• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
I can totally understand the zoom being annoying especially on a mobile with no mouse zoom roller but it will be very sad if all the negative posts get the complete scrolling feature removed.

Sly OwlBeard

Private
I can totally understand the zoom being annoying especially on a mobile with no mouse zoom roller but it will be very sad if all the negative posts get the complete scrolling feature removed.

I use PC and the zoom is stupidly annoying. I can see my whole city at once on my screen but the zoom means I end up looking at a building i have just finished with, not one of the ones that needs my attention, one that i am done with. I honestly can't see a positive reason for this feature to exist.
Plus this is a feedback thread, if everyone is negative about a new feature it should be removed. That's the point of listening to feedback.
It would be very sad if they kept the zoom feature after 99% of people have pointed out how much they dislike it.
And no one is asking for the scrolling feature to be removed, they are asking for the option to disable it, which seems a very reasonable request.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
I love the new feature of being able to set up my buildings so quickly.
It works perfectly on mobile but the browser version hurts my eyes and causes headaches.
The problem is that the production information scrolls quickly across the screen as it moves from
one building to another and then zooms in at the end.
With the mobile version there is an instant jump to the next building so no information quickly scrolling
across the screen and no zoom at the end. Much easier on the eyes.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I use PC and the zoom is stupidly annoying. I can see my whole city at once on my screen but the zoom means I end up looking at a building i have just finished with, not one of the ones that needs my attention, one that i am done with. I honestly can't see a positive reason for this feature to exist.
Plus this is a feedback thread, if everyone is negative about a new feature it should be removed. That's the point of listening to feedback.
It would be very sad if they kept the zoom feature after 99% of people have pointed out how much they dislike it.
And no one is asking for the scrolling feature to be removed, they are asking for the option to disable it, which seems a very reasonable request.
I also hate the zoom but I do like the scrolling function, it suits my style of play.
Maybe that's the problem here: those players who don't like it use their production buildings in a certain way, (possibly not the way most players do). and so the scrolling affects them more.
Maybe the majority of players use their buildings differently and either like the new scrolling or don't care one way or the other?
I personally don't see a problem with an optional enable/disable. but if, say, only 1% of thousands and thousands of players dislike it, would Inno change anything, or add an enable/disable option for the minority?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I can only imagine that the zoom nonsense is because the devs are re-using old code to perform the collect function. It looks very much like the zoom you get when you click on the "idle building" icon. I bet they just re-used the old code instead of writing fresh code. It's just lazy programming and that approach will always lead to problems.

Eventually I guess they might change it (if they can work out how to do it) and then claim they are listening to their users.

I personally don't see a problem with an optional enable/disable. but if, say, only 1% of thousands and thousands of players dislike it, would Inno change anything, or add an enable/disable option for the minority?
As long as they remove the zoom, I'm happy :D
I don't have a lot of production buildings from different eras I want to set different production times for, so that's not really a problem for me. I like the way it quickly scrolls through the production buildings I have, TF's and Sleigh Builders currently + the blacksmiths I tend to put up for events. For me it's a time saver. But I seriously hate the unnecessary zoom.

I can only imagine that the zoom nonsense is because the devs are re-using old code to perform the collect function. It looks very much like the zoom you get when you click on the "idle building" icon. I bet they just re-used the old code instead of writing fresh code. It's just lazy programming and that approach will always lead to problems.

Eventually I guess they might change it (if they can work out how to do it) and then claim they are listening to their users.
Well, while they're at it when the fix this, they should remove the unnecessary zoom from the "idle building" too.

Boorg

Captain
I never said and will never say remove the Production Building Feature! :?:?:?

What I am saying is make available an Enbale / Disable option in Settings to give the player the possibility to choose if he/she wants to use this feature.

In Settings we already have a few Enable / Disable options for other features therefore why not include the Production Building Feature as well. Defiantly not a far-fetched request and will keep everybody happy. :):):):):)

Boorg

Captain
An enable/disable option would be fine. But they still need to improve the "enabled" option then.
A lot of players have asked for something like this for a long time. Now they finally gave it to us. It doesn't work quite as well as it could have, but at least they gave it a shot. Now we're giving our feedback. Hopefully, they will give us an improved version in the near future.

Fingers crossed.

Mennolly

Private
I like the update. Several game friends who used their real name have been able to change it. I don't think we need unlimited changes though so maybe that could be changed to once a year or two. That would keep most honest. I do like the new production setting but I am on tablet. I understand the frustration if you play on PC and it zooms. That would become annoying very quickly. On the whole though a good update

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
I would suggest it would be nice if this production skipper thing applies to military buildings. Military buildings have a certain era(except champion retreat).
So unlike production building, we have no reason to choose which to produce.
It takes a LONG time when i click to train 1 unit and click next building. Especially rogue den. Some players have more than 20 rogue den and if this good & production skipper works on it, it would be nice...NOT including ZOOM

suethegreat

Captain
Surprised there is no annoying ZOOM on mobiles? is this correct? Seems our life is being taken over to be ruled by the smart phone.

Scroll is a great feature for same duration prods. As to use in barracks/dens another surprising request as usually have an army bar rammed with unattached units so never need to create them but then i dont do GvG.

aRena

Private
Reference points 1 & 2 of improvements

• From now on it's possible to change your username through the game settings
  • You can now easily jump from a production building to another by simply clicking in the arrows (left and right). Also, upon clicking on a production option, it will automatically move to the next production building, so you don't need to open every building manually anymore
These were omitted from 1.197 on Beta and are still not present on current version 1.198. Is this correct?

The zoom after finishing the production selections completely messes up my screen on the PC. I wish there was a way to deselect this option.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
How is it possible to get used to something that has taken away any control over our production buildings.

If I am producing different production times I keep them in groups. That is no longer possible now without having to exit the feature every time. Further more if you have different Era’s buildings (and you know that quests requests are sometimes for current Era and/or previous Era) you need to exit the feature to select the building or try scrolling but with scrolling you don’t know which building has been selected, you only know the Era and the building name. There is no way to select a group of buildings, the feature just selects the buildings in its own sequence.

The only way round it is to exit the feature each and every time you set a production thereby you can select the building that you want but that is defiantly not practical especially when you have a large number of production buildings from 2 or 3 Eras.

I don’t agree. The possibility to change your identity (username) every 180 days at will indefinably and this new production feature are more then enough to not make this the best upgrade for a long time.
The best update was for the production not the username.
I understand some people have more problem with the production, I just don't. So far.
Make it better? for sure. Optional or something.

Boorg

Captain
The best update was for the production not the username.

If you do same time productions I agree with you it is a good feature but it is not good for different time productions and / or if you want to select particular buildings.

I understand some people have more problem with the production, I just don't. So far.

If you do Quests you will have problems!

Make it better? for sure. Optional or something.

Agreed, that is what I have been saying.
Let's make it optional please.

Deleted member 109369

It isn't the same on the app. The app doesn't actually have a zoom the way the browser has. When you want to zoom on the app you use your fingers. The zoom feature is unique to the browser and it does the same thing if, for example, you click on the half moon on your buff bar, it will take you to the building that isn't started yet, and it zooms the way the production feature does. I get that its not something people like and they are looking at it, but it is not technically a bug.