Hello Queens and Kings,
The update to 1.197 will take place on Monday, Feb 1. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
For the detailed description of the changes, please see the list below:
- Units from Industrial and Postmodern Eras were not showing their correct range of movements. The red tiles are now reflecting the actual movement.
- Previously incidents could occur underneath Oceanic Terminal, we have removed this so this no longer happens (as it was not intended).
- We fixed an issue where collecting Guild Goods from Great Buildings were also counting towards quest requirements.
- In Guild Battlegrounds some provinces had the text "Tag province" cut off in certain languages, this has been fixed so the whole name is shown.
- The full bonuses on buildings for attacking and defending armies were previously cut off when viewing them via tool tip, that has been corrected and the full information is now available to view.
- The main guild conversation could be hidden under specific circumstances, we have corrected this as the main guild conversation should never be able to be hidden.
- Sometimes if internet was slow the cash shop could be opened twice, thus causing issues where it could not be used. This issue has been fixed.
- On unit production there was an overlap between the hourglass icon and time indicated, that has been corrected so no overlap happens anymore.
- There was a rare issue where an unfinished Cultural Settlement minigame could prevent a player from logging in. This issue has been fixed now.
- From now on it's possible to change your username through the game settings
- You can now easily jump from a production building to another by simply clicking in the arrows (left and right). Also, upon clicking on a production option, it will automatically move to the next production building, so you don't need to open every building manually anymore.
- Text message field should be taking the whole window, in 'announcements.' The greyed out button for system messages was removed allowing the full width of text to be displayed.
- In the message center, when a conversation was empty, the notification that you are ignoring a player was not provided until you open the conversation, the notification now appears.
- There were no options previously to re-allow confirmation windows with regards to great building donation, quest abort, and production cancellation prompts. You can now change the settings to re-allow these.
- Dash has been removed in front of remaining time within construction and residential windows to make it more readable.
This is the mobile section of the changelog. These are things that you won't see on the desktop version of the game and only concern the mobile interface or functionality. Keep in mind that the time the mobile update becomes available depends on the stores and can be some days after the release of the browser version. So don't be surprised if you don't see the update on your devices just yet.
- In the message center, it was possible to remove the whole text and save. Now there's a minimum of one word/character to keep in the text.
- When creating a new conversation on the social tab the 'admin' option was displayed. This has been fixed now.
- Outside of beta, players were indicated to go towards PvP Arena feature despite it not being available on live worlds. This has been fixed and no longer occurs.
- We have updated the attack province window with a new paper background.
- Previously, default window confirmation was 'confirm' which was not relevant in every context. This has been corrected to 'ok.'
- Dialogue for arc contribution great building was previously misleading and mentioned chance was involved, dialogue has been changed to remove this misleading information.
- In guild description, line breaks were not working correctly, and this has been fixed so it can function on mobile.
- When trying to pay a large amount of resources to fulfil quest conditions, the full amount was not displayed on screen and fragmented. Full amount is now visible when paying.
- Upon clicking in another player's avatar in the guild admin center, it would not display any context menu. Now it's properly showing the options (visit, open great buildings, message, add as a friends and so on).
If you would like to get yourself informed about our features in development, please visit our Beta, or check the Mobile Beta Test Program .
Your Forge of Empires Team