• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
99.99% of people now are just changing for the hell of it. every week there's a new "imposter" in my guild - and I give up keeping track of the changes in friends or other guilds. In the previous 7 years of play I knew of 3 people total who had used full or part of their real name and asked support to change it, and 2 people who were forced to change by support because their names included a website or inappropriate term. That's not even 1 a year, and now it's every week.

Privacy issues are used as an excuse for poor thought and execution. People post much more security risks on their social media pages, like pictures of their house and family, where they work or go to school, which is personally why I avoid social media, but really - a game name is the big risk? No, I don't buy that.

If players didn't mind everyone seeing JRoberts77 for a year when they decided to use it in the first place, they can live with everyone seeing it for a week or less as a town hall notification that it changed. This is a half-assed implementation and has blown a hole in game integrity because we can't track our friends and enemies while their names keep changing. One of many holes created in the past year, and playability is not being considered.

Exactly, there "should" be a name history, There should be an automatic announcement. The fact that anyone can do it at any time with no warning or update to anything with nothing left as evidence is extremely tiring. I honestly don't even know why I play anymore after the name change update came out.