• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.136

DeletedUser112892

First I must make it clear that I am not against plundering.

That’s your opinion and I respect it but maybe after you have played the game for a longer period of time you will realise that you are very wrong.

If you can’t trade goods one age down you still know nothing about the game. I manage to trade goods several ages down and don’t ask me how I do it, learn the game and you will know how.
If you camp in low age, it is hard. I am camping in HMA and I have huge troubles finding someone who actively trades EMA goods. I have literally no problems with HMA goods as I use RQs and CF to get them.
Don't know which world you are playing, but, here in mine, finding someone who actively trades EMA goods is jackpot.
Yes plundered goods, etc are nice and handy to get but what I am saying is that plundering is not the only or best way.
But it is effective.
jaasyf.png

This is my current goods stock. As you can see, EMA goods go around 200-300 and they keep being in that scale ,thanks to plundering.
Plus, Atlantis Museum helps a lot sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boorg

Captain
If you camp in low age, it is hard. I am camping in HMA and I have huge troubles finding someone who actively trades EMA goods. I have literally no problems with HMA goods as I use RQs and CF to get them.
Don't know which world you are playing, but, here in mine, finding someone who actively trades EMA goods is jackpot.

Wrong again.

I play 14 worlds so you can easily find me, my main world is Greifental. In your world I have an IA farming City and I manage to trade goods several ages up, don't need to trade goods down in this world.

But it is effective.

I find it effective.

Boorg

Captain
That's a length of time not a reason for your statement.
So my question still stands

Meaning some more experience brings me to that conclusion.

Don’t you know that it’s always best to have friends than enemies!

Last edited:

DeletedUser112892

Wrong again.

I play 14 worlds so you can easily find me, my main world is Greifental. In your world I have an IA farming City and I manage to trade goods several ages up, don't need to trade goods down in this world.
I find it effective.
Trading up is a lot easier and much more welcome to players than trading down, because players who accept offers get "more" goods by giving "less" goods. Put these two inside quotation marks because difference in one age doesn't mean almost anything to many players, so they just watch quantity.

Boorg

Captain
This is my current goods stock. As you can see, EMA goods go around 200-300 and they keep being in that scale ,thanks to plundering.
Plus, Atlantis Museum helps a lot sometimes.

If you are in need of higher amounts of EMA goods my suggestion is find some friends that are in EMA.

Trading up is a lot easier and much more welcome to players than trading down, because players who accept offers get "more" goods by giving "less" goods. Put these two inside quotation marks because difference in one age doesn't mean almost anything to many players, so they just watch quantity.

Trading up is not always that easy.

OK they get twice the amount of goods but 1 age up goods also cost twice as much.

Meaning some more experience brings me to that conclusion.

Don’t you know that it’s always best to have friends than enemies!
Yes, I have friends and a guild for aiding and for GBs and the hood for whatever I decide to do.

I sometimes aid them and sometimes plunder them. Also donate to their GBs if it's one I can get something out of. They are free to do the same thing to me.

I will be the first to admit that there are people on here with far more experience than me but you're not the only one who has been playing for several years!!

Agent327

Overlord
Trading up is not always that easy.

OK they get twice the amount of goods but 1 age up goods also cost twice as much.

With all your years of experience, that you use to show you know what you are talking about, you should know it all depends on the situation. With DC and Event quests to gather 240 goods it is much easier to trade down if you have plenty of goods.

That helps you in trading up.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I've always found trading down is easier in my experience, especially during events as there's typically multiple quests demanding players to gain 120-250+ goods.

However, for keeping my previous age goods going strong, I keep all my event & special buildings (ie: Tribals, PoH's, cherry garden set, Black Tower, etc...), keyed to the previous age.
I can always produce more than enough current age goods between GB's & CF boosted quest rewards. But it's also helpful to also keep 35-40+ previous age goods per day coming from all those event buildings too. ;)

From Modern on, I figure to keep at least 4-5 TF's keyed to Progressive, as that would then allow me to produce at least 80-100 previous era goods per day from farms.
Any TF's I win between Iron -> LMA, I can just keep as they are and use them as super cheapo fp producers. :D

Boorg

Captain
but you're not the only one who has been playing for several years!!

Who ever said I’m the only one with some more experience, there are many others with much more experience then me. It’s obvious that by having more experience does not mean that everybody share’s the same view. There is no fixed rule.

You asked what brings me to that conclusion and I answered.

DeletedUser112892

Quantity isn't equal to quality :)
First when I started playing this game was when InA was highest existing age. I played for several months, and then left because of boredom. Now, I returned again, amazed with advancement of the game.
I still haven't learnt every single thing about game, nor I probably will in 1-2 years, but I've learnt enough to be effective and to know as much as possible about crucial game aspects.

Some people find plundering beneficial from their experience, some don't (also from experiences). I am the one who finds it beneficial. Fullstop.

rjs66

Lieutenant
i teach people how to collect on time ( after a few lessons )

my favourites are the ones who let city shields expire and leave loads of goodies to shop for
( tip of the day - collect before the shield runs out )

Emberguard

Legend
Agreed plundering although irritating is a feature of the game therefore nobody should take it personally.

Personally I have tried both sides of the coin and concluded that in the end it is more beneficial if one does not plunder.
I'd say that depends entirely on the age you're in. Iron and EMA tend to have a lot of benefit in plundering. Players have weak defence more often then not and even if a few don't have anything to plunder it's easily made up for by those that do. Especially when there's event buildings around.

On the other hand by the time you reach Industrial Age plundering is only worth it if you either have a lot of spare troops or high enough attack GBs that you can win at the very least as often as you lose

View attachment 16728 FINALLY---DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE WERE AGAINST THIS.
I love the idea of showing the progression of both outcomes, just would be good if either the window was made larger to accommodate the additional information OR it were presented differently. The compact way it was presented earlier was easy to see at a glance what needed doing without having to scroll through the rest of it. This way some quests are half hidden simply due to the size taken up

Last edited: