• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

MenthoL

Private
Hello, I have just joined the forum in order to provide some feedback and I hope my voice can be heard too.

I am currently playing on Cirgard and I'm in Oceanic Future. I like to be as competitive as possible and do use many of the features the game is presenting including reccuring quests. I have a level 92 CF and use most of it when I do my city collection.

I have observed a significant delay in doing my collection which can take up to an hour. I could of course do it fast and don't bother with quests but I instead receive rewards for my time spent, which means the system is balanced - but it doesn't have to be so exhausting. The game should be fun, easy to play but also challenging if you want to master it.

Now, the tradesman are the most affected by this, which is unfair since from my understanding the fighters who do many recc. quests are the ones that profit. If I have to be unbiased I would at least propose this change to be revoked and then implement a solution that punishes those who deserve it.

A very clever solution would be an implementation of cheating prevention such as heatmaps, blocking of third-party apps or a better approach - making so that cheating is not profitable/worth it in the first place. As an off topic example: I play both CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) and Valorant. In CSGO you can find cheaters very easily but in Valorant it is not worth it because you can get banned for using those cheats in seconds after you are discovered.

Also, I would like to add that the zoom and automatic camera focus for the production buildings is also not helpful, in fact more stressful since you have to readjust the camera just to get back to Square 1. I have 54 production buildings in total and the camera goes wild.

In conclusion:
- Sort the cause out and you won't have any side effects.
- Keep the game fun!
- You don't have to work harder/longer for the same thing.
- Let the user be in control of the camera.

Please do consider my thoughts and I kindly thank you for reading!

Last edited:

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Hello, I have just joined the forum in order to provide some feedback and I hope my voice can be heard too.

I am currently playing on Cirgard and I'm in Oceanic Future. I like to be as competitive as possible and do use many of the features the game is presenting including reccuring quests. I have a level 92 CF and use most of it when I do my city collection.

I have observed a significant delay in doing my collection which can take up to an hour. I could of course do it fast and don't bother with quests but I instead receive rewards for my time spent, which means the system is balanced - but it doesn't have to be so exhausting. The game should be fun, easy to play but also challenging if you want to master it.

Now, the tradesman are the most affected by this, which is unfair since from my understanding the fighters who do many recc. quests are the ones that profit. If I have to be unbiased I would at least propose this change to be revoked and then implement a solution that punishes those who deserve it.

A very clever solution would be an implementation of cheating prevention such as heatmaps, blocking of third-party apps or a better approach - making so that cheating is not profitable/worth it in the first place. As an off topic example: I play both CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) and Valorant. In CSGO you can find cheaters very easily but in Valorant it is not worth it because you can get banned for using those cheats in seconds after you are discovered.

Also, I would like to add that the zoom and automatic camera focus for the production buildings is also not helpful, in fact more stressful since you have to readjust the camera just to get back to Square 1. I have 54 production buildings in total and the camera goes wild.

In conclusion:
- Sort the cause out and you won't have any side effects.
- Keep the game fun!
- You don't have to work harder/longer for the same thing.
- Let the user be in control of the camera.

Please do consider my thoughts and I kindly thank you for reading!
Hello @MenthoL and welcome to our forum,

First of all, thank you for your feedback.
Can you describe more what problem with delayed collections do you have?
Regarding the SAAB RQs, fighters don't get any benefit from SAAB fighting RQ, except PvP and ranking points (they abort the quest after finishing the battle, withoug completing it), so I don't really get the point that fighting SAAB RQ.
We have forwarded some suggestions for anti-exploit measures, just be patient :)
Also, there is one major difference between FoE, CS:GO and Valorant. FoE is a browser game, which brings many differencies compared to, for example, CS:GO which has implemented VAC system plus Overwatch system (experienced players watching reported demos and handling cheaters).
As FoE is a browser game, some problems just have to be approached a bit more differently.
Long story short, Inno is working hard to give all the players equal experience in FoE, some problems happen, but they get fixed sooner or later. Thank you again for your feedback and enjoy the game :)

