only for those who live in FoE. :(

DeletedUser110433

Anybody who spends a single diamond on this fiasco of an event gets exactly what they deserve...
Cruel statement, if on 15% with double chance you lose all 15 attempts on your bar, and still want to get back even a little it is fair and what they deserved, yes?
Please restrain from making such statements, although you can blame general stupidity of some players on hoping to get anything from 5%, i see no excuse for Inno on broken 15% x2 mechanism.

DeletedUser

I just spent ALL my painstakingly skrimped hearts on a single, solitary Shrine of Knowledge and y'know what? I'm happy with that... because it's quite simply a prize that I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD if there was no event.
People, you're playing a free-to-play game, you're not entitled to anything. Take your luck, good or bad and just be thankful you've had a chance to win something you wouldn't have had in normal gameplay. Quit complaining that the odds weren't in your favour and just try to enjoy your FREE stuff.

DeletedUser110433

I just spent ALL my painstakingly skrimped hearts on a single, solitary Shrine of Knowledge and y'know what? I'm happy with that... because it's quite simply a prize that I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD if there was no event.
People, you're playing a free-to-play game, you're not entitled to anything. Take your luck, good or bad and just be thankful you've had a chance to win something you wouldn't have had in normal gameplay. Quit complaining that the odds weren't in your favour and just try to enjoy your FREE stuff.
Unfortunately this is not a marathon were even the last to finish can be proud of getting there at all. This is a strategic game where luck should not play major role, true while inside your own city it is not so important, but hey this is multi-player and sudden heavy advantage for some is unfair to less lucky. Some work hard to get where they are, and some can just kiss their fortune for getting to top.
So at this point - sorry i`d prefer rather no event at all, than this uneven distribution (and i am talking about everyone).

DeletedUser

I wouldn't say is free stuff as we had to work for it
Work? Really? I don't count clicking a screen as work myself...
You could have got one in GE 8-)
You could have, but what I mean is the event was YET ANOTHER way to win one; an opportunity that you wouldn't have had otherwise.

This is a strategic game where luck should not play major role
It is still a strategy game, but the seasonal events have always largely been games of chance. I cannot imagine you would be complaining about the fortunes of unlucky players in this event if you yourself had been more lucky.

DeletedUser109385

Work? Really? I don't count clicking a screen as work myself...
Not only that, logging and staying active everytime to spend as many roses as possible only to get one SoK? Seriously if I knew this from the beginning I wouldn't have even bothered to be active as much, this event is a rip-off in terms of time and effort

DeletedUser109385

I would suggest that they do this event again but this time improve the chances of winning and lower the prices of all prizes by 50%

DeletedUser110433

It is still a strategy game, but the seasonal events have always largely been games of chance. I cannot imagine you would be complaining about the fortunes of unlucky players in this event if you yourself had been more lucky.
I tend to complain about things that affect others, not just me If it was not so personal, it would be smaller chance of picking up this subject. As mentioned before i have seen other chance events, i have had good and bad luck, I recall people complaining about soccer event, but that number was far smaller than i hear about this event.
I have to agree with Soldatos:
Not only that, logging and staying active everytime to spend as many roses as possible only to get one SoK? Seriously if I knew this from the beginning I wouldn't have even bothered to be active as much, this event is a rip-off in terms of time and effort
One M.Ball from quests + one special building for hearts is horrible reward for working entire event.