• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.99 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

PomPoms

Sergeant
Wow Inno, that was sneaky to not announce in the update such a hinderence to the flow of gameplay. Yes, I refer to the time delay now implemented on RQs. However, since it cannot be called an improvement even in the loosest definition, I guess there was nowhere to slip that bit of information in huh? I don’t know if other games try to lessen playability in their games, but I would hazard a guess of ‘no’. Seriously, there are a bunch of better solutions further up. I personally like the ‘take out a few of the abusable quests’ one. Not the rubbish that you have come up with as a ‘fix’ for cheaters. Cheaters will still cheat while the rest of the honest players are now frustrated by yet another decline in your game. C’mon Inno, you used to be better than this!

Sureshot

Private
I've always been fanatical about doing the recurring quests and play on a couple of worlds. However, today for the first time, I got fed up with doing the recurring quests because of the 'abort' delay. It's not going to stop hackers/cheaters but it definitely has reduced my interest in the game. And jusdging by the feedback here, I'm far from alone

Sureshot

Private
I would put it at no more than a half second, just a smidge of a delay, enough to make you notice, and wonder why the game is so slow in responding to your command. Its truly bad design if done intentionally, as it makes you think the program is badly written. Certainly if there had been this much delay in response when I started playing two years ago, I would have dropped the game.

I agree whole-heartedly with this. My first thought was 'What's wrong with the game?' I even posted in the guild thread asking if anyone else has had similar issues. People who don't do RQ's won't care but for those who did enjoy doing them, it;s a game breaker. Kind of renders having a chateau an exercise in futility....

Sureshot

Private
In reading other posts, it seems that this was implemented because of players abusing a RQ that appears in the SAAB age. So woildn't it make more sense to delete or modify just that RQ rather than a global change that affects every player regardless of which age they are playing in?

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
In reading other posts, it seems that this was implemented because of players abusing a RQ that appears in the SAAB age. So woildn't it make more sense to delete or modify just that RQ rather than a global change that affects every player regardless of which age they are playing in?
That would just make people not do RQ’s in SAAB

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
With the latest Beta update, players have noticed additional delay when aborting Recurring Quests (approx. +1.5 seconds per one). It was at first considered as a bug by players, but then we had an official word from FoE personnel that delay was added to, I quote, "prevent exploiting of the recurring questline".
This also means significant nerf to CF too, as you will be able to do significantly less RQs than before per specific timestamp.
Link to the thread can be found here and link to the official statement can be found here.

That's the links to the beta discussion above. This is another not-ready-for-prime-time update rushed out without thought or listening to ANY player feedback. Why is there even Beta if no one is listening to anyone who actually plays the game? makes me madder than I was to know they tried to warn about it, just like they warned about the PvP arena debacle last September. Plenty of great suggestions were made about removing the abusive SAAB quests, putting a cap on number of times quests can be done per hour/day/week, or putting a time delay only after X number of quests per day have already been done (go away for a while if you don't want to be waterboarded... lol) -- i.e. somebody please tell us how many per day is considered abusive? 20? 50? 100? 500?

All these suggestions could have been done to target the abusers (in SAAB using it for free fights) or the crazy bots in any age doing hundreds of repetitions per day, instead of affecting everyone at every level. To even do 10-20 quests per day now is painful.

One of the beta comments was spot on - If developers think there shouldn't be recurring quests in the game, remove the feature, don't make it unplayable with a deliberate delay that makes everyone think their machine or internet is broken. It shows absolute contempt for your players. And if we want to discuss abuses in the game let's talk about what level 100 arcs, 1000% attack boosts, and free attrition in GBG has done for exploitation and taking all challenge and strategy out of the game, to be replaced with click farming. But I digress and I do that when I'm angry.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
I can definitely confirm that the delay in aborting quests still hasn't made an impact on the Android app, most likely iPhone too, as the rest of the patch has been applied, but quests can still be aborted as fast as before.

I am in Oceanic. I usually loop through "gather coins/supplies" and "24-hour production" quests during my collections and the "spend fps" quests when adding to GBs. Looping through the RQ quests has never been fun, but now I am just fed up with it and want to pull out my hair when doing them. Updates are supposed to improve the game, not make it more annoying. Why should all players be punished for some players abusing certain quests in SAAB. Get rid of the fighting quests those players are abusing and let the rest of players play in peace. I consider this update an insult.

I am in Oceanic. I usually loop through "gather coins/supplies" and "24-hour production" quests during my collections and the "spend fps" quests when adding to GBs. Looping through the RQ quests has never been fun, but now I am just fed up with it and want to pull out my hair when doing them. Updates are supposed to improve the game, not make it more annoying. Why should all players be punished for some players abusing certain quests in SAAB. Get rid of the fighting quests those players are abusing and let the rest of players play in peace. I consider this update an insult.
I guess the looping of "gather coins/supplies" quests when you collect and the "spend fps" quests when you contribute to GB's (in combination with high level CF's) can be seen as abusive too. Maybe Inno want to diminish all kinds of exploitative use of the RQ's, not only the fight loops in SAAB.

Princess.b

Private
I guess the looping of "gather coins/supplies" quests when you collect and the "spend fps" quests when you contribute to GB's (in combination with high level CF's) can be seen as abusive too. Maybe Inno want to diminish all kinds of exploitative use of the RQ's, not only the fight loops in SAAB.
how can using the game's features be classed as exploitative or abusive??
if anyone at the Inno-improvement-department thinks so, they should address the nature of of the exploit by limiting the benefits..
this so-called improvement is like putting speed bumps on the highway instead of enforcing the speed limit.

terrible idea, terrible development work, and terrible oversight and decision making on the part of all involved

Last edited:
how is using the game's features can be classed as exploitative or abusive??
Because players are smarter then developers. The game features the developers bring us are not meant to be exploitative or abusive, of course. But players find loopholes and take advantage of (abuse) the way the features are created. Many examples of that, GvG. GBG. RQ, Arc, CF and on and on...