• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Valentine's Event 2016

DeletedUser

..no, it will the upcoming Easter event, I guess

Last Easter, rogue hideouts were not possible to win. I don't know why you think this Easter will be different, since there's currently no evidence to suggest they will be.

DeletedUser5180

this event will be my first event. any advice on what I should be doing to prepare? I dont have a tree, or know how to get one. any help/advice very appreciated

there are a few quests that are worth preparing for if possible.

have a tech on the tree ready to complete (ie all the fps and goods needed) so when you get a quest to complete a tech you can do it straight away

on the continent map you will probably have to complete a sector without fighting (ie negotiate) so again, have the goods for this ready.

also on the map you will have to probably scout a province, if you can already see the scout then do not use it until this quest comes up.

try and keep a 3x3 space in your city as you will probably have to build one of everything

DeletedUser

I don't suppose we can put special building back in our inventory...until next year when the same events take place again? what's the point if they are only to stay in the inventory... the thing is, once you put it out on your land, it has the potential to become victim to land management. I hear people saying they need to get their tree out to get upgrade ( or confectionary - rouge hideout etc etc) that means they have it in the inventory, for the whole year since the last time the event happened....what's the point if you can't show it off...that's the fun of it. It's like having millions and hiding it....lol if you have something nice, you would want to show it off.... Am I missing something here ??

DeletedUser653

this event will be my first event. any advice on what I should be doing to prepare? I dont have a tree, or know how to get one. any help/advice very appreciated
be prepared for the quests which will ask you to scout a province, claim sector without fighting, maybe even claim a province? its these type of ones that hurt since you could have just started new province and you get the scout one, now having to fight 10 sectors just to be allowed a scout etc etc

DeletedUser10025

be prepared for the quests which will ask you to scout a province, claim sector without fighting, maybe even claim a province? its these type of ones that hurt since you could have just started new province and you get the scout one, now having to fight 10 sectors just to be allowed a scout etc etc
The quest to take a province will come after the scout quest (as usual). Don't forget there most likely will be a quest to infiltrate at least one sector and that usually comes early on in the map-related quests.

DeletedUser914

I don't suppose we can put special building back in our inventory...until next year when the same events take place again? what's the point if they are only to stay in the inventory... the thing is, once you put it out on your land, it has the potential to become victim to land management. I hear people saying they need to get their tree out to get upgrade ( or confectionary - rouge hideout etc etc) that means they have it in the inventory, for the whole year since the last time the event happened....what's the point if you can't show it off...that's the fun of it. It's like having millions and hiding it....lol if you have something nice, you would want to show it off.... Am I missing something here ??

The point is that you like to have it inventory when a new era starts, so you can put goods buildings instead.

DeletedUser

sorry Alwinal, but I am maybe a bit new, cos' I didn;t get the explanation.......could you please explain to me again - like I was a 10 year old.

DeletedUser

sorry Alwinal, but I am maybe a bit new, cos' I didn;t get the explanation.......could you please explain to me again - like I was a 10 year old.

Not following Alwinal's explanation either.
I primarily hold buildings in my inventory until I get a quest that says something like "place a specific type of building". This can save resources.
In the case of holding onto the tree in particular, perhaps the happiness is not needed at the time, or space to place it is an issue, or it's not as good as other buildings that you already have placed. Placing it only to remove it to get the upgraded tree with the current era makes it more beneficial and possibly worthwhile to replace an existing building.

DeletedUser914

Sure I will explain: normally one of the last quests is this: sell a tree of love. The reward for that tree of love is a bigger tree of love. Which has much greater specs. And rewards are moving to your inventory. And what is in inventory, it is not mandatory to put it in your city, it can stay in your inventory for ever, so the balance is a nice beautiful tree which can be put at any moment you like, and leave a gap which can be used for other things.

With the new situation: there is no quest that tells to sell the tree and nothing returns in your inventory, so you have to keep the tree on your land forever, only a renovation is possible.

DeletedUser12400

55.png

Triumphal Arch!? Really!? You could at least give Amphitheater as reward :hide:

latest

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
saw on the Wiki there is a outcome where you can choose friendship over love. What? XD What kind of Valentine event about love ends with no girl! sounds like a rip off, haha.

oh well, totes going Caesar and Cleo! Best Ship imo.

Also I agree, what's up with the reward of an Arch, large space deco that will stay in peoples inventories for a long time to come. Amph would at least be usefull to all bronze/iron/EMA/HMA peoples.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
the kind of Valentine Event that gives no new Tree of Love :rolleyes:

that is the much bigger rip off

maybe they thought that it was starting to give too much happiness for it's size and figured it'd be better to not give people too massive of a exclusive upgrade or something, hehe.

But yeah true, first time they done that from all the past Valentine events, seems kinda weird.

DeletedUser108410

saw on the Wiki there is a outcome where you can choose friendship over love. What? XD What kind of Valentine event about love ends with no girl! sounds like a rip off, haha.

That is my kind of Valentine.I'd go with friendship over love any time of Day, Week, Month, Year, Decade, Century.

Vesiger

Monarch
The main result of this event so far is that - after my experiences last time - I've been holding back on finishing all tech and map progress in case I might get asked to do something that will take ages to accomplish from scratch :-(

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
The main result of this event so far is that - after my experiences last time - I've been holding back on finishing all tech and map progress in case I might get asked to do something that will take ages to accomplish from scratch :-(

This is the part about the event I hate, We are forced to wait for quests and we know that some will require scouting and providence taking so we all basically stop our military progress for a week just to let the quests catch up to scouting then taking xD also, yeah, one research is needed too~

DeletedUser16026

The amount of actions that the game can ask you to do through quests are of course limited, so that tends to be one of the requirements for quests during the events. With shorter events like these having one research ready to unlock will keep you covered.

DeletedUser6065

"People love me. They want to make me 'Dictator in Perpetuity' - their sole leader until the end of my days'.

Well the only downside I can see . . . you have left the opposition only one way to replace you.

. . . . mk