• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.253 Feedback

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hey there everyone. Our next update will deploy this Monday, the 27th of March. Read the changelog here and post any feedback below!

Rhyull

Private
So a while back you could run your mouse over your city and collect everything in one swoop. Now you get a pop up window every 2 seconds telling you how much event buildings are improving your life and you have to stop to click them away, then start wafting the rodent, then stop again to close a window..., about 20 times if you have been busy collecting event buildings.
OK, so if you want to show us these additions, how about making the pop ups easier to close without having to point at the ok button? Or how about an option to not see these info windows? It's nice to get the goodies but I am prepared to take it on trust without needing to see your confirmation ;)

• With the last update we forgot to mention one change. When collecting some buildings, you no longer get a popup for every reward, but a "Multi Reward Window" displaying all rewards. This is especially helpful if you collect multiple buildings at the same time!
Improvement? LOL :lol:
You already got plenty of negative feedback on the pop-ups in the feedback to the last update, but let's just go again now that you mention it.
The pop-ups are terribly annoying. It slows down collecting when we have to close pop-ups all the time. They disrupt the sweeping of multiple buildings.
Make them small, floating pop-us that quickly disappear like the rest of the collection pop-us.
Newly won items are shown in the inventory. Don't also need pop-ups that we have to close to show us what we win.

Last edited:
Pop-ups that we have to close are a general nuisance in the game. Not only these new pop-us from event buildings.
Some of the most annoying reward pop-ups are those that appear when we fight. We race to win GBG/GvG sectors but are slowed down by pop-ups that we have to close. :mad:

Last edited:

Forwandert

Major-General
  • With the last update we forgot to mention one change. When collecting some buildings, you no longer get a popup for every reward, but a "Multi Reward Window" displaying all rewards. This is especially helpful if you collect multiple buildings at the same time!
You already got plenty of negative feedback on the pop-ups in the feedback to the last update, but let's just go again now that you mention it.
The pop-ups are terribly annoying. It slows down collecting when we have to close pop-ups all the time. They disrupt the sweeping of multiple buildings.
Make them small, floating pop-us that quickly disappear like the rest of the collection pop-us.
Newly won items are shown in the inventory. Don't also need a pop-up we have to close to show us what we win.

It just shows how much attention they gave to the feedback given for the last 10 days (if they even recieved it) to word the update like that. Literally mocking the feedback.

Oh, and by the way, although it's a bit off topic, that silly bounty chest from the Deadman's Boathouse that gets stored in the inventory. First you have to close an unneeded pop-up and then you have to go to inventory and open the chest to get the rewards. So stupid. So many unneeded clicks and detours in the game.

Forwandert

Major-General
Oh, and by the way, although it's a bit off topic, that silly bounty chest from the Deadman's Boathouse that gets stored in the inventory. First you have to close an unneeded pop-up and then you have to go to inventory and open the chest to get the rewards. So stupid. So many unneeded clicks and detours in the game.

That's the only building I've built with a pop up, didnt realise it would do that when I built it, No interest in fragments/pop ups at all, don't care what the rewards end up being.

You can save deadmans rewards up a little and open 12/13 at once. Although I don't need anything from them so never open them anyway, When I get something same size that doesn't do pop ups I'll delete it.

Forwandert

Major-General
I'm a little worried that all main event buildings will have popups from now on - to inform us that we've won a fragment of a diamond or something.

Seems to be the way they've started adding to all event prizes to get the final levels. I think you're right to be worried as it looks like the direction they're going in. Seems to be a huge focus on adding as many clicks as possible and removing anything you can dismiss without clicking.

If they do it's no huge loss I can play without doing the events anyway. My cities established, i'm just shuffling buildings to increase attack by 1% here or there and it's not worth the hassle. Didn't complete a single quest for St Patrick's. Doesn't seem much point on the new event either.

Newly won items are shown in the inventory. Don't also need pop-ups we have to close to show us what we win.
I know it's a laugh that it is mentioned as if it's an improvement - a real disconnect from the players. It's very familiar to what is going on in the real world with government leaders' decisions and the people they are representing.

Monty Widget

Private
I thought the pop-ups were going to be somehow condensed into less pop-ups.
Well, clearly that's not happened!

Why oh why would anyone think clicking on every pop-up is a good idea....
....Unless of course you're harvesting data somehow by making us do all this!!

<removes foil hat> ;-)