• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update to 1.197 Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
I think name change is a reasonable idea, too many players join this game with a stupid nickname using parts of the male body because they think its big, funny and clever. Then they decide that they like the game too much to be know by a stupid nickname, they can now change it
If you start the game with a "stupid name" that you later regret, then it should be possible to change it ONE TIME. But that's always been an option through support. Two or three times in total would be reasonable maybe, but not every 180 days,

PomPoms

Sergeant
I have also tried support several times to change my name. I started out helping my daughter (who was 7 at the time) with city layout and collecting stuff when she was at school. So, Butterfly was her choice of name. She lost interest and I took over and even though I pleaded with support, they have refused to change the name. It would be good but I think one change over the lifetime of the account, and after that to go back to support for special circumstances only.

Mennolly

Private
Does anyone know how this name change works? I am running the latest version of the game but I can find any place to change username. I have been wanting to change it since I started as it is my real name. Support wouldn,t so this is useful to me. Thanks for any help

Anon2011

Private
Why was it mentioned at all if it only going to take effect with a global update ?
We receive a notification about the next update but no notification about a global update ?
Is a global update not important ?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
This is really interesting the feedback as it has been one of the most requested things by players. lol Please note this will not take effect though until the global update on Wed I've been just told

And you know why? Because trolls want to ruin guilds. Of course they will spam request the ability to easily bully others and so they can abuse the system. This is like saying building rotation is one of the most requested features. Or an Aid all button. So many features have been requested by a lot of people.

People keep thinking so incredibly selfishly here, that's why they are the posts with the least +likes. They only thinking for themselves, to change their name once, not thinking of the bigger picture. As long as you put in a way to tell who changed their name/their previous names (why is it "names" now, since they can change multiple times with no consequences or CS help?)

We've just kicked 3 people from the guild this gbg season cause after countless warnings for being trolls in gbg and rogue's and slowing down our farming for days, now they can just change their name, come back in and do it all over again? Why would this be a good thing?

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Well, experienced players knows where will the name change lead...but if there are interest from others, it will be happen, and only FOE player will see if it was the correct move, not the developers, because they will get no feedback about name change exploitation.

Jungkook-

Lieutenant
And you know why? Because trolls want to ruin guilds. Of course they will spam request the ability to easily bully others and so they can abuse the system. This is like saying building rotation is one of the most requested features. Or an Aid all button. So many features have been requested by a lot of people.

People keep thinking so incredibly selfishly here, that's why they are the posts with the least +likes. They only thinking for themselves, to change their name once, not thinking of the bigger picture. As long as you put in a way to tell who changed their name/their previous names (why is it "names" now, since they can change multiple times with no consequences or CS help?)

We've just kicked 3 people from the guild this gbg season cause after countless warnings for being trolls in gbg and rogue's and slowing down our farming for days, now they can just change their name, come back in and do it all over again? Why would this be a good thing?
hey! dont be so negative, just think of this, There is a particular website that tells you of the player's history and old guild chart. IF they look into it you can catch guild rogue hitters in gbg(however forum mod will not let me post that link, so im not posting)
and a SMALL minority want it in too.

Again, stop being so selfish.
and not only a minority there are many people who want nickname change, like me, i changed my nickname already and dont like my current one, and this is my chance to change it

LouifXII

Private
Change of subject, I've been playing on mobile and since this new update, I can't slide my finger to collect my fp production building. Does anyone else got the same problem? I'm on Android.