MenthoL

Private
Hello @MenthoL and welcome to our forum,

First of all, thank you for your feedback.
Can you describe more what problem with delayed collections do you have?
Regarding the SAAB RQs, fighters don't get any benefit from SAAB fighting RQ, except PvP and ranking points (they abort the quest after finishing the battle, withoug completing it), so I don't really get the point that fighting SAAB RQ.
We have forwarded some suggestions for anti-exploit measures, just be patient :)
Also, there is one major difference between FoE, CS:GO and Valorant. FoE is a browser game, which brings many differencies compared to, for example, CS:GO which has implemented VAC system plus Overwatch system (experienced players watching reported demos and handling cheaters).
As FoE is a browser game, some problems just have to be approached a bit more differently.
Long story short, Inno is working hard to give all the players equal experience in FoE, some problems happen, but they get fixed sooner or later. Thank you again for your feedback and enjoy the game :)

Hi @DarkUros222!

Thanks for patiently reading my comment and also thanks for the reply. :)
The so called "problem" is that the delay implemented is pretty noticeable and by doing so many quests when collecting (Collect Coins/Supplies, Finnish 24Hrs productions, Buy 5 FPs, Unbirthday party and Spend some FPs), I am completing and aborting some dozens of quests.

The downside is that it takes extra time to do all of that every day. I cannot calculate exactly by how much but I guess maybe 10 minutes or so. It is a shame since I was enjoying doing it the fast way and my PC and monitor can handle that easily. I can see it more as a feature loss.

It is for sure not as game breaking as some other users are reporting but in an essence, a downgrade. :(

Thanks for listening and see you around. Take care! :D

Cuthwolf

Captain
I don't see a delay as long as 2 seconds. I have been watching a player I suspect of using a macro: before the change he could do 8k fights a day, now he is down to a max of 5k.

Emberguard

Legend
Before the "unintended" delay it took maybe half a second to abort a quest. Now it's 2 seconds. So about 4x as long.
That's 24 sec to abort 12 SAAB quests, which took maybe 6 sec before the delay.
Also keep in mind some users internet speeds will be slower then others. So what’s “this is fine” for one user could be excruciatingly slow for another for even a single abort if a delay is added on top of lag.

Even just changing from wireless internet to a ethernet connection has increased the speed enough for my game that the abort button is almost the same speed it was prior to a delay being added. But I can tell the system is still delaying it due to the different visual behaviour and comparing to Beta where there currently isn’t a delay at all

vfrmark

Master Corporal
Why would I delete that? It shows you are wrong

Now stuggling to find the post saying it was not a bug, maybe that post was deleted? does anyone have a copy of that or was it posted on another thread?

But theres enough posts to confirm the delay was intentional and related to the exploiting of RQ (note this is not cheating, merely exploiting a weakness in the way FOE works)

Lady Mariena is still the CM I think, shes normally very helpful and honest with her comments

Scroll b[ars have been reported . Townhall crashing has been reported. Yes, the delay in recurring quests is intended. I'm well aware that is not popular so please keep providing feedback as it will all be forwarded.

and Darkuros also is suggesting the delay was done on purpose
It might also be that this delay was introduced because of one quest: UBQ.
It was always, one of the most powerful quests in this game, people skyrocketed their CF just so they can benefit more from UBQ in less time.
Regarding the SAAB RQ that involves fighting, Support team is actively looking into the problem, perfect solution might not come as fast as we expect, but it will come, I'm pretty sure of that, and waiting patiently :)

and from the CM in beta when offically closing the bug report (not allowed to post the link to beta but if you check in the BUG reporting section on closed bugs you will find it) CM states:
"This is is not a bug.
This delay has been added to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline."

