• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Boorg

Captain
Sure I do a lot of same length productions because there are many quests that demand them, nothing to do with being a noob.
The scrolling feature is very user friendly which would be very nice if they did it also when aiding guild members or visiting friends tavern.
I have already suggested making the zoom optional, takes a bit of getting used to but I quite like it myself. :)

It may be user friendly for you because you are producing only same length productions and you don’t care which buildings are producing but it is not user friendly for me because I no longer have control over my productions and my production buildings.

Agreed for same length productions and if you do not mind which buildings are producing it’s a helpful feature but if you need different length productions in different Era buildings it is not.

Therefore what would you do when you need to produce two or more different length productions and you want to choose the production buildings?

Example :
You have both Iron Age and Bronze Age production buildings.​
You need to produce 1 hour, 4 hour and 8 hour productions.​
You prefer to produce all the 8 hour productions in the Iron Age buildings.​
You want all the 8 hour productions grouped together in one place.​
You prefer to produce all the 1 hour and 4 hour productions in the Bronze Age buildings.​
You want all the 1 hour productions grouped together in one place.​
You want all the 4 hour productions grouped together in one place.​

How would you achieve that without having to exit the feature, zoom out, select the production building you want for that particular production and repeat the process again and again?

How would you achieve that without having to exit the feature, zoom out, select the production building you want for that particular production and repeat the process again and again?
Simple, you select the time you want for each building as they scroll by.
I'm not sure that I have understood what you expected?
if you don't want a building to be scrolled leave it uncollected and do it manually.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Any chance we can scrap the latest update?

Name change - totally bad idea
Automatic production building selection - hugely annoying, as is the fact that you are zoomed in to max level after setting a build time on a production building every single time. If we have to endure the automatic building selection at least stop the resolution change after every use. or give us the option to turn these 'improvements'(!?!) off.
what utter rubbish, the name change is a great idea, the only people i have heard complain are jumped up guild leaders, as for some reason they think they have 100s of people all wishing to join there guild ? when in truth they would be so lucky to get a full guild, as people dont want to be apart of jumped up guild leaders egos
the new feature where we are able to set all production building by simply scrolling them is by far one of the best time saving features in the game, i am only sad its taken them this long to come out with it

the scrolling issue i think does need to be worked on as i am sure they will

in my eyes its got to be one of the best updates going, i can only hope inno doesnt take any notice of the few control freak guild leaders who moan for england over there loss of power. trust me anything that gets on those types of players nerves is a blessing

well done inno

Boorg

Captain
Simple, you select the time you want for each building as they scroll by.

Yes it is simple when you do not have more then 5 production buildings.
What will you do if you had 50 or more mixed Era production buildings?
How many production buildings do you have in your City / City's?

I'm not sure that I have understood what you expected?

Apologies but if you do not understand a spoon fed simple question then most probably you have no idea what you are talking about.

Once again not practical when you have 10’s of mixed Era production buildings.

Now if you don’t know why you need to have 10’s of mixed Era production buildings then you probably still need to learn many things about the game.

if you don't want a building to be scrolled leave it uncollected and do it manually.

And for every time you do it as you say manually you have to exit the feature, zoom out and select the production building. What if you had to do that for 20, 30 or more production buildings.

Once again this feature is only practical for beginners who only have a few production buildings of the same Era but it is not practical when a player has a large number of mixed Era's production buildings.

An Enable / Disable option should be added for this feature.

And for every time you do it as you say manually you have to exit the feature, zoom out and select the production building. What if you had to do that for 20, 30 or more production buildings.

If you just do each building immediately after collecting one by one, the scrolling will not happen.
Hope this helps. :)

Boorg

Captain
If you just do each building immediately after collecting one by one, the scrolling will not happen.
Hope this helps. :)

Granted but still slows things down drastically when you are doing a large number of productions as normally you collect your productions without having to click on each and every production building.
If you have 20 or more production buildings that means 20 or more clicks just to collect plus another 20 or more clicks to restart the production.

Again not practical for a large number of production buildings.

Forwandert

Major-General
I'm not against the name swap update although I dont think players should have had the ability to immediately take someone else's username when a player changed theres if at all.

This is confusing as anything trying to figure out who is who and names that have been around for years have suddenly swapped to other players.

If you have 20 or more production buildings that means 20 or more clicks just to collect plus another 20 or more clicks to restart the production.

Again not practical for a large number of production buildings.

Not exactly, the scroll feature saves a click on each building it opens.

If you don't like it that's fine, I happen to like it as a great time saver for multiple buildings.

suethegreat

Captain

If you don't like it that's fine, I happen to like it as a great time saver for multiple buildings.

but.........the zoom serves no purpose whatsoever. What is so wrong with returning to the original view once production scroll ends? Who asked for 'now lets zoom to the nearest blacksmith'.... Who really wants singed eyeballs with magnification then squinting to find the oh so tiny - button (minus)
Maybe i am too competitive but trying to set productions to service a 45 x15 min challenge fitting in with recurring quotas and not wishing to waste my Lighthouse bonus by setting a blacksmith and with prods from Iron to LMA the ZOOM is painful.

Now if the purpose of the ZOOM could be explained then ok. Many here do play several cities at once and the zoom must create the odd or many silent screams.

Boorg

Captain
This is confusing as anything trying to figure out who is who and names that have been around for years have suddenly swapped to other players.

Seems like the username change has been requested for a long time.

Although many including myself don’t agree with this it is now possible for a people to change their username every 180 days therefore unfortunately we have to learn to live with that and endure all the reparations.

