• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

pharl

Corporal
Name changing - just spent ages seeing who had left and joined the guild. Couldn't see anything in the logs. Was about to send a ticket in until someone told me a name change thing has happened. Names have changed on my friends list - no idea who they were. Those that have been (and are known to be) a real pain can virtually wipe clean their behaviour.
Resetting and Auto zoom - facility to quickly reload items not bad, but some I have on different timers, so more of a hindrance than a help. Auto zoom - why are you trying to hurt my eyes?
Overall - probably the worst update we've had in a long, long time. It's like it was done based on a) someone not having a clue of the impacts, b) someone thinking these changes were a great idea based on feedback from 10 year olds, or after 15 tequila's. Even my ex-wife starts to look good after that many.

pharl

Corporal
As far as I can tell, Inno tend to approach these changes by coming up with an idea (or selecting ideas from those submitted), developing something, putting it in to beta then going live. Where is the change impact assessment based on end user experience? From what I see, there just isn't any at all.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Inno: When we change InGame username, will the Forum username change automatically to? If not, then it will be a real mess.....

Sunny24

Private
I think you've made a serious blunder with the change username feature. it will open the door to all the internet trolls... people will change the name every 6 months, and we will never be able to tell who is who anymore. This will make monitoring members near impossible, vetting them before allowing them into the guild will also become very difficult. There has to be a tag with the old username.

But actually, this needs to be changed back or severely restricted. The name change can be possible, but maybe once or twice per account lifetime, not every few months. this is preposterous.

Last edited:

DJ of BA

Master Corporal
How are guilds going to know what a prospective member history is if you cannot find out because players can change their name at will, this will lead to miss trust and spoil the game, I know of several players that have ? Bad reputations, every one has already changed their names, any reputation can now be hidden, this is a bad move from INNO, I think any name change has to be visable and previous names must be able to be known. What sounded good at the start has already caused some players problems, this is going to back fire big time.

suethegreat

Captain
I hear that the zoom flaw is not such a big annoyance on mobile. Did Inno stop adjusting the game to computer players? :rolleyes:
wow kudos...hard enough organising city on a BIG laptop screen ...a zoom on mobile?? well as someone above said for 10 year olds... The change does however get one large thumbs up when getting a '50 x 5 minute productions'......yes you read right ...50.....as part of a daily challenge! maybe that happened to appear today to prove a point. Still hating Zoom though!

no help here so have sent a ticket in about guild rankings it was ok before this update,we are several levels higher than guilds around us were we are now and for starters have 16 AA sectors on gvg

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
Personally i would say FOE should eliminate zoom scroll. Or make an optional icon to turn on this new production link thingy and turn off.
Why zoom in? And also theres some specific buildings which their eras are different. For instance if theres a quest finish 50 productions from your age how will i know if my terrace farms eras differ! and i have no idea HOW to find whats my era building.