• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.130

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser98451

Seems like anything goes as long as the devs get an easy life... why not give us 1000% attack boost and we'll just play with spears

DeletedUser112892

Seems like anything goes as long as the devs get an easy life... why not give us 1000% attack boost and we'll just play with spears
Why when we have Kraken and AO as big helpers in battle? :)

DeletedUser15986

@Zarok Dai

Please can you ask the devs why, as well as replacing Reactive Armour with Force Field, the Hover Tank was also changed so that it had lower priority of movement than the Plasma Cannon. This just piles one awful decision on top of another.

he dev's themselves decided on their own that its the Hover thats overpowered just because they were not able to find an ability to counterattack the hover's.

They have an ability in the game that would have countered the Hover in later ages. Power Shot. Give that to the CRAB and a.n.other unit a later era and the Hover Tank would be far less useful.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Please can you ask the devs why, as well as replacing Reactive Armour with Force Field, the Hover Tank was also changed so that it had lower priority of movement than the Plasma Cannon. This just piles one awful decision on top of another.

Yes Just noticed the same. Was this really intended to be this way because nowhere in the announcement this particular change has been mentioned. Please would like to know the answer as soon as possible.

DeletedUser14704

This has to be one of the stupidest ideas yet, and why did you hide it from us Inno?
No update on the homepage as is usual, no I had to find this out from other players.
There is nothing wrong at all with the Hover Tank, compared with its contemporary units, 2 of which ignore stealth, the era is well-balanced. Now you've crippled it the entire FE battle situation is now completely unbalanced, and it's made the Rail Guns even more powerful for that era.
Once again it appears you've pandered to the diamond buyers who've "bought" OF units way ahead of their own era only to find they're not as advanced as they'd hoped. You should have plugged that exploit, not nerf a perfectly good unit which may not swing the overall battle, but at least hung around long enough to damage their paid-for units.
As for "camping" in FE, well what do you expect? It's one of the longest tech trees in the game, and takes a long time to traverse without spending large amounts of money, and involves a lot of city restructuring to accommodate the 3-stage goods chains.
For years you ignored the quintessential "overpowered" unit, the AA Gun + Rogues combo trashed everything in its path, I'm still using them successfully on the AF and OF maps after they struggled a bit in Future. That never got nerfed, I wonder why? Could it be that your "pay to win" clients rather liked having an invincible attack?

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I am still waiting for an answer on whether the change in Plasma's priority over the Hover's movement was really intended along with the rebalancing of Hover's abilities . Will be very helpful if I get an answer soon. Thank you.

dimondus

Captain
When players massively start pointing out that specific tank is overpowered
But I've never seen anyone said Hover tanks were overpowered. Yes it was strong unit for its age but the rest FE units suck with the exception of Rails which is OK at best. Moreover, the AFE units suck even more. I for example fight GE with Plasma and 1 occasional Surrogate or Behemoth because other units are weak compared to FE units in 1st level.

dimondus

Captain
I feel sorry for players who are still in Future Era. The balance of FE units will have been ruined just because the devs won't give later era players reasonably powered units.
Exactly, good I finished half of the AFE continent map with good old Hovers :(

Last edited:

dimondus

Captain
Now, how I noticed they changed it? I'm in late AFE and I started GE late this week and on the 3rd encounter when I fought Hovers with my Plasma as usual BOOM 2 hits and they dead. Wtf, I thought, maybe its new AO crit mechanics, then I "hovered" cursor over hover tank description :( and then I was here. I liked 3 hit to kill Hover, it was challenging in a good way, now I'm frustrated.
Again, why not to give power shot to Plasma cannons but lower its damage by 30-40% and let them use it every turn? Done! Tanks still viable it all eras up to AFE but now people will move faster to AFE to acquire powerful Plasma cannons.
Also, notice how InnoGames did not update FoE start page with 1.130 announcement, yeah, right, maybe they did not notice that :)
Also I noticed you fixed tilted terrain in GE maps, thanks. :)

Last edited:

dimondus

Captain
Yes Just noticed the same. Was this really intended to be this way because nowhere in the announcement this particular change has been mentioned. Please would like to know the answer as soon as possible.
Wait, I think Plasma moving before Hovers for quite some time. Of course it was not crucial when Hover needed 3 shots to kill but now it looks really stupid.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Wait, I think Plasma moving before Hovers for quite some time. Of course it was not crucial when Hover needed 3 shots to kill but now it looks really stupid.

No. Not till last week before this update. I am pretty sure of it as I have always been working my way through GE level 3 / 4 battles using hovers, where we had more than 2 Plasmas to attack, based on just that. Its not practically possible to fight now using hovers with this current change as 4 Plasmas would hit / kill my hovers even before they moved from their original spot if my rogues are already converted by the other defending units, which IMHO is plain stupidity and can be thought out by only those who don't actually play the game / do battles / never tried fighting in Level 4 arctic future with these current changes before implementing it in the game... the reason why I strongly believe it was not actually intended to be this way. But nobody seems to give me the answer to it.

Last edited:

dimondus

Captain
Sometimes I have a doubt half of the forum info getting to the devs (no, I'm not complaining about moderators here) or they simply don't care until whales wishes are fulfilled.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Looks like a major make over in GE level 4 too - bring plenty of suntan lotion - you're gonna it - lol

I've just finished level 4 (using hovers for some fights as usual), and because I have quite high level GBs it wasn't any more difficult than normal.

Quite clearly the plan to stop high level players using hovers hasn't worked and the players who have been hit hardest are those still in FE.

As many people have said before in this thread, the better approach would have been to make later units stronger rather than nerf the hover.

DeletedUser107117

It has been agreed that the order of MOT/POL now favors Sacred Sky watches over SoK's, but has there been some other changes also? I just collected six SoK's and before that I had large number of SoK's unmotivated with collection in four hours later. Now, 1,5 hours later, those six SoK's are motivated (Collection in 22,5h) and those SoK's which have collection in just couple of hours, are still unmotivated. Is this the intended sequence? If so, this seems to be clearly wrong.

MP75

Master Corporal
If Hover Tanks from The Future were re-balanced perhaps you should do the same with Anti-Aircraft Vehicle from Contemporary Era because they can be also considered too powerful.On Mount Killmore world i easily defeat units from Tomorrow and The Future Era with 1 Anti-Aicraft Vehicle and 7 Rogues combo on Guild Expedition map 8-)

Last edited: