• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.252 Feedback

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Hello everyone! Our next update will deploy shortly. For more information please see our announcement here and post any feedback below! Happy Forging!

When you collect things from event buildings that give out fragments and such, a pop-up window opens displaying the information about what's been collected. It's quite annoying as it is, but since the update it can't even be closed by clicking outside the pop-up; you have to click the "Close" button instead.

Could this please be fixed, so that new pop-ups could be still closed by simply clicking outside it? or, better yet, lose them altogether?

Forwandert

Major-General
Now I've seen how HUGE it is get rid asap please, there is no reason at all we needed them pop ups highlighting nonsense. I don't even use them buccaneers boxes so why do I even need to know I've collected another with something filling my screen 3/4. It's just pointless. (Didn't know it did that with fragment buildings too saves me building them)

Last edited:
Couple more arguments in favour of scrapping the popups:
  1. With the proliferation of event buildings that give out fragments and other bonuses that go to the inventory, every day when you collect these you have to close more and more of these pop-ups (about 15 for me by now), and this will get more and more tiresome with more and more such event buildings added to the town further on.
  2. The pop-ups are kind of redundant anyway in regards to informativeness, because you already know that you have something new in the inventory when the inventory icon highlights, and the items themselves are highlighted too in the inventory when you open it.

You can also ditch the pop ups that we get when collecting incidents while your at it. They are just as useless and just as annoying and unnecessary.
Incident messages are arguably more informative, but instead of having them as pop-ups I would suggest making them behave like "toast" notifications, same as "User X just polished your building", or "User X just sat at your Tavern".

I'm not sure which update but the on-screen new reward notifications that some of the newer buildings like the tree of vitality display when you click on them need to be clicked on again to get rid of them from your screen.
It would be a vast improvement if these reward notification bill boards would fade from your screen instead of adding to the games click count.

ahmetd

Private
No need for Pop Ups or any notification we can already see on Inventory as new items;

if developers still didnt understand above claims I can only say

we liked pop ups very much please ad more and more to bore us and force us to leave the game.

For example why you dont add a new pop up if we didnt move or click the mouse in 5 seconds in game show a pop up on random coordinates / somewhere on screen. And we try to catch close button.

Last edited:

Pteropodidus

Private
When doing a city collection click-sweep-release it used to be straight forward to finish the sweep and know that I had a full points bar (100+) and then spend those points somewhere before another sweep. With event buildings dropping items that have to be clicked away, it became quite annoying to have to stop the sweep and click and then continue the sweep. It has now become supremely annoying that not only is the sweep interrupted to tell me something I already know, but now I have to move my mouse to a small 'Close' button to dismiss the dialogue. This means I have to spend extra effort to find where I was in the sweep and get my mouse back to that location to continue. Talk about how to make a game suddenly become a chore. No one likes chores. Get rid of the collection notifications. And on the matter of dismissing notifications - any dialogue that has only a single option ('Close' or 'OK' or some such) make it so clicking anywhere on the play area will dismiss it; specifically, the auto-motivate collection results is the next most annoying to me at the moment.

When doing a city collection click-sweep-release it used to be straight forward to finish the sweep and know that I had a full points bar (100+) and then spend those points somewhere before another sweep. With event buildings dropping items that have to be clicked away, it became quite annoying to have to stop the sweep and click and then continue the sweep. It has now become supremely annoying that not only is the sweep interrupted to tell me something I already know, but now I have to move my mouse to a small 'Close' button to dismiss the dialogue. This means I have to spend extra effort to find where I was in the sweep and get my mouse back to that location to continue. Talk about how to make a game suddenly become a chore. No one likes chores. Get rid of the collection notifications. And on the matter of dismissing notifications - any dialogue that has only a single option ('Close' or 'OK' or some such) make it so clicking anywhere on the play area will dismiss it; specifically, the auto-motivate collection results is the next most annoying to me at the moment.
That's exactly the problem with all the pop-ups. You can't sweep multiple buildings when you have to close pop-ups all the time.
It's the same with reward pop-ups during battles. How can we speed battle when we get interrupted by pop-ups we have to close?
Change them to small floating pop ups that quickly fade away and don't disturb the flow of the game. Like all the other collection pop-ups.
New items are already marked in the inventory. Don't need pop-ups also to show us what we win.

Last edited:
I wonder if Inno's staff get some kind of bonus payment or reward for how many clicks they can add to the game. An employee of the month badge or an Inno sweatshirt or something.

Last edited: