• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Knight of ICE

People, can we stay on topic here? This is a feedback thread, not a chat.

You are talking about two different buttons.
The zoom button (+/-) next to the game settings at the button left of the screen
and the "sleeping half moon" button on the "buff bar" that zooms to an inactive building
Okay, I thought as much. I tried mass clicking the icon and it does nothing to a single building after that zoom in.

The zoom +/- was useful when I didn't have a scroll mouse or zoom pad (it zooms in and out the same way you would on a mobile). However, I figured everyone else could have used it that needed it.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Yes, there's a tiny zoom button down next to the game settings. But if you're playing with a mouse it's much easier to just use the scroll wheel. :D

Ha, found it! Thanks! :lol:

I'm a little bit amazed that Thunderdome didn't know that the sleeping half moon was a button that zooms in on an inactive building. :D

After playing for 6+ years, I did not know this EITHER, and thought it was merely a status indicator like Thunderdome! :lol:

and to keep Knight of Ice happy....
I love the production jumping, but like others, hate the end zoom.

suethegreat

Captain
Thank you Ice for taking this on board. One day it would be interesting to learn the 'board room' reasoning behind the zoom. After the joy of the quick production scroll it is a jolt to squint and precision point on a tiny icon to kill the pupil burning zoom.
The scroll is also very useful in cultural cities where the un-set production moon icons blend into the builds in Vikings and Egypt so easy to miss one manually.
Feedback on the game generally is the size of key functions like the size of recurring quests and daily challenge amounts and having to zoom (sorry) to see the text when space is available.

Feedback on the game generally is the size of key functions like the size of recurring quests and daily challenge amounts and having to zoom (sorry) to see the text when space is available.
If text size etc is very tiny, it may have something to do with computer/browser settings or screen resolution. If you play the game on a 4k monitor with a 3840x2160 resolution, for instance, everything can become extremely tiny and unreadable.
A little off topic, sorry.

Toni58

Private
I sent this to the wrong place apparently, and was told to post it on here.
I would be interested if other players find this new thing as annoying as me, and what can be done to stop it.

Hello
I for one detest the new zooming and "spinning" feature. The first time it happened I actually fell off of my chair. Is there some way of being able to block it please?
At the moment I have to close my eyes everytime I collect either goods of FP's.
The action of collecting all similar producing buildings and selecting times for them is quite a good feature, but please, please either delete the zooming "spinning" feature, or at the very minimum, give us the option of being able to stop it.
I am sure that I am not the only person to have stability issues, with this.
Kind regards
Toni

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
The first time it happened I actually fell off of my chair. Is there some way of being able to block it please?
The best suggestion I could offer to you on this, is to sit as far back in your chair as possible. Sitting on the edge up front is known to have people fall off the chair, or even have the chair pop out from under you. If you read reports about proper body posture, you will find they all will say to sit fully towards the back of the chair, and do not slouch in it.

Epic Builder x1000

Second Lieutenant
I think, I’m not sure now, but on a laptop/trackpad, use 2 fingers to move up or down to scroll/zoom. It worked on one of my older laptops

Guys, we get everyone hates the zoom.
It's a bit like being on a ship with a rolling desk, being an ex-naval officer I don't hate it at all.
Anyway moving on, this is the best patch overall ever! The game with scrolling feels much more smooth and efficient in my opinion.
It would be better to make optional settings for those who prefer the longer original manual way.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
I sent this to the wrong place apparently, and was told to post it on here.
I would be interested if other players find this new thing as annoying as me, and what can be done to stop it.

Hello
I for one detest the new zooming and "spinning" feature. The first time it happened I actually fell off of my chair. Is there some way of being able to block it please?
At the moment I have to close my eyes everytime I collect either goods of FP's.
The action of collecting all similar producing buildings and selecting times for them is quite a good feature, but please, please either delete the zooming "spinning" feature, or at the very minimum, give us the option of being able to stop it.
I am sure that I am not the only person to have stability issues, with this.
Kind regards
Toni

I understand this completely. I too have a problem with information scrolling across my line of vision.
It physically hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. Why does the information for the next production building
have to scroll across the screen? Why can't it just be there instantly like it is on the ipad?
The zoom in at the end is just annoying.
Apart from that the update is great :)

I also get the same problem when looping through the recurring quests, I have to look away :(

Last edited:

PomPoms

Sergeant
I understand this completely. I too have a problem with information scrolling across my line of vision.
It physically hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. Why does the information for the next production building
have to scroll across the screen? Why can't it just be there instantly like it is on the ipad?
The zoom in at the end is just annoying.
Apart from that the update is great :)

I also get the same problem when looping through the recurring quests, I have to look away :(

Although it does not bother me physically, I still agree that the process on ipad is much more pleasant. Having it just ‘there’ rather than scrolling across is more seamless. If the developers could make it more like the ipad when on PC, that would be perfect. Changing the recurring quests to work the same way would also be nice.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Although phone users don't have zoom problems, the problem with sweep collecting we've already been talking about that came with 1.197 is now becoming more and more frequent and frustrating. Sometimes I cannot collect from absolutely any building using this collection method so I have to tap on each building individually to collect from it.

Deleted member 109369

Although phone users don't have zoom problems, the problem with sweep collecting we've already been talking about that came with 1.197 is now becoming more and more frequent and frustrating. Sometimes I cannot collect from absolutely any building using this collection method so I have to tap on each building individually to collect from it.
Have you tried a full uninstall, shut down then reinstall? We've been finding that has worked for people with this issue

Deleted member 109369

It's a bit like being on a ship with a rolling desk, being an ex-naval officer I don't hate it at all.
Anyway moving on, this is the best patch overall ever! The game with scrolling feels much more smooth and efficient in my opinion.
It would be better to make optional settings for those who prefer the longer original manual way.

I understand, I really do and we've forwarded all of the feedback on it as well as opened a report.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Have you tried a full uninstall, shut down then reinstall? We've been finding that has worked for people with this issue
Already tried it on 2 Android devices I play on, no success. Once I couldn't even collect from my AO until I restarted the game. At first I thought it was internet, but internet was perfectly fine.

Knight of ICE

It is a known bug. They are working on it.