• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

uppdate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2234

after the last uppdate some of the buildings changed, this we were told would happen in the "uppdate logg", but what happens now is that I, and propably more players, have a totally useless building, I used to have a stonemason (advanced) and now i have a herb merchant, nothing bad about the herb merchant( I might propably need it some time) except that i need that gold and supplies to build stuff i can actually use, I used thoose supplies and gold to build something i needed but now i got something i dont..... please just delete that building and give me back what i used soo that i can build what I need.

Basicly i have a useless building and used the gold and supplies to build it when i could have built something i need.

DeletedUser

well the advanced stone mason no longer exists...

so they cant really give it back to you

DeletedUser1081

... sorry for asking, but have you checked to make sure your stone depost hasn't been changed to an herb deposit? if you got the stone as an HMA deposit then it's now herbs.

DeletedUser2394

Have same problem here. My improved stone mason became herb merchant, but there are no herbs on map. I had stone deposit in earlier age and it's still there. But no herbs. And I have discovered already all regions with deposits of raw materials, so no chance I will find herbs now.

DeletedUser

I'm in the exact same boat as the rest of you. I had two improved production buildings one for limestone and gold. I have lost both and since my gold deposit was from an early era my improved goldsmith lost its value and the talc powder maker I had has no value to me since I have all I need of it to advance the tech tree.

DeletedUser2234

Aerozol, I dont want the stone mason back, i want the materials that it cost me to build it back, I do not have the need to make herbs at this point since i dont have the raw material, i need salt and rope but i lack the material to build it... I used thoose materials to make the advanced stone that now is gone. So i lost materials when building something that today is useless to me(herbs) if i new that this would happen i would newer have built the stone mason to start with.

Mink. i did check and yes the material was changed but still to no value for me. I dont need the material but the uilding that produces something that is of value to me.

DeletedUser1081

katcom, sorry but i'm just trying to make sure i understand what your situation is: you got a stone deposit as one of your HMA goods, and built the improved stone mason, and now your stone deposit has been replaced by an herb deposit, and your improved stone mason has been replaced with an herb merchant - is that correct? and your objection is that you have no need for the herbs at this point?

DeletedUser

i guess the admins didnt do a good job at thinking this through... indeed it would have been more fair to just give people back the gold/supplies it costed them instead of changing the old buildings to new ones which might be useless.

DeletedUser1081

i don't quite get the "useless" angle of this - i don't personally need herbs at this point either, but my neighbours and guildmates certainly may need them in the future. and i may need them too when the Colonial Age comes around.

but if people don't want their new buildings they can sell them, right? the stone mason would've worn out its usefulness as well, since stone is no longer needed in such large quantities in the HMA and LMA. i don't know how the price of an herb merchant compares with the cost of an improved stone mason, so i'm not sure the 25% "refund" would be equivalent for the two buildings, but ... well, it's probably better than nothing if you're really sure you don't want the new building.

the people who got nice new talc producers seem to have made out the best in all this. at least in my guild and neighbourhood, talc is currently the "most wanted" of the three new goods.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

While I haven't been affected by this (noob bronze age), I think people need to understand that this IS a beta. Things change, Devs are trying to make the finished game better. You might suffer slightly in the short term, but the Devs have to think about the big picture, 3 goods per age, and a more rounded finished game. A better finished game is better for everyone in the long term, it means more players join, and more stay.

DeletedUser

Katcom Instead of building the regular stone building you built the improved building? Was it because of quest? If it was because of quest then I agree you should have gotten the supplies/coins back. If it is because you just built it on your own then no since you could have just built the one from the earlier age.

DeletedUser2234

Mink. correct mink, if i new this i would have built salt or rope instead that is something I have in raw materials and can use and trade with. Herbs yes are needed but at this point id rather trade for them since i can get them for a good price while making them is to costly. About selling the building ofcourse i can do that, but its one thing to make misstakes and sell or that i dont need it any more, but to build something that turns out to be useless due to game changes ... that sux :/ and selling it when i might need it (getting the raw material herbs) is foolish because i might have it on the next land part i explore. My point is that I did not choose to have this building and I am "stuck" with it.

Wallachian. agree 100%

Bartimaeus46. I / we know its a beta thats why we write in the forums. It might sound as crying or whining(want some chees with that wine?) but its usefull for the Dev's to find out what works and what doesnt, so that in the end it might work out great for all, but that doesnt mean that we shouldnt speek our mind so that they wount find out what is "wrong" according to the players :D

Status
Not open for further replies.