• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upgrade Kit Crates - Win previous event upgrades

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser111593

Proposal:
Introduce the ability to win an Upgrade Kit Crate (similar to the current “Boost Crate”), where opening the crate allows the player to choose one upgrade kit from a selection of kits from previous events.

Have you checked for similar ideas?:
I have searched the forum and can not find any reference to a Upgrade Kit Crate.

Reason:
After playing the game for several years personally, sometimes you don’t have the time during an event to complete every quest to build a full event building. Once the event is over, your left with a building which is not finished, allowing players to win a kit, allows them to complete the event building.

As there are multiple events throughout the year, in keeping with the game style, allowing the feature to be easily updatable and applicable to the widest range of players, an “Upgrade Kit Crate” I beleive gives a great amount of flexibility and would be welcomed by many players.

Balance:
To ensure it keeps the events challenging and enjoyable, possible ways players could win the Upgrade Kit Crate could be:

- An option of the “Challengers Chest” after completing 7 Daily Challenges
- As a “Grand Prize” during other events, allowing players to choose current or past Upgrade Kits in the Crate
- As a “Todays Special” during events

Emberguard

Legend
+1

This would work great as we get more and more different buildings for the same event. Would love to see something like Winter Event Crate (20XX) containing a kit for each of the past years for anything they don't intend to re-visit anytime soon

DeletedUser99588

+1. As long as they aren't too easy to come by otherwise it could degrade the events. I think the challengers chest with same % chance as SoK would be good and then only available during winter event or the event they were original from if it is a yearly regular. I suppose they could offer them as fragments but not everyone is a fan of them.

Emberguard

Legend
As long as they aren't too easy to come by otherwise it could degrade the events.
If it's themed to a particular event it doesn't have to contain an absolute library of everything before it. As long as it is marked or named in some way to differentiate between future yeared crates it could have a different selection of past event buildings each year

Agent327

Overlord

They are event buildings you are supposed to collect during an event, not the whole year around. The buildings are supposed to be special and the events are easy enough to get them even when you have little time.

Besides that, upgrades are sometimes offered for diamonds. Not very likely Inno will change that.

DeletedUser110285

+1
Currently we get buildings from past events like: Maharaja's Palace & Zen Garden.
It is logical to be able to upgrade other event buildings as well.

DeletedUser111593

-1 They are event buildings you are supposed to collect during an event, not the whole year around. The buildings are supposed to be special and the events are easy enough to get them even when you have little time.

-1 as much as I would like them this would massively devalue the events to the point where it would be pointless completing them as you know you can get the upgrades later

If the Upgrade Kit Crate is won as part of an event, I don’t think it would devalue them and wouldn’t be available all year!? If they were part of the challengers chest, with only a small percentage to win, available only after completing 7 challenges, it could increase players engaging in daily challenges and therefor FoE.

Having an option for current & previous event upgrades as part of an event, allows players a choice, people have real life’s and even active players don’t always have the time to finish all tasks of every event. They may have to work harder to complete the current event, or spend some diamonds, however it gives them a choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111497

Sounds like a good idea to me, another one would be to give expansions as prizes, even expansion fragments that you could collect would be useful

DeletedUser108359

-1 as much as I would like them this would massively devalue the events to the point where it would be pointless completing them as you know you can get the upgrades later

Possibly a good point , but when would we get these upgrades, there are many buildings from a few years back that we were told would be upgrade able at a later stage. Yet there don't seem to be many forthcoming.
In the events recently it has been made possible to get at least 1 event main building fairly easily. But older events weren't run like that and you often had to spend diamonds to get even 1 full building.

If the crates held upgrades for buildings from previous years then i don't think it would devalue the event that would be running at the time, especially if it wasn't made too easy to get them. you would have to work for them, but the requirements also should be reasonable and you would know that if you didn't bother with the present event you would have to wait at least a year to maybe win an upgrade.

Id say +1 for this.

DeletedUser96901

+1

but should be limited in how much you can get (not DC)

and time delayed
only contains upgrades that are older than 6 month

so that you can't collect them for future events to get those buildings easier to max level

DeletedUser108359

+1

but should be limited in how much you can get (not DC)

and time delayed
only contains upgrades that are older than 6 month

so that you can't collect them for future events to get those buildings easier to max level

Agree 100%, perhaps it could be as he suggested a "grand prize" or 1 of the daily prizes in the event.
Im sure this would attract a lot more interest in events as well.

DeletedUser

I like the idea ‘cause usually I can realize one event building with a bit of good fortune and sometimes almost a second but just not entirely.
I often miss one or a few levels in that one *OuCh*

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I think it should be implemented especially considering that the Sets from previous events have there own chests and so we could for example now in 2019th get upgrade chest for last years buildings.... but also the curuntly ratio in these set chests could be slightly more in favour of actually getting a peace of a set ...

DeletedUser116052

If this "Any Event Building Selection Kit" could be e.g. as League Prize in addition/instead of e.g. On Up Kit (f there is a League in Event) - there wouldn't be too many of them but still one could slowly level up earlier Event Buildings.