• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Unformatted: Vacation or absence notice

Blodger

Private
It would be really useful if there was some way of attaching a notice to an account to at least let others, guild members and friends know that someone is on vacation or will be absent for some reason. The onus would be on the player to post the notice before they go. Presently there is no way to tell if a player has stopped playing or is merely 'away'.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
It would be really useful if there was some way of attaching a notice to an account to at least let others, guild members and friends know that someone is on vacation or will be absent for some reason. The onus would be on the player to post the notice before they go. Presently there is no way to tell if a player has stopped playing or is merely 'away'.
The player already has the ability to tell guild members and friends through the messaging system if he’s is on vacation or away for a few day etc

Blodger

Private
The player already has the ability to tell guild members and friends through the messaging system if he’s is on vacation or away for a few day etc
Yes I can see that a message to all guild members would be an option but unless you are prepared to create a group and put in the names of all your friends (and modify every time a friend changes} then friends cannot be addressed as group. Furthermore this requires everybody to remember the message. What I am suggesting would be a message popping up every time that player was 'addressed' or visited.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Yes I can see that a message to all guild members would be an option but unless you are prepared to create a group and put in the names of all your friends (and modify every time a friend changes} then friends cannot be addressed as group. Furthermore this requires everybody to remember the message. What I am suggesting would be a message popping up every time that player was 'addressed' or visited.
It’s not a idea I would endorse as there are many ways to let people know you are not going to be playing the game for x amount of time, it’s up to you as a player if you want active friends or not and up to you how long want to keep them on your friends list

Emberguard

Legend
In what way would this differ from profile text? It’s already pinned to your account and displayed when clicked on in the social bar or visiting the city

Blodger

Private
In what way would this differ from profile text? It’s already pinned to your account and displayed when clicked on in the social bar or visiting the city
Basically because it would be a pop-up a la "you are still visiting" or"come back in.....".

Vesiger

Monarch
As a mobile player I don't think I've ever seen anybody's "profile text" (if it's the thing I'm thinking of) without first visiting their city and then clicking on their city name, which is to say that I've very rarely seen it.