So across two forums both CM's confirm the delay was intentional AND it was intended to stop exploitation of the RQ issue so lets all agree INNO did this intentionally to stop eploitation of the RQ's

Princess.b

Private
the exact number if milliseconds is less important to me, what is important that it takes me nearly 30seconds to cycle to where i want to be.
adding this arbitrary and blanket impediment to the cycling is just a lazy solution that doesnt address any meaningful issue.
cheaters and autoclickers will simply adjust their settings and still "milk" the system. and "normal" users will pull their hair.

an example of less lazy solutions could be:
1. increase attrition for each iteration in a set period of time(24h, 1 week, 1 month, etc) so that its not infinitely exploitable.
2. introduce an arbitrary set limit for the number of times those quests can be completed (and/or aborted), and remove said quests after a period of time.

so simple that even a halfwit like myself can think of it... why cant Inno ?

i can see that in version 1.200 they are taking away the autozoom - happy days. very happy about that.
but why would anyone think it was a good idea to begin with ??
this game is already so "clicky" - any additional clicking (zoomout in this case) is completely counter productive

Knight of ICE

Now stuggling to find the post saying it was not a bug, maybe that post was deleted? does anyone have a copy of that or was it posted on another thread?

No post was deleted. No mod ever made that kind of statement. That the delay was intended was a statement made by the Beta CM.

Later announcement shows it was a bug after all. They tried to do something about the exploiting, but in a different way.

My point merely was that it wasn't a mod that came up with the original statement. Mods never do. They do not have that kind of info.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Because then there wouldn't be any quests at all once you had used up the story quests for that era.
Although the current situation appears to be that people regard the storyline as something to be rushed through so that they can do the REAL meat of the game, i.e. camping at the end of an era and using their Château Frontenac on repeating quests multiple times per day.

(Maybe the CF bonus should not be applied to repeating quests? Or it should have a limited number of charges per day, like the Library of Alexandria supply bonus? I suspect the reason it doesn't is only that it never occurred to the programmers back when it was being created that anyone would ever be in a position to complete hundreds of quests at a time...)
you are right, the programmers never had any idea about how the arc would develop with the help of 1,9 threads, same as the monster cf has turned out to be for players who just want to manipulate, it,
what gets me is there crying foul play by inno for slowing them down a bit ? instead of seeing there cheating they dont they see it as some kind of right they can camp and collect recurring quests thanks to the cf
if i had my way it would never be possible to do a quest more than one time, they would soon sort out all there cheating ways with the cf but i bet some smart alec will find other ways to cheat, as its one thing players are great at in this game is learning how to cheat of manipulate anything in the game lol

you are right, the programmers never had any idea about how the arc would develop with the help of 1,9 threads, same as the monster cf has turned out to be for players who just want to manipulate, it,
what gets me is there crying foul play by inno for slowing them down a bit ? instead of seeing there cheating they dont they see it as some kind of right they can camp and collect recurring quests thanks to the cf
if i had my way it would never be possible to do a quest more than one time, they would soon sort out all there cheating ways with the cf but i bet some smart alec will find other ways to cheat, as its one thing players are great at in this game is learning how to cheat of manipulate anything in the game lol
Now that you are repeating yourself, I feel like repeating myself too ...
It's not abuse or cheating. Players are just taking advantage of (call it exploiting) the features the game brings us (Arc, RQ, GBG etc). Why shouldn't they? The game brings us the tools, we use the tools the best way we can. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
If we got rid of all the things in the game that can be "exploited", most of the game would be gone.

Last edited:
I started playing this game about 4 years ago. By that time 1.9 threads, RQs and fully developed CFs were well established.
So now after 4 years or even longer, after players have invested time, effort and (sometimes even) money you want to tell them "Ha Ha, thx for you money, come back again" ?. If the way CF works wasn't intended, Inno/devs etc had more than enough time to change it....but changing it after such a long time? You've got to be kidding me. By the way, I don't abuse RQs in any way, but changing an established mechanics after such a long time is just wrong.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
You're right Desy, but I'm also with klods on this. Exploiting Innos mistakes isn't cheating, just making the most of opportunities the gameplay offers. Inno does need to remove the exploitable features, but you can't blame players for using those exploits while they are there.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
You're right Desy, but I'm also with klods on this. Exploiting Innos mistakes isn't cheating, just making the most of opportunities the gameplay offers. Inno does need to remove the exploitable features, but you can't blame players for using those exploits while they are there.
That's why players are the best testers for this game. If there is some exploit that can be used to progress significantly faster, it should be nerfed.
I will give League of Legends as an short example, once champion's winrate goes too high after a buff, devs know it's time for a nerf. Same here, if a feature feels just too "strong", something needs to be done about it.
Removal of an OP feature is too harsh way to deal with it, tho sometimes, in extreme cases, if it's the lst posssible way to deal with it, then it might need to be removed.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
if FOE wants to prevent players using quest bots like auto clickers, why not try mixing the order of loop quests?
can see all loop quests are in a fixed order. about 8 or 10 kinds of loop quests.
what i'm saying is that if foe mixes this order by random, the bots will not be able to tell apart which is unbirthday quest. And it will be a fair way for players who do RQ fair way-by just clicking by hand

Unklelol

Private
I presume that in order to do these repeat RQ, that involve battles, the player must have the following:
Combat GB's to a high level to create a powerful army
Alcatraz to a high level to supply sufficient troops
Plenty of time to spend doing the RQ a few thousand times
And finally a high level CF to reap the rewards from all your previous and current work
I would not call this cheating or exploiting, but playing the game according to the rules and to the best of your ability.

If it is considered exploitation why don't we look at the Arc exploit.
All you need is a Level 80 Arc then the FP, BP and medals just flow in with little effort. But this isn't an exploit yet. But power levelling and recycling the same FP to do so is ( by the same criteria that using the benefits of a CF is). On the same lines what would the reaction be if INNO decided to place a, say, 1hr delay on FP payback when a GB is levelled. This would have the same effect on the owners of an Arc, ie totally nerf it It would make it fairer as not everyone has a lvl 80 arc or access to one for power levelling

Neither are cheating but playing the game according to the rules. If some players find this unfair then maybe they should put the effort and time in to achieve these goals, rather than complaining that it is unfair

Vesiger

Monarch
I started playing this game about 4 years ago. By that time 1.9 threads, RQs and fully developed CFs were well established.
So now after 4 years or even longer, after players have invested time, effort and (sometimes even) money you want to tell them "Ha Ha, thx for you money, come back again" ?
I seem to remember that we had exactly the same sort of argument put forward as to why Inno couldn't possibly put in any kind of protection from plundering, because it had been part of the game from the beginning, and players had spent years of their time and real money increasing their attack buildings to a high enough level to allow them to plunder everyone in their neighbourhood without any chance of defence or retaliation, and that it would just be punishing the people who really understood how to play the game and pandering to the 'whiners'... And yet after years of these authoritative protests the developers proceeded to bring in a PvP research that had to be unlocked, and a tavern shield, and a Galata Tower, and nothing terrible happened. Diamond revenues didn't nosedive. Players didn't rage-quit en masse.

Why would they pay any more attention this time?

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I seem to remember that we had exactly the same sort of argument put forward as to why Inno couldn't possibly put in any kind of protection from plundering, because it had been part of the game from the beginning, and players had spent years of their time and real money increasing their attack buildings to a high enough level to allow them to plunder everyone in their neighbourhood without any chance of defence or retaliation, and that it would just be punishing the people who really understood how to play the game and pandering to the 'whiners'... And yet after years of these authoritative protests the developers proceeded to bring in a PvP research that had to be unlocked, and a tavern shield, and a Galata Tower, and nothing terrible happened. Diamond revenues didn't nosedive. Players didn't rage-quit en masse.

Why would they pay any more attention this time?
i remember all the protests when inno brought in gvg and cut the attack gbs from 5% per level to 3 % per level, gbs were maxed out at level 10 there was no way you could go higher, and it caused huge out rage as the hoods were getting impossible to beat, so defences won the day back then, i quit the game as it forced players to play gvg and all the mass cheating for points started, before that time players had to work hard for there points, they had to manual fight to gain points with hard defences, now even that side of the game has been wiped out when the game was really about some brains and skill to fight, now the auto button, 1.9 ark and cf re occuring quests seems to be the way the game is played ? skill ? i dont think so