• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
I think among the important change of nickname change was that we can do nickname changes multiple times. Actually i also previously changed my nickname, but i regret changing to this current name as i could have changed to a better and more cool name. And when i contacted supports they said you cannot change again. But i wanted to, and this update seems like an awesome chance for me. And there maybe many players in game who wanted to change nickname

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
changing nickname i think it might be nice idea. i have a problem on a player who bullies me on my server, and its really hard to get off from that situation...but if i change nickname maybe i can be free from that bullying
i agree on emmagirl2's idea on let show their previous name, but if foe let players see their previous name in some sort of inner profile it might be nice. Not showing on the outer profile. So that way if guild leaders get to see rogues trying to rejoin guild they can know who it is and also use advantage of nickname change

Players cant realy bully you anymore.

-place him on ignore - so no messages from him
-build Galata - so he cant plunder you, maybe here and there max
-secure your GBs spots - so he cant snipe you

Atm everyone can change there nickname via Ticket system, ONCE per liftime.

This new nickname change every 180 days is just to much....maybe once per Year would be better.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
i still think its a nice idea. it would be nice if FOE improves this new change. then maybe players change their mind to yes

A nice idea? To ruin the entire concept of the game? Yeah I love it when people quit FOE and never play it again, its so great to see people leaving and not coming back, what a great idea indeed /s.

There is an ignore feature, there is an GB now to protect against plunders, not that plundering good players was ever a thing. You think you changing your name is better then an ignore button? how? If they changed their name you will be attacked and bullied more so. In every way this update makes your position worse.

A name change should only be once and only with extreme circumstances. It should NEVER be something that just happens in this game. This game relies heavily on your name always being the same. This is like if they legalise push accounts/multiple accounts on the same server by the same person. Its like changing a massive concept of the game that's been this way since its inception.

There needs to be more thought put into this, you must still be able to see the previous or first name someone has had on their account publicly or in guild. There is too many trolls who play this game that will revel in destroying guild way of life if this change just goes through willy nilly.

Boorg

Captain
As already quoted above probably the request for username change is high and obviously that would increase the workload of the Support Team drastically but in my honest opinion giving a person an unlimited option to change his username at will is definitely not a viable solution. Twice a year, once a year, once every two years, etc makes no difference as it is still unlimited and at will.

The username is the identity of that person and as such should never be easy to change, on the contrary it should be near to impossible to change a username.

We all had good time to select our preferred username therefore I can never understand why any honest person would agree with having such a feature.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
if FOE let players change nickname in a longer space of time not 180 days, like about 2 years be nice
even people say if they change nickname they cant figure out who he or she is, but think of this-their friends would all know and neighbors and guildies
and they will also know by old contributors of their gbs. So its not completely covering a person's identity

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
I have the update and have looked through the game settings but cannot find where you change username

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Not a good idea to make the process easier or simpler...too many clowns, idiots and malcontents in the Game for that.
There should also be a finite limit to the number of Game Name changes ; 1 change per year maximum, if not 1 change for their entire presence in the Game, so as to avoid petty minds playing their silly little mind-games.
Any Player on my FL who changes name without notifying me will be immediately removed.
i would hate to be in your guild, who the hell do you think you are to decide who can change there names or not ?

I think name change is a reasonable idea, too many players join this game with a stupid nickname using parts of the male body because they think its big, funny and clever. Then they decide that they like the game too much to be know by a stupid nickname, they can now change it. Its not all about plyers changing names just to infiltrate other guilds and mess them up. It doesn't appear to be active yet on the live servers yet anyway, possibly just going to see how it goes on Beta first.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I think name change is a reasonable idea, too many players join this game with a stupid nickname using parts of the male body because they think its big, funny and clever. Then they decide that they like the game too much to be know by a stupid nickname, they can now change it. Its not all about plyers changing names just to infiltrate other guilds and mess them up.
i did the same thing so want to know how i change my name, i contacted support ages ago and was told i can not change it ? so looking forward to changing it

Deleted member 109369

This is really interesting the feedback as it has been one of the most requested things by players. lol Please note this will not take effect though until the global update on Wed I've been just told