• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

The next update arrives Monday, February 1st. Check out the details here and leave your feedback below!

Gobbi

Private
Reference points 1 & 2 of improvements

• From now on it's possible to change your username through the game settings
  • You can now easily jump from a production building to another by simply clicking in the arrows (left and right). Also, upon clicking on a production option, it will automatically move to the next production building, so you don't need to open every building manually anymore
These were omitted from 1.197 on Beta and are still not present on current version 1.198. Is this correct?

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
  • From now on it's possible to change your username through the game settings

Changing your username (InGame name) multiple times, till everyone will lose track who you realy are, is Abusive, exploitative and will kill game experience.

Maybe for top 10-20 players we will know who they was, but for others you just cant know, this is to, abusive for that few top players because they cant hide, but other players can.

Its like you steal something, change your ID card, and you are free. Repeate it when you want.

Will be at least implemented History record in the game, so everyone can check who realy was this players?

Please reconsider this feauture, till its not fully reconsidered, because many guilds builded there members, and with a name change, this will be lost. No one will know who is who.

Last edited:

Andrew420

Major
You can only change your name once every 180 days
So basically 2x a year
Everyone can do it so how is it abuse
Unless you have enemies in game and thats not innos problem

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
So basically 2x a year

People are found to be known rogues in GBG who mess up the plans of 79 other people or more depending on alliances, can't really name them for respective guilds to ignore if they just go nutz, then change their name to hide the fact that it was them.

or GVG issues, trade issues, drama issues (Unless it was changed? When they added in the guild message tab, those people could chat to people who had them on block, and with name changing you won't know you are actually chatting to someone who you blocked for abusive or other reasons)

Like a name in this game is massive, it is huge. Changing it has drastic effects. Why make the process easier? It being possible at all means it can be abused, every 180 days these people then can mess with any guild of their choice.

Boorg

Captain
So basically 2x a year

That is too much and too frequent.
Maybe just only a one time change for the entire duration of that person’s account and the new name should be tagged with the initial account name.

Such as if I “Boorg” change my name to “Green Alien” it would be displayed “Green Alien #Boorg”.
Again if this is going to be allowed it should only be a one time change.

Ev4ma

Captain
What about if you read the person's bio you can see their old username?
I don't like the idea of being able to change your username so easily.
If people were to change their user freely there should be a penalty like maybe 50p. Or a 10k diamond charge.

Last edited:

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
changing nickname i think it might be nice idea. i have a problem on a player who bullies me on my server, and its really hard to get off from that situation...but if i change nickname maybe i can be free from that bullying
i agree on emmagirl2's idea on let show their previous name, but if foe let players see their previous name in some sort of inner profile it might be nice. Not showing on the outer profile. So that way if guild leaders get to see rogues trying to rejoin guild they can know who it is and also use advantage of nickname change

Attachments

• beta.PNG
    beta.PNG
    497.7 KB · Views: 183

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
Just another example of something that Inno hasn't thought through carefully enough. Do they actually vet these ideas at all?
i still think its a nice idea. it would be nice if FOE improves this new change. then maybe players change their mind to yes

Forwandert

Major-General
Just another example of something that Inno hasn't thought through carefully enough. Do they actually vet these ideas at all?

This idea appeared and disappeared about 2 years ago after being released on beta then so there has been time for thought. I think they're trying to find a balance between settings players can change themselves and things that support are currently tied up doing for players. You can change your name now by contacting them so nothings really changing just the way it's done.

Boorg

Captain
You can change your name now by contacting them so nothings really changing just the way it's done.

I’m not so sure about that.
Maybe recently it changed but as far as I know username change was not possible and only those system generated usernames such as “2578910357” could be changed by contacting support.

In fact the Customer Support Knowledge Base states.

How do I change my nickname?
It may be possible to change your name in certain circumstances if you have not had a previous name change. Please contact support to determine if you qualify. Please be advised that the change will be permanent and cannot be changed again. When contacting Support, please supply 3 names in order of preference. Names must be a minimum of 4 characters long and a maximum of 20, and cannot contain special characters such as $ or dashes.