• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Venice Carnival Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser110312

Is it just me or do the prizes seem abit steep
2500 hearts for a Renaissance villa...
Christ!
I would much rather open the chest at 640 hearts 4times an save 60morr hearts to open it a 5th time!
5% CHANCE of an SOK That bumps up to 20-25% of an SOK if opened 4-5 times
I mean.. Jesus

DeletedUser110312

Give 16 roses infiltrate 4 sectors
reward.. 5 roses
Lol pat on the back to who made #12 possible

DeletedUser

The Venice graphics are very pretty BUT the Venice canal I just wasted diamonds on is so small I need a magnifying glass to appreciate it.
The size is quite clearly indicated on the item... why did you buy it then?

DeletedUser110150

Having to gamble each time just to earn currency (unless you take the measly 10 heart reward for the 100% mask) and prizes which are absurdly expensive (gambling on the chests is no way worth it based on probability, so better to buy outright)...I can see why the event got slammed on the beta forum.

As ams724 found (and I've had similar experiences with it too), it's designed largely with frustrating players in mind and getting them to part ways with their diamonds - more blatantly it seems even than other events.

A lot of effort just to get 1 or 2 prizes you want by buying them directly. Way less rewarding than the other events of a similar nature where you can get 5-10 of the prizes you want if you put the effort in, and other things along the way.

Big disappointment so far. Shame. I'll probably grind my way through it to grab a SoK (maybe 2 if I'm very lucky, unlikely) but won't miss it when it's over. Looking forward to the Einstein event.

DeletedUser

As ams724 found (and I've had similar experiences with it too), it's designed largely with frustrating players in mind and getting them to part ways with their diamonds - more blatantly it seems even than other events.
LOL. I just can't fathom the kind of person who NEEDS a bunch of pixels on a free to play game so badly that they feel they've no option but to pay for it. There's no point blaming Inno for preying on that kind of person. No one forces them.

I'll probably grind my way through it to grab a SoK (maybe 2 if I'm very lucky, unlikely)
This is my current philosophy and grabbing even one SoK for nought over the course of an event ain't half bad for me. Free is always good.

DeletedUser5180

LOL. I just can't fathom the kind of person who NEEDS a bunch of pixels on a free to play game so badly that they feel they've no option but to pay for it. There's no point blaming Inno for preying on that kind of person. No one forces them.

This is my current philosophy and grabbing even one SoK for nought over the course of an event ain't half bad for me. Free is always good.

I agree, especially since the last diamond price hike took the proverbial p*** out of players to a whole new level.

Save all your hearts (even use the 100% chance every rose) and you'll get over 4000 hearts for the masquerade ball giving 2 fps a day so every player comes out of the event smelling of roses :P

.... I'll get my coat

DeletedUser108961

I always appreciate every event. It makes the game more fun and adds new goals.
What I don't like are events based on chance, rather than on time spent playing, commitment or intelligence to solve puzzles and challenges.
The tavern was a good addition, since it depends on us and the way we manage it, but the Guild Expeditions and these kind of events fail in their way to reward the player. Some will always be luckier than others, even if they do the same thing.
Maybe rewards should be based on goals met, rather than if I'm lucky or not.
Prizes are ok. Of course we would not have everything free handed. It would make the whole game pointless.
Keep up.

DeletedUser110175

You apparently don't understand compulsive gambling....initially you start off small and you feel totally in control...you keep betting those small amounts and you see the pot getting bigger and bigger and before you know it, you are totally into the game, betting larger and larger amounts with double chance...and the pot keeps getting bigger and bigger and you bet until you are all out...and then your eyes land on that small plus sign besides your empty rose bar and them go between it and the large pot....maybe I'll take out a little diamond!...the damn mask shakes it's head and it shakes it again and again and again and before you know it, you can't stop breaking out the diamonds in packs...I must have that large pot!!!

This event is one diabolic gambling machine and I would like to shake hands with whoever designed it, because out of nowhere, it gave me my first brush with compulsive gambling....before I was generally always against gambling of any kind..

And no it's not free if you are paying diamonds for it....the whole point of diamonds is to buy a bunch of pixels..

By the way, I also made one enemy from this event (so far)...apparently the guy I took the top Casanova position from was so pissed off, he decided to plunder me..

Aren't these events supposed to be fun!....we wait for months for them, so we can finally win some nice stuff for free to better our game...this event has just left a bad taste..

DeletedUser110175

Sounds like the problem is with you and not the game..
Yeah the gambler is always at fault...not the gambling institution....of course this game is advertised as a strategy building game, not a gambling one..

Upupa Epops

Master Corporal
I had to laugh. I notice that frequently the prize for finishing a quest is Five Roses. Where I come from that is a brand of tea. :rolleyes:
5roses-tea-logo-new.jpg

Last edited:

Ludicrous

Private
This event is tedious - not a patch on the easter egg quest! - and expensive. Forget trying to get a SOK or WW...

DeletedUser110435

I like that this event has unearthed hidden gambling addictions that I never realized I had.

DeletedUser109148

I don't usually post, and I wouldn't like it to be a negative post but geez the Carnival event has to be about the worst event in the 2 years I've played FoE. Here's why:

• If you're after a 'top' prize in terms of heart cost (SoK) you'll get 1 if you save your hearts for the full 28 days.. that's a ridiculous amount of time and quests for 1 prize
  • People sit in the 'mask' window waiting for others to give a rose, then give their own to maximise returns. I get everyone can be opportunist, but its a pretty unfair situation for the player who doesn't get the rewards.
  • The chance of success is so low the event makes me far angrier than happy. This was constantly raised in Beta but clearly to no avail.
  • It's a very boring event. If you're going to make it go for an entire month some kind of variety would be nice outside of complete quest/spend roses/do nothing for at least a week (or month in my case) until a prize comes up

Before someone wheels out the old 'you don't need to participate if you don't want to' - i want to participate in events, i enjoy them. But i don't think it's unreasonable to point out some pretty obvious flaws in something that is clearly just a rehash of the soccer event, except roses cannot be stored. Even the final prize is pretty much a soccer field/luau cross.

I don't know why i get so worked up and keep playing a game when there is clearly so little effort put in from Inno's side

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109385

I agree, the chances of winning hearts are ridicoulsoly low, even with the double chance you are still more likely to lose, 1 wishing well for 5500 hearts, really? I barely have 3000 hearts thanks to the low chances of winning them. Seriously make the chances of winning hearts slightly higher like the second mask 40% chance and the cocky mask 20% chance, in that way we can have a decent chance to win the rewards we want. The quests don't give many hearts eithet, I am guessing INNO wants us to spend diamonds

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109385

This must be the worst seasonal event I played in so far, it's a shame really as the new buildings were really cool.