• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

suethegreat

Captain
also have noticed where there is a mix of production buildings the function does not always batch like with like ie 4 butchers a tailor and blacksmiths it may do 2 butchers then go to a blacksmith so depending on players desires you go the zoom route before getting back to another butcher... This function assumes all players work the same, that all their productions finish the same, all the reset times the same and they dont need to see the city to see what is left to set and how many set to which time. Ok maybe we should embrace the new but by end of the day a few will be screaming at yet another zoom a completely unnecessary and illogical 'feature'.

Gatac

Private
This is about the change to how we now program our buildings for production. It's a great feature EXCEPT for it changing the zoom on the page! What is up with that? Why do they have to change the Zoom???? It is totally rediculous. I'm supposed to change back to the medium zoom 96+ times a day because the program keeps changing it? No. It's totally rediculous. It's enough to make me stop playing honestly, it's super annoying.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
The absolutely (And for some reason free?) Stupid name change is now in effect I see,

But hey at least starting productions in settlements will be faster now. But the zooming is a terrible idea.

./sigh if you gonna do this, why not an aid all button and let us rotate buildings? Obviously Inno has stopped caring about the foundation of the game now

I feel a bit of deja vu here regarding the zoom. A few years back they gave us an extra zoom level (browser game). It used to be 2 zoom levels, now we got 3 levels. All very fine.
The problem, however, was, that it kept resetting the city view to the medium zoom level.
Maybe you preferred to play the game all zoomed in or all zoomed out, but every time you left the city map to do something else, when you returned to the city map, it was reset to the default medium zoom level. Really annoying.
Luckily, they listened to all the complaints and fixed it, so the zoom level now stays where you leave it.
Hopefully, they will also listen to all the complaints that are rolling in right now and fix this new mistaken auto zoom.

Last edited:

Sly OwlBeard

Private
"You can now easily jump from a production building to another by simply clicking in the arrows (left and right). Also, upon clicking on a production option, it will automatically move to the next production building, so you don't need to open every building manually anymore."

Great, can we chose to or not to zoom to the last building please ? This is not so useful to zoom automatically :)

I would also like the ability to opt out of this feature, I play the game fully zoomed out and would actually happily zoom out further, the last thing i want is a jarring zoom into a building after i select a production.

to be clear, i am enjoying the automatically move to the next building feature, but hating the zoom.

Migrant

Private
Any chance we can scrap the latest update?

Name change - totally bad idea
Automatic production building selection - hugely annoying, as is the fact that you are zoomed in to max level after setting a build time on a production building every single time. If we have to endure the automatic building selection at least stop the resolution change after every use. or give us the option to turn these 'improvements'(!?!) off.

Boorg

Captain
As it is the automated production building feature is only good if you have a few production buildings or you are producing the same production. It is not good when you are producing several different productions and you want the different productions in groups.

I no longer have control over which buildings are to produce which production and it is driving me nuts.

Please give us the option to disable this feature, thank you.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Any chance we can scrap the latest update?

Name change - totally bad idea
Automatic production building selection - hugely annoying, as is the fact that you are zoomed in to max level after setting a build time on a production building every single time. If we have to endure the automatic building selection at least stop the resolution change after every use. or give us the option to turn these 'improvements'(!?!) off.

Tbh I'd love this option, let us turn off this terrible update. Toggle buttons for everything, let us see original names before this terrible name change update that makes me want to quit FOE for the rest of my life, and toggle us this production change that seems to only be useful in settlements, in the main city the auto zoom is bad and if you do want to do other productions, it slows you down. Especially with multi-age buildings

Anon2011

Private
Oops now there a problem with Forum page name changes.
Can the player not change it themself , will this not cause problems within the forum system ?

Last edited: