• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.204 - Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Vesiger

Monarch
The biggest problem with the production scroll is still that different production buildings get mixed up in the scroll. We get sleigh builders, terrace farms, magnum opus' and whatnot all mixed up in no sensible order, and maybe we don't want to set the same production times for all of them. It's very easy to make mistakes, for instance setting a 24h production for medals on magnum opus, because it pops up in the scroll between sleigh builders.
I find the whole thing very annoying - but then I actually have own-age production buildings instead of running repeating quests ::p
If I have an event quest and need to do four more five-minute productions, then I want to select my blacksmiths that I built for the event. But as soon as I start a production in one of them, the scroll window pops up and defaults to the most advanced building possible. If I scroll past that to the building I actually want, it then defaults back to the same unwanted building as soon as I click.
Likewise, I deliberately have some event buildings in my current age and some in the previous age so I can get GBG goods for negotiations. But if I'm trying to do a 'complete productions in your current era' quest (a very good innovation, by the way), then the scroll won't let me click on just the buildings that I want - it insists on scrolling through all of them in its own order.

Basically, the whole system appears aimed at the 'collect on time' brigade: the ones who have all their buildings set for the same time, all the time, and set an alarm to swoop in and do one collection a day in case they might get plundered. It doesn't cope well with other patterns of usage, and the trouble is there is no way to switch it off.

I find the whole thing very annoying - but then I actually have own-age production buildings instead of running repeating quests ::p
If I have an event quest and need to do four more five-minute productions, then I want to select my blacksmiths that I built for the event. But as soon as I start a production in one of them, the scroll window pops up and defaults to the most advanced building possible. If I scroll past that to the building I actually want, it then defaults back to the same unwanted building as soon as I click.
Likewise, I deliberately have some event buildings in my current age and some in the previous age so I can get GBG goods for negotiations. But if I'm trying to do a 'complete productions in your current era' quest (a very good innovation, by the way), then the scroll won't let me click on just the buildings that I want - it insists on scrolling through all of them in its own order.

Basically, the whole system appears aimed at the 'collect on time' brigade: the ones who have all their buildings set for the same time, all the time, and set an alarm to swoop in and do one collection a day in case they might get plundered. It doesn't cope well with other patterns of usage, and the trouble is there is no way to switch it off.
Yeah, I just messed up a bit (again) with setting different production times. I wanted 8h productions for Terrace Farms and 12h productions for Sleigh Builders, but I clicked wrong, because they were mixed up in the production scroll. If I hadn't noticed my mistake, I would have set my Sleigh Builders to 8h medals productions.
Really annoying. And certainly not the first time I've made a click-mistake like that.