• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.140

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Deleted member 109369

The update to 1.140 will take place on Mon, November 26. The full list of changes can be found here.

We look forward to your feedback on this update!

Agent327

Overlord
We have made some improvements to the way tabbed windows (such as trade) are loaded in the game. They should now load noticeably faster in both browser versions of the game.

What are both browser versions? I have one version. Are there more?

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Yes, i am actually disappointed. One would expect at least that this situation from previous update would be addressed by now .... and it is not like you need to do hevy quantum mechanics calculating to do so ... but ... on the other hand i have had that feeling that it will go like that ...

DeletedUser4727

Those are platforms, not versions of my browser.
Maybe they used google translate. It struggles with the nuances of languages. ;)

Where's a babel fish when you need it....
Somewhat a case of semantics, here. There are two separate versions of the game in many facets, the sentence isn't really wrong, per say.

They get the standard text from the beta. Nothing to translate. Original text is wrong.
Not quite correct, actually ;) We don't base our overall changelogs on Beta, and all changelogs are indeed translated from their technical descriptions to their lay versions.

I miss the de-blur option.
Really nothing about removing the blur?
Not as of yet, but it is being looked in to.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I am glad it does ... but, considering the uproar of people and how it is actually only the matter of Yes or No . I really don't see the reason that it isn't allready goon.

Agent327

Overlord
This is going to be funny. App store still does not have the blur version yet, so when it gets taken out, in a next version, Apple users are likely to get it and will start complaining :P

DeletedUser99588

Sure. It's definitely an intended feature change, not a bug. The issue as is so often the case with mobile only changes, is we don't really have the setup to live test them, so they sometimes have undesired results.

Thanks for the response. One of the other moderators mentioned the US players had reported it as a bug. Should be easy to remove then if it was intentional should they wish to do so.

This is going to be funny. App store still does not have the blur version yet, so when it gets taken out, in a next version, Apple users are likely to get it and will start complaining :P

They may have put the Apple version on hold after receiving feedback from Android users. Stands back waiting for some pigs to fly.

DeletedUser99588

The blur effect while negotiating GE is absolutely awful. I don't do a great deal with phone app but this is a real detractor and unfortunately with age my eyes no longer adjust focus as quickly as they once did. It would be nice to have some feedback from the developers as to whether they are going to remove it in next update or if it will be removed at all.

Sure. It's definitely an intended feature change, not a bug. The issue as is so often the case with mobile only changes, is we don't really have the setup to live test them, so they sometimes have undesired results.

That really doesn't make much sense for a large/moderate company not to live test their code on mobile devices and emulators.
Even as a small company, we test our products on mobile devices & emulators. It's poor customer consideration for us Not to do the testing!

DeletedUser4727

That really doesn't make much sense for a large/moderate company not to live test their code on mobile devices and emulators.
Even as a small company, we test our products on mobile devices & emulators. It's poor customer consideration for us Not to do the testing!
For clarity, we do test the app that wasn't really my suggestion. What we don't currently do is test the app on the Public beta due to our workflows. We test the app on our internal test markets using HockeyApp, on both mobile devices and emulators, and then submit the app for live release to the stores which is where Beta comes in. The point I was trying to make was more that we don't test new content on the public beta like we do on the browser version, which means we don't get feedback on feature changes such as this which are specific for mobile only.

DeletedUser113470

We test the app on our internal test markets using HockeyApp
Well, it has now been shown that that process doesn't work. Inno shoud fix it.

Usually when you introduce a new feature, some will post here to complain about it, and others will chime in to say they like the change, and accuse the complainers of whining. If you get more defenders than whiners, then it was probably a good change.

I haven't seen a single post defending BLUR. I haven't seen anyone called a whiner because they don't like it. NOT ONCE!
There is a technical term for this sort of outcome in the software industry: "Epic Fail".

So, please, figure out why HockeyApp didn't at least give you a hint that you might need a quick rollback strategy for this change. (Actually, even without HockeyApp, why didn't you have a quick rollback strategy anyway? I thought that was kind of standard practice?)