Boorg

Captain

No that is only correct if you use the feature for all your productions but if like you yourself said,
then by doing each building immediately after collecting one by one you will require more clicks.

If we are going to do each building immediately after collecting we will have,
1 click to collect​
1 click to select the production building​
1 click to select the production​
that equals 3 clicks.

Before this update it required less clicks,
1 click and hover over all the production buildings to collect all productions.
Therefore if you are collecting from 20 buildings its still 1 click for all the 20 buildings, so it does not count towards each and every building.
1 click to select the production building​
1 click to select the production​
therefore that equals 2 clicks and not 3 clicks.

I’m aware that you and other beginners do not understand this therefore why don’t you build 20 blacksmiths along with the production buildings that you already have and then with this new feature try,
To choose the production building​
Produce 4 hour productions in your current Era buildings​
Produce 1 hour productions in the blacksmiths​
and maybe that will help you understand.

Don’t forget that every time you scroll the feature to search for a particular building you are using more clicks.

If you don't like it that's fine, I happen to like it

It has nothing to do with liking the feature or not.
We are discussing if it is practical or not and it is not practical therefore that is why people should have the option to either enable it or disable it.

great time saver for multiple buildings.

I do not consider five production buildings as multiple buildings.
Try having more then 20 buildings of different Era’s and then you can say multiple buildings.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
As it is the automated production building feature is only good if you have a few production buildings or you are producing the same production. It is not good when you are producing several different productions and you want the different productions in groups.

I no longer have control over which buildings are to produce which production and it is driving me nuts.

Please give us the option to disable this feature, thank you.

It takes getting used to , but have to read the name of the building. The decide the production time or jump to next.
It is the best upgrade for a long time, but the zoom is really annoying on desktop.
The username, I get that some people might want to change it, but this way it's a chaos.

Boorg

Captain
It takes getting used to , but have to read the name of the building. The decide the production time or jump to next.

How is it possible to get used to something that has taken away any control over our production buildings.

If I am producing different production times I keep them in groups. That is no longer possible now without having to exit the feature every time. Further more if you have different Era’s buildings (and you know that quests requests are sometimes for current Era and/or previous Era) you need to exit the feature to select the building or try scrolling but with scrolling you don’t know which building has been selected, you only know the Era and the building name. There is no way to select a group of buildings, the feature just selects the buildings in its own sequence.

The only way round it is to exit the feature each and every time you set a production thereby you can select the building that you want but that is defiantly not practical especially when you have a large number of production buildings from 2 or 3 Eras.

It is the best upgrade for a long time

I don’t agree. The possibility to change your identity (username) every 180 days at will indefinably and this new production feature are more then enough to not make this the best upgrade for a long time.

How is it possible to get used to something that has taken away any control over our production buildings.

If I am producing different production times I keep them in groups. That is no longer possible now without having to exit the feature every time. Further more if you have different Era’s buildings (and you know that quests requests are sometimes for current Era and/or previous Era) you need to exit the feature to select the building or try scrolling but with scrolling you don’t know which building has been selected, you only know the Era and the building name. There is no way to select a group of buildings, the feature just selects the buildings in its own sequence.

The only way round it is to exit the feature each and every time you set a production thereby you can select the building that you want but that is defiantly not practical especially when you have a large number of production buildings from 2 or 3 Eras.

Yes, it's obviously a problem that you can't see exactly which production building you're setting the production time for. You can only see that it's one-of-the-20-blacksmiths (or whatever). Which order they appear in seems random.
Then, when you've set all the production times, it makes an unnecessary zoom down to the last building you've set the time for, or, if you exit the feature, it zooms down to one of the buildings you've haven't set a production time for yet. You then have to zoom out again to get a full overview of the city. If you exit the feature to get better control over which buildings you're setting the time for, you may have to zoom out several times if you have a large number of production buildings. Quite troublesome, no doubt.

Boorg

Captain
Yes, it's obviously a problem that you can't see exactly which production building you're setting the production time for. You can only see that it's one-of-the-20-blacksmiths (or whatever). Which order they appear in seems random.
Then, when you've set all the production times, it makes an unnecessary zoom down to the last building you've set the time for, or, if you exit the feature, it zooms down to one of the buildings you've haven't set a production time for yet. You then have to zoom out again to get a full overview of the city. If you exit the feature to get better control over which buildings you're setting the time for, you may have to zoom out several times if you have a large number of production buildings. Quite troublesome, no doubt.

Agreed.

That's the only way I can select which production building I want.
Do you see any other viable solution?

That is why it should have a Enable / Disable option.

Agreed.

That's the only way I can select which production building I want.
Do you see any other viable solution?

That is why it should have a Enable / Disable option.
I don't know what the solution to this problem should be. Some way to select the production buildings in groups maybe.
Dev's have to come up with a solution when they hopefully fix this mess.

Boorg

Captain
I don't know what the solution to this problem should be. Some way to select the production buildings in groups maybe.
Dev's have to come up with a solution when they hopefully fix this mess.

We can’t know what the dev’s have in mind but I strongly believe that an Enable / Disable option should added to “Settings” then everybody can decide if they want to use it or not just the same as the options for the other features.

We can’t know what the dev’s have in mind but I strongly believe that an Enable / Disable option should added to “Settings” then everybody can decide if they want to use it or not just the same as the options for the other features.
An enable/disable option would be fine. But they still need to improve the "enabled" option then.
A lot of players have asked for something like this for a long time. Now they finally gave it to us. It doesn't work quite as well as it could have, but at least they gave it a shot. Now we're giving our feedback. Hopefully, they will give us an improved version in the near future.

Last edited: