• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.153

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

The latest update will be released on Monday, May 27th. Read the details here and please leave your comments below!

Shad23

Emperor
The exclamation mark will now show above the Cultural Settlements ship to also indicate when you don't currently have a settlement running.
tifoe2-562f47c.png
tifoe2-562f47c.png
[/url][/IMG]
they should at least grey it out if they want it there in permanence when there is nothing to do in setelment while in cool down period lol like on image i created above
would be less confusing then turn it red again when timer for cool down is over for setelment and would be more logical would give it a reason for it to exist

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
  • The exclamation mark will now show above the Cultural Settlements ship to also indicate when you don't currently have a settlement running.

Very bad choice. I know I do not have a Settlement running. It is a deliberate choice. Last thing I need is an exclamation mark in my face!!!!

Forwandert

Major-General
Have to agree. Seems a little desperate adding the exclamation mark to remind when some want to forget about it, if anything they should give the option to remove/hide settlements in settings.

Seem to have kept this out of the beta change logs too which is a shame as there would have probably been the same feedback. What's the point of beta changelogs and feedback threads if only certain changes are being reported and others aren't?

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
I hope this bug is fixed that I reported in beta, otherwise this is DOA and slap in face for folks testing in beta and reporting bugs. And please don't tell us it is a feature and not a bug, as nobody wants an exclamation thing on their city when nothing can be done.

Is this the way that Inno is thinking more ppl will use settlements ? Here is a better way, if a settlement is not started, not in cool down period, then randomly add a task in DC to start a settlement, this way if new players don't know about the feature they will be forced to figure it out. Others who don't want to do settlements can skip that DC.

Attachments

• Annotation2 2019-05-21 085345.jpg
    Annotation2 2019-05-21 085345.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

Forwandert

Major-General
Just seen the feedback on your bug thread seems some players are a little less than enthusiastic about the change.

Also being released with that bug and not announced on beta maybe beta should just be closed if things are only being tested on beta when it suits them.

DeletedUser116830

Well, the Multistory House is good news, since I just entered EMA.
However, I certainly won’t like it with the exclamation in my face...

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
But then Multistory houses easily beats anything you could build in that age by miles right? lol. Seems wierd that the Diamond House Tech would be free, yet all early age diamond residential still cost diamonds to place each one of them. I mean its cool and all, and obviously it is because it didn't work, but its been like that for years xD

Really though with the exclamation mark? If people don't want to start settlements, why not just let them not start, lol

Deleted member 109369

will players get their 600 diamonds back ?

No we won't be. It was always an optional tech and from time to time things to change in the game, and players who did unlock it have had the benefit.

Unklelol

Private
When playing a serttlement, the exclamtion poiint is very useful as it tells you that it needs attention.
Having an exclamtion mark over an inctive settlement is confusing, pointless and irritating.
Get rid of it !

DeletedUser12400

will players get their 600 diamonds back ?
We might get an option to buy a new premium early middle age residential building in future.:lol:
No we won't be. It was always an optional tech and from time to time things to change in the game, and players who did unlock it have had the benefit.
Or not for example like me who unlocked only to finish special event questline.:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

Any Empire

Sergeant
OK, the exclamation point above viking ship has got to go.
It now looks the same (red exclamation mark) for cities where 1) You are NOT doing the viking quest; and 2) Cities where you ARE doing it BUT have coins/goods to collect.
Confusing, unnecessary, and annoying.