• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Valentine's Event 2016

DeletedUser

Just a question, I have the tree of love in my inventory, does it need to be placed in order to get the upgraded version? Just wondering if I should put it down before the event happens, thank you.
Going by previous events, the quest giving you the opportunity to upgrade your special building will not recognise that you have the building already unless it is constructed in your city at the time; it will not count anything in your Inventory. Recently, the special event questlines have usually given you a hint as to when you should place your special building so either keep an eye out for that or place it at the beginning of the event if you want the upgraded version :)

DeletedUser16026

Just a question, I have the tree of love in my inventory, does it need to be placed in order to get the upgraded version? Just wondering if I should put it down before the event happens, thank you.
Yeah, in addition to what lady-lexis said above - in general you would not need the building in your city before the start of the event, but you should have it up before you complete the penultimate quest(s). The final quest has several versions and you'll receive the one based on what building (if any) you have in your city when the previous quest is completed.

As mentioned, if you pay a bit more attention to the quest descriptions (not just the requirements) you'll find a hint that tells you when to place it.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Thank you both for your replies! and noted. ^^

I'll just play it safe and have it down just before the event starts, hehe. Finally got to the expansion part of the EMA research and will finally have space for it. :D

Really good though that the quests themselves will hint at placing it down or not, I read all the quests in full because I'm very glad that this game does have a story, and enjoying every moment of it. ^^

DeletedUser14704

Guessing from the description that we're still not getting a chance to complete our avatar collections, some of us were very new players during Valentines 4 years ago and never got to complete the questline. Unlike other avatars, the "Rosie and Jim" from then have never reappeared.

DeletedUser18000

any chance their is a you marry Cleopatra Option? that way Marc Anthony and Ceasar keep their friendship(and Lives) and you get the Lady ;)

DeletedUser16026

Guessing from the description that we're still not getting a chance to complete our avatar collections, some of us were very new players during Valentines 4 years ago and never got to complete the questline. Unlike other avatars, the "Rosie and Jim" from then have never reappeared.
There are actually multiple portraits that have not reappeared. The avatars received through the Halloween/Winter/Valentines Event (plus avatars from some other non-occurring event) change every year and the old ones are never available during the following year. For example this year's Winter Event did not feature last year's avatars, but 2 new ones. However, in the past the Summer Event which features a wheel of rewards, used to provide most of these alternative avatars as a potential prize. So maybe you'll have the chance to win them again this summer if the event takes place and takes place in a similar format.

any chance their is a you marry Cleopatra Option? that way Marc Anthony and Ceasar keep their friendship(and Lives) and you get the Lady ;)
That would be an interesting turn out of events - maybe they unite against you and you have to fight them. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be on the table. :P

DeletedUser12153

So will we actually be able to follow the story this time or will quests still autocomplete like during the previous event?

DeletedUser6065

Looking for the Friends with Benefits option here.
. . . mk

DeletedUser16026

So will we actually be able to follow the story this time or will quests still autocomplete like during the previous event?
Actually, I need to test to double check but I think this should be fixed.

ETA: Yep, this was fixed with the 1.68 update so hopefully no one should have trouble following the questline story. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5514

can i have the tree in my stockpile to get the reno kit or do i have to plant the tree in my city?

DeletedUser16026

can i have the tree in my stockpile to get the reno kit or do i have to plant the tree in my city?
In order to get that version of the last quest you need to have the largest tree in your city prior to getting the final quest. You won't get the quest that gives the Renovation Kit if you keep the tree in your Inventory.

DeletedUser11899

well, I just hope this time to end up this event without feeling cheated by a bugged questline as it happened on last (first) Winter event edition on Noarsil

(Still dont have my single confectionary and it wasnt my fault)

joesoap

Major-General
and there is no way to get the Tree back into the inventory :o
i find this is ingenious
we all say how we keep these buildings in our inventory & take them out once a year to get them upgraded, i know we could sell it after we get the kit but then we wont have the tree for the event next year so we have to keep it

DeletedUser109087

this event will be my first event. any advice on what I should be doing to prepare? I dont have a tree, or know how to get one. any help/advice very appreciated

DeletedUser11899

this event will be my first event. any advice on what I should be doing to prepare? I dont have a tree, or know how to get one. any help/advice very appreciated

Each daily quest will ask you to do something (collect supplies, coins, scout, research, infiltrate, conquer..and so on)
if you complete all this questline you'll get the Tree of Love as reward

DeletedUser914

I also have a legendary confectionary and a legendary graveyard. Do they give also renokits from now on?