• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Valentine's Event 2015

DeletedUser6395

I will get over myself...and thank you for telling me that.

DeletedUser100832

I've always said from day one...since I joined this game that I would never, ever plunder another member...and it ain't about to change now...several years later.:))
So if I can't play the Valentine's event and win a big tree...I still have my integritree.:)))

jsut ask two neighbours to set a building to 5m production, and plunder that

DeletedUser5180

i know Ophion well in this game, he has had this stance since day one of playing and if someone has a principle then they should not have to compromise it.

We raised the issue of plundering as a quest in the events quite some time ago (before winter event 2014 if i remember) and we were promised that future events that had plunder as a quest would have an alternative that everyone could complete, that should not be an alternative quest that includes the map or tech tree which many players have already completed.

I have a pascifist guild mate that has not had one battle in the game and has completed the map and tree, why should she also not be able to complete this event

INNO have gone back on their word if the quest remains the same as beta, perhaps a Co-Com could raise this issue before the event gets under way.?

DeletedUser96901

acquiring sectors or plundering (auto-completed when conquered the whole map)
there is an alternative :p

in the past:
only: acquiring sectors
people complained because that could take too long

now they can do that quest in a short time with the alternative
or the make it the good old way and aquired sectors

so what is the problem :confused:

I have a pascifist guild mate that has not had one battle in the game and has completed the map and tree, why should she also not be able to complete this event
AUTO-COMPLETED if map is really completed

so why do people complain before the problem
and not knowing all facts :rolleyes:

but that is the problem when people from the beta server tells what comes and missing important facts

so let me repeat the important fact (3rd time here that everybody have read it)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

acquiring sectors or plundering (auto-completed when conquered the whole map)
there is an alternative :p

in the past:
only: acquiring sectors
people complained because that could take too long

now they can do that quest in a short time with the alternative
or the make it the good old way and aquired sectors

so what is the problem :confused:

so why do people complain before the problem
and not knowing all facts :rolleyes:

but that is the problem when people from the beta server tells what comes and missing important facts

so let me repeat the important fact (3rd time here that everybody have read it)

so you are saying if the map is finished then this quest will ignore the plunder part of it and auto-complete.?

DeletedUser5180

like having it done on the beta server ?:rolleyes:

thank you, i understood that if your map was completed you would have to plunder with it being an option in the quest

not all players on the beta servers are only playing when an event is there :rolleyes:

not all players on the beta server have completed the map so would be unsure whether the quest would auto complete or not :rolleyes:

DeletedUser6395

One of my members reached quest no 7 in the Valentine's quests which asked to infiltrate 4 sectors but had already completed the map.
Support basically told him it's his own fault for getting ahead of himself so he's unable to go any further. So it doesn't skip if the map is complete.
This sounds absolutely crazy to me...and if that's the case...then hundreds of us that have completed the map are not going to be able to play the Valentine's event.

DeletedUser99445

The Valentines event is pretty weak anyway and barely worth having.
Don't give it a thought if you are unable to complete it. Its just a pinkish tree at stake.

DeletedUser6395

It might be "pretty weak and barely worth having" but it ought to be available for all members to take part in and not just for some...at least that's my opinion. Nevermind.

DeletedUser5180

i have just checked back through the previous 2 events

Winter Event 2014
Day 6 - aquire a sector without fighting
Day 10 - infiltrate 2 sectors
Day 16 - aquire 3 sectors
Day 23 - scout a province

Halloween 2014
Quest 12 - scout a province
Quest 14 - conquer a province

in all 6 cases the quest auto completed if the map was finished, has inno changed their policy of auto completing these type of quests.?

can you ask your member to screenshot the reply from support @ Ophion and either pm me the link here or in Fel Dranghyr pse mate

DeletedUser5180

The Valentines event is pretty weak anyway and barely worth having.
Don't give it a thought if you are unable to complete it. Its just a pinkish tree at stake.

its not the point tho really is it (if, indeed you are punished for completing something).?

DeletedUser6065

Now, I'm a little confused here.

If the scout/plunder quest auto-completes, why then did ophion post the problem?

And, more, why has ophion not returned here and notified us that this is a 'non-problem'?

. . . mk

DeletedUser6395

One of my members told me that he had contacted support about this and was told that because he had completed the map so soon, he wouldn't be able to go any further. I'm waiting to receive a copy of support's message to him so I can see for myself exactly what was said and will let you know the outcome as soon as I hear anything.

DeletedUser2989

An important thing to note with all the conversation about the quests for this event is that all information currently available depends on the beta server. As such anything that pops up as a "problem" on the beta server may not appear on the live server. As Akbhoy67 pointed out quests that rely on the continent map have auto-completed in the past provided all of the map is complete (Every province explored and taken). So given that I see no reason to expect otherwise.

I'm sure we are all aware that the forum rules ask for us to not discuss other servers here, so after this post can we contain concerns over Quests and their completion requirements to the beta server. It's very confusing to people here especially if the quests or the completion requirements change.

DeletedUser6065

This quest does not 'rely on the continent map'.

The quest is either/or.

(O.K., I'm done).

. . . .mk

DeletedUser99445

It might be "pretty weak and barely worth having" but it ought to be available for all members to take part in and not just for some...at least that's my opinion. Nevermind.

Well it is but it shouldn't have to cater for individual players quirks