• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Venice Carnival Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser109966

Well I thought this event was a very clever and cynical event by INNO removing the packs from roses and playing on our rawest instincts.... and to their credit it worked brilliantly in my case as they completely succeeded in draining all my diamonds I'd spent ages collecting.... did manage to win a few SoK's tho... but my goodness, I never realised how much I hate to let someone else win my losses.... lol

DeletedUser107046

I didn't spend any Diamonds, and don't on any event anymore... it's a waste and better saved for actual structures you have to get from the build tree. The only item I've found to be elusive is the Renaissance Villa, which is odd because it has the same reward-probability as the Masquerade Ball - I have three of those simply from the Wake Chests!

With so little time left in the event, however, it will have to be a bug the team looks at for next year.

[UPDATE] Make that 4 Masquerade Ball buildings...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

I just spent ALL my painstakingly skrimped hearts on a single, solitary Shrine of Knowledge and y'know what? I'm happy with that... because it's quite simply a prize that I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD if there was no event.
People, you're playing a free-to-play game, you're not entitled to anything. Take your luck, good or bad and just be thankful you've had a chance to win something you wouldn't have had in normal gameplay. Quit complaining that the odds weren't in your favour and just try to enjoy your FREE stuff.
I'm like your good self but used my hearts to buy a masquerade ball and won one from the event itself and I'm more than happy for the same reason as you :lol:

DeletedUser110433

Good for you. Not expecting anything and than getting prize is the most satisfying approach.
Still, why should i prefer to prepare for the worse and then not be surprised that it actually happens? Did not have high expectations from a chance event, but letting the worse happen is pure sloppy (or neglectful) work of Inno.
I still disagree with ''Free stuff'' promoters, there should be a line that should not be crossed, since people are people and should be cared for. Players are not digits in cumulative data base.

DeletedUser5180

Good for you. Not expecting anything and than getting prize is the most satisfying approach.
Still, why should i prefer to prepare for the worse and then not be surprised that it actually happens? Did not have high expectations from a chance event, but letting the worse happen is pure sloppy (or neglectful) work of Inno.
I still disagree with ''Free stuff'' promoters, there should be a line that should not be crossed, since people are people and should be cared for. Players are not digits in cumulative data base.

You didn't have to play a chance event to come out of it with some nice additions to your city.

Merely collecting roses and spending them on the 100% mask gave 240 hearts a day and heart were given out every second quest, the alternative quests gave extra roses which is more hearts.

A quick calculation at the start of the event would give each player an idea of how many hearts could be gained this way without having to rely on chance,

Some players would be happy to collect a top prize this way and a masquerade ball for completing the event.... then other players would aim for more by gambling on the 15% and 5% masks so is it really Inno's fault if some of those that gamble are less than happy with their final rewards when they had the option of guaranteed success?

DeletedUser110433

Someone already made the caclulation, but i can repeat: 1040 from Quests in hearts, -276 roses for quests is -2760 hearts LOST, 20 days of event =20 x 24h = 4800, 11 starting roses = 110 hearts. That results in 3190 hearts if you wish you can recount. Now one M.ball costs 4000, if you gamble on 15% and get some more hearts you`d have some 5 chances... as in (M.Ball=15%) 15x5 = 75% chance to win ONE.
Nice event of making people work for nothing..... oh right, enjoy the nothing since it is free....

My bad on calculation, i automatically put ''give roses'' in minus colum. So it is actualy 1040+1300+4800=6140 . Enough for one M.Ball for hearts 3 box attempts. Unfortunately i still think total of 2 M.Balls is not enough of reward.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

My bad on calculation, i automatically put ''give roses'' in minus colum. So it is actualy 1040+1300+4800=6140 . Enough for one M.Ball for hearts 3 box attempts. Unfortunately i still think total of 2 M.Balls is not enough of reward.

Sorry mate but I'd say 2 m.balls is a nice reward for completing a few simple quests.

DeletedUser109385

I had to spend 30 diamonds in this rip-off event just to finish the last quest on time.
THIS EVENT SUCKED A LOT, SUCKED SO HARD!

DeletedUser106696

You should have logged on a few more times... I finished 4 days before the scheduled end without spending a single diamond... all it needed you to do for a free masquerade building was to log on twice daily and spend your roses...

DeletedUser110433

With logging in 2x per day was enough to do everything in time, and even with some extra time to spare.
Overall the event was still broken, the x2 chance was not working at all, ether that or middle mask had nasty margin on giving up only at accumulating 500%.

Vesiger

Monarch
I have the opposite problem, really - with so many events, the prizes have lost their excitement because at this point I already have unused items in my inventory from last events that I have no room to place. I had to delete my Luau in order to place my Masked Ball - I really don't want any more Shrines at the moment. I have a Wishing Well (or Fountain of Youth) that is sitting unused in my inventory. I diligently played for hearts, won several thousand, and ended up trading them for Forge Points at the end of the event because there wasn't anything I wanted to buy. I certainly didn't spend diamonds trying desperately to win yet more hearts.

If you keep throwing prizes at people, the prizes lose their interest. Which is a pity.

DeletedUser110433

I've noticed that users expecting too much from the events which leads to their disappointment. The choice is theirs to participate or not participate but I'm grateful to have this opportunity.
In any other chance event even bad prizes were good. This event disappointed so many people, sure you can blame people for gambling, but look at it like this: There are 4 groups of people in this event: 1) heart win, box win 2) heart lose, box win 3) heart win, box lose 4) heart lose, box lose. As you can see 3 out of 4 groups can complain that the event was ridiculous, people are not saints and looks like event was made to squeeze out diamonds.
Also Inno is getting so stingy on giving out anything that they even put such small prizes as storage kits as grand prize in GE. I am not a five year old and enjoy winning just for the winning thrills only first couple of times, after that if i win than give me my prizes!!!