• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
It isn't the same on the app. The app doesn't actually have a zoom the way the browser has. When you want to zoom on the app you use your fingers. The zoom feature is unique to the browser and it does the same thing if, for example, you click on the half moon on your buff bar, it will take you to the building that isn't started yet, and it zooms the way the production feature does. I get that its not something people like and they are looking at it, but it is not technically a bug.
Well, there you go. Finally, someone with some common sense to be able to explain it a bit further. With that being said, it seems like the problem has to do with the full moon icon (wondering how many are out there using it since majority have their cities zoomed all the way out in order to see which buildings need to be started) that I don't use nor didn't know you can do that (again, falls back on not being utilized as I just thought it was a status indicator as with the happiness meter). Perhaps if we suggest that we don't connect to the full moon icon after the last building was started in the production window, it might've alleviate the frustrations that players (including myself) would have and not put forth a negative review.

Could that be suggested? Or, even made happen?

on desktop (not sure about app) upper right, there is an icon to represent inactive buildings (a crescent/sleeping moon). you click on it and it takes you to a building not currently doing anything.
Ah yes more like a new moon. Those who are totally fed up with the zoom can always play the android app on their pc without zoom using a simulator.

PomPoms

Sergeant
Ok Inno if you insist on so many zoom functions please make the button to return to smaller overview a lot bigger! we do not all have 16 year old eyesight or dexterity (computer mode...no idea how mobiles get on) thanks
Wait...what!? There is a button? I have been scrolling the mouse scroll to make it smaller again! Oh, and mobiles are just s pinch motion. (On ipad anyway)

Wait...what!? There is a button? I have been scrolling the mouse scroll to make it smaller again! Oh, and mobiles are just s pinch motion. (On ipad anyway)
Yeah, I was mind-blown as I clicked on it. After all those years of FoE existence and a few years (on and off) of playing, I didn't know such existed. Imagine if said button was to make it zoom out instead of zooming in...

Wishful thinking, eh?

Yes, there's a tiny zoom button down next to the game settings. But if you're playing with a mouse it's much easier to just use the scroll wheel. :D

Yeah, I was mind-blown as I clicked on it. After all those years of FoE existence and a few years (on and off) of playing, I didn't know such existed. Imagine if said button was to make it zoom out instead of zooming in...

Wishful thinking, eh?
I think PomPoms is taking about the zoom button, not the half moon button for inactive buildings.

I think PomPoms is taking about the zoom button, not the half moon button for inactive buildings.
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that one. Heh heh. Hardly used since I have a scroll mouse/zoom pad.

Oh no - you should not have said where the button was. Next there will be amazement from people discovering the full screen mode button!
Erm, show of hands that play the game in full screen. Now, don't be bashful. Actually, my TV is a 55 inch, so full-screen would have been way overkill.

I'm a little amazed that Thunderdome didn't know that the sleeping half moon was a button that zooms in on an inactive building. :D
No, I didn't, lol. After all that time of playing, who woulda known?

Andrew420

Major
Wishful thinking, eh?
Its wishfull thinking that the zoom issue is related to the idle building button
Hopefully its that simple
Funny, that button only goes from one inactive building to the next when I click on it. I will have to try it when there is only one inactive building to see if it will zoom out.
It doesnt zoom back out
"sleeping half moon" button
Its actually resembles a waning crescent moon