• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.130

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,
This thread is for any feedback relating to version 1.130 :).

Check out the full list of changes here.
Thanks!
Richard & Team

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Finding the easy way out been the norm of the current set of dev's @ Inno. If they cannot find a solution to a problem just nerf the problem itself... never mind how long its been in use or what the customer base feels about it. Its just they don't want to take an effort to find a solution to the problem itself.

The railgun is fine example of how to counterattack the hover threat ...all they had to do was to either replicate its abilities or change it a bit to only counterattack just the hover skills in one or more of the subsequent era units.

But No...Inno dev's thinking seems to be "Why all this hassle , Let's just nerf the Hover. The customers are going to shout about it on the forum for a few days and then everything will go back to normalcy. Give them an Event with something good on offer and make it look easy to get from it. They will forget about this whole Hover affair and go on with the game quitely, happily playing the event, struggling to get the items on offer in the event, with some of them even spending real cash to get as many as possible."

DeletedUser112892

Finding the easy way out been the norm of the current set of dev's @ Inno. If they cannot find a solution to a problem just nerf the problem itself... never mind how long its been in use or what the customer base feels about it. Its just they don't want to take an effort to find a solution to the problem itself.

The railgun is fine example of how to counterattack the hover threat ...all they had to do was to either replicate its abilities or