• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Ati2

Legend
I assume that was all that they were ever designed to be - a substitute for the storyline quests if you finished those before you had completed the research for that era. The abort feature was to protect people against getting stuck on a quest their city couldn't do, or that they really didn't want to attempt.

I don't think Inno ever intended the Château Frontenac/recurring quest combination to be a means of generating endless goods by endless clicking, or that players would assert (as I have seen more than one doing on Facebook) that their daily routine involves repeating their preferred quest a thousand times while aborting 12-14 other quests in between, and that making this difficult is destroying necessary gameplay...

This is not new, this has been around for years. Did Inno need so much time to see what's going on in their game? :-o

RQ delay is killing the fun. used to fill several quests when collecting from city, now it just a bore. used to complete RQs when contributing to GBs, now it is just a hassle.
this make me want to quit the game.
Don't worry. It's "not intended"; "a technical issue"; "a byproduct" of "an update that sets a limit on Quest Aborts ". They'll fix it... ehm... "immediately"...
Other - Clarification - Slowdown Experienced During Reoccurring Quests | Forge of Empires Forum

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
RQ delay is killing the fun. used to fill several quests when collecting from city, now it just a bore. used to complete RQs when contributing to GBs, now it is just a hassle.
this make me want to quit the game.
How is this killing the fun at all? All it has done is add a half second from being available upon the quest window popping up. There is no hassle at all - at best, a very minor inconvenience. If this is what it would take for you to quit, then you probably should have quit a long time ago.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
at least its still same on time when i absort quest in mobile
but not by clicking absort, dragging to left to a trash bin

Love how the delay is meant to stop auto clickers. This does nothing to stop them but the legit players that spend time on your game you punish. To stop the auto clickers you should be implementing a heat map of clicks. Auto clickers click the same pixel each time. That way you will see with ease who the cheats are. Please revert the change to stop harming your legit players. All the cheaters have to do is adjust their delay time and they carry on. Yes they dont get as many but it is still way more than what is deemed realistic for any player....

Behelzebhu

Private
Great, so some announcement saying was not intend, on the other hand community manager saying WAS intended to stop the "exploit"
They dont even know what the guy on the next cubicle is doing....., sigh...

Can someone first explain me WHY is now this consider an exploit??
hasnt been for years, and requires planning and a lot of time to level a very expensive gb in high levels, and a lot of time clicking and cycling.
Is a game strategy and mechanic,

im not referencing the fight ones in Saab tough

SInce there are app and browser players, the playing field is not EVEN
app users cannot do gvg, which will mean they have no chance at ranking higher, and im sure the only reason for this is to stop some players to go too high in rank, but still wont be giving a level playing field between platforms

Last edited:
Love how the delay is meant to stop auto clickers. This does nothing to stop them but the legit players that spend time on your game you punish. To stop the auto clickers you should be implementing a heat map of clicks. Auto clickers click the same pixel each time. That way you will see with ease who the cheats are. Please revert the change to stop harming your legit players. All the cheaters have to do is adjust their delay time and they carry on. Yes they dont get as many but it is still way more than what is deemed realistic for any player....
You're not up to date. The delay is "not intended", they claim. And they're working on fixing it "immediately" (3 days now!).
Other - Clarification - Slowdown Experienced During Reoccurring Quests | Forge of Empires Forum

Behelzebhu

Private
Limit on quest aborts?
what is said limit? no number provided

And again, WHY?

How this is fair, after i spent 120,000 fps to level a CF to 100 and a lot of time setting up city, just to be able to do 15-20 minutes a day of recurrents in order to avoid having huge goods buildings in my city?
takes a couple years to setup a city for it, how is that an exploit?

As suggested several times already, a better fix than quest limits or delays would be to remove or adjust the exploitable quests.
Though, if you remove every exploitable feature in this game, most of the game would be gone.

Andrew420

Major
Yeah Just read up and saw this.... Its still annoying. Immediately is taking its time.
They just fixed it on beta
Next update it should be fixed
Limit on quest aborts?
what is said limit? no number provided
They wont tell
Us players are going to have to figure it out

how is that an exploit?
I would explain it to you but you seem to be obsessed with the negative definition of exploit
Not going to go back and forth about what an exploit is so figure it out for yourself

Behelzebhu

Private
Which are these exploitable quests tough??

If someone wants to spend 8hr a day clicking and cycling to get the ubq and "remain sane", fair play to them.
If someone want to spend 8hr a day doing a lot of the fights and abort, gaining nothing extra but millions of "HOLLOW rank points", just to be ranked #1 in certain world: fair play to them

As i wrote earlier, is not even an even playing field between platforms for rank points, so why people obsess over rank is besides me, but again: their game.

However introducing a "fix", that destroy my complete city setup done over almost 3 years (and i dont even spend long cycling quests) i dont find correct or fair for anyone

Behelzebhu

Private
Limit the aborts is even worse, now is about punish players that can spend more time playing, and those that developed a strategy

Player that is online 10 minutes, cannot expect to compete with someone that is 4 hrs online.
Player online 4hr, cannot expect to compete with the one that does 8hrs.
Player online 4hr can compete with 8hr if develops a much better game strategy.

This is true for EVERY GAME that exists: more time = higher level; better strategy = higher level.

BE CAREFUL: the only thing that DIAMONDS do in this game, is save up TIME, accelerating the city development, everything is obtainable without diamonds in the long time run.

DO something that forces players to go offline by blocking their gameplay, whats the point of using diamonds if they still have to wait for next day now.

Have you consider a "time off" as better option?
Like after 1 hr of cycling quests have a 5min block?
this sounds even healthy for those doing endless hours: go blink your eyes a few minutes and stretch the fingers before starting over, :D