• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.217 Feedback

suethegreat

Captain
What would be useful is a notification of castle points available for battles prior to the fight. Only after at the victory stage do you see that castle points were won. Only today noticed you get cp's for fights in Egypt. Still nice to get extra rewards for doing things we would do anyway.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I don't even understand how exclamation point for anything other than collection of the Castle chests made it past design/idea phase. It sort of explains why the updates to the game keep going off in non-sensical directions. This game used to kind of make sense - there'd be bugs sometimes but not outright poor design from the start.

Do we get notifications or flashing lights for anything else every time we score points? No... that would be silly and annoying. But you know, for consistency sake, the GE ship is the only object lurking outside the city that never reminds us we have Expedition encounters and attempts to use. Everything else pesters the hell out of us, but GE just patiently waits for you to forget it's even there. If we need constant flashy reminders of everything we have to do, why's that left out?

But back to the Castle points, if you really wanted people to keep track of where they are earning castle points, show them a ding-dang LOG of what they earned for the day so they could check they did 15 fights/15negos, won 2 auctions and bought 3 things or whatever. Or add it to the town hall notifications. The original game design included nice logging of everything that happened in town and the gvg maps still are all logged, and then someone decided players don't need to know anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
the GE ship is the only object lurking outside the city that never reminds us we have Expedition encounters and attempts to use.
Ah yeah, there's a GE ship. Forgot about that. Never use it. Still use the old GE button on the HUD. But I guess it's nice to have two ways to do the same thing. Happy neither of those two ways to enter GE flashes or pops up with exclamation marks every time we have unfinished business to take care of in GE.

I could easily imagine them adding an exclamation mark to the GE ship when encounters are available or if we haven't picked up all the relics. That would, of course, be terribly stupid and annoying, because maybe we don't want to participate in GE at all, or maybe there is a good reason why we don't pick up all the relics one at a time as they pop up.
Off topic in this feedback thread maybe, but Inno should take a good look at all the exclamation marks, sleeping moons, pop-ups etc in the game and figure out if they are all really needed.

Last edited:

rjs66

Lieutenant
you can have exclamation marks that pop-up over things when it's not necessary, you can have big bouncy arrows etc.. pointing out that there is an event running and which won't go away until you have completed several "click on this & now this" tasks, but...
you can't have collection icons over buildings that actually show up against the background.
why ?

wish they would fix bugs & test things properly rather than mess with things in the UI that don't need to be messed with

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I don't even understand how exclamation point for anything other than collection of the Castle chests made it past design/idea phase. It sort of explains why the updates to the game keep going off in non-sensical directions. This game used to kind of make sense - there'd be bugs sometimes but not outright poor design from the start.

Do we get notifications or flashing lights for anything else every time we score points? No... that would be silly and annoying. But you know, for consistency sake, the GE ship is the only object lurking outside the city that never reminds us we have Expedition encounters and attempts to use. Everything else pesters the hell out of us, but GE just patiently waits for you to forget it's even there. If we need constant flashy reminders of everything we have to do, why's that left out?

But back to the Castle points, if you really wanted people to keep track of where they are earning castle points, show them a ding-dang LOG of what they earned for the day so they could check they did 15 fights/15negos, won 2 auctions and bought 3 things or whatever. Or add it to the town hall notifications. The original game design included nice logging of everything that happened in town and the gvg maps still are all logged, and then someone decided players don't need to know anything.

I'd laugh, so hard, if the next April fools they change every Render for every building and road in the entire game to the Red Exclamation mark in game for a day.

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
Well, if you're focusing on light unit production in particular age then you'll have to scroll over for a looong time after every battle.
No one uses light units in GbG especially for fast battles that’s just silly, they usually choose heavy or long ranged units

realgregski

Private
There already is a filter to seperate heavy/light/fast/artillery/ranged so it is quick and easy to select. If I want rogues, I just select Light and scroll over. No need for any additional filters.
This is a red herring and it doesn't deal with the point I am raising, to wit: the new No Age filter, at best, only benefits players in SAV. Of the most probable reasons that this filter could be of benefit - to select No Age troops like Rogues - a far better implementation would be to incorporate the No Age filter as a Unit Filter not an Age one because it would benefit players in all ages.

realgregski

Private
No one uses light units in GbG especially for fast battles that’s just silly, they usually choose heavy or long ranged units
You are missing the point the poster is making - which is that you have to scroll past the light units to get to the rogues.

Are you suggesting he should be deleting his light units because they are of no use?

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
You are missing the point the poster is making - which is that you have to scroll past the light units to get to the rogues.

Are you suggesting he should be deleting his light units because they are of no use?
Yes i am, light units are not very good for fast fighting in my opinion which is what the other player was talking about and most go to units would be heavy or artillary

realgregski

Private
Yes i am, light units are not very good for fast fighting in my opinion which is what the other player was talking about and most go to units would be heavy or artillary
Let us be clear - the other player was NOT talking about using light units for fast fights, they were talking about the need to scroll past all the light units to get to the rogues and they were pointing that if you have a lot of them, you end up scrolling a lot to rotate your rogues into the next formation.
So you actually delete all your light units ad you get awarded them?