• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Unklelol

Private
If the whole issue is about some players being able to do thousands of battles and gain points. ( I am not one of them)
Those players have done a few things to be able to do so.
Spent a long time and probably quite a bit of real cash to get their city to a level in which this is possible. The attack and def bonus's must be high. Think of the investment in those GB as well as the investment in their CF.
Then on a daily basis they must spend a large amount of time actually doing the combats and cycling through the quests.
So Inno then listens to the players who are too lazy to do this.
If using features of the game is cheating and exploiting the system.
Then The Arc is another exploit that is abused. Those with Level 80 + Arcs have a free supply and unlimited of medals and BP. Surely this is unfair on those that haven't bothered to get their Arc up. Using the power of the Arc to snipe other players BGs to their disadvantage should be stopped as well

Knight of ICE

Since the "update" has been reversed on beta, I can only test and report on the consequences on live, where we were not properly informed. That is my complaint.

No your complaint was

I'm fed up with being an active beta tester and being kept in the dark, being given half truths etc. I just want to help make the game better and I feel very frustrated at the way the testers are being treated. Inno didn't even announce this "feature" for us to test. It's very discouraging.

Active beta testers are on beta. Testing in done on beta, not here, so if you think that as a tester you need to be informed about a "feature", you should address that on beta.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
You're like a dog with a bone, lol.

The claim by Inno that the delay was an unintended consequence of applying a limit to quest aborts is a lie.

We still have the delay on live, and there appears to be no limit on the number of quest aborts.

Tell us the truth mods.

Here is my original complaint - ON LIVE! and it's in a thread about this update - ON LIVE!

The quote you carefully selected was subsequent to the usual nit-picking about it, explaining why I am feeling belligerent about this issue. I won't bother to answer any more of your messages about this. Clearly by the number of likes I'm receiving here, and on beta, others think like me, so I am satisfied that I have had my say.

The end.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

The quote you carefully selected

I did not select anything carefully. Just telling you that for that part you need to be on beta. If you do or don't is not my concern, but complaints here about beta will be ignored.

At least by this failed attempt to change recurring quests one important question was raised as well as the awareness of the community of exploits done by players using bots. So that question is - why are there no sanctions, as detecting those breaches should be very possible? It is something any reasonable player wonders.

One example of detection is using a heat map of clicks and see which spots are clicked over and over again - it is not possible that a human being keeps hitting the very same pixel on the abort button each and every time regardless of how much they try. If they even would try for any weird reason. That is a dead giveaway.

Game abuse is just terrible and makes the game suck for everyone! So please take care of cheaters and let others enjoy the game they love so much.

it is not possible that a human being keeps hitting the very same pixel on the abort button
The quest abort button changes position. It's not at the same spot for all quests. That may be on purpose to make it a little harder to code macros.
But yes, auto click cheaters should be rather easy to detect. And Inno should give them a permanent ban.

Last edited:
The quest abort button changes position. It's not at he same spot for all quests. That may be on purpose to make it a little harder code macros.
But yes, auto click cheaters should be rather easy to detect. And Inno should give them a permanent ban.
I know the button changes position. You did not understand what I meant. But for each quest, button of that quest is clicked on the same spot.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
The game was lagging and running really slow for me and others yesterday, I was wondering if it was due to all the new people exploiting since Inno was asking us to exploit with this "Intended but not actually intended" change, need to get that next update out to stop more people joining the bandwagon :p

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Looking forward to the possibility that whatever value is coded to create the delay, that it will double each and every time someone/anyone continues to complain about it.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
why dont inno just stop having recurring quests ? just make all quests a one time deal, and get rid of the arc and all these silly 1.9 threads, as players now expect 1.9 payments or they scream there being snipped,
it seems to me the only players moaning are those who learn how to abuse the systems, so its good there crying well done inno and stand by your guns, i really detest players whos only skill is to cheat and manipulate

why dont inno just stop having recurring quests ? just make all quests a one time deal, and get rid of the arc and all these silly 1.9 threads, as players now expect 1.9 payments or they scream there being snipped,
it seems to me the only players moaning are those who learn how to abuse the systems, so its good there crying well done inno and stand by your guns, i really detest players whos only skill is to cheat and manipulate
It's not abuse or cheating. Players are just taking advantage of (call it exploiting) the features the game brings us (Arc, RQ, GBG etc). Why shouldn't they? The game brings us the tools, we use the tools the best way we can. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
If we got rid of all the things in the game that can be "exploited", most of the game would be gone.

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
why dont inno just stop having recurring quests ?
Because then there wouldn't be any quests at all once you had used up the story quests for that era.
Although the current situation appears to be that people regard the storyline as something to be rushed through so that they can do the REAL meat of the game, i.e. camping at the end of an era and using their Château Frontenac on repeating quests multiple times per day.

(Maybe the CF bonus should not be applied to repeating quests? Or it should have a limited number of charges per day, like the Library of Alexandria supply bonus? I suspect the reason it doesn't is only that it never occurred to the programmers back when it was being created that anyone would ever be in a position to complete hundreds of quests at a time...)

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
Wouldn’t that cause a forum outrage because it corrupts the game even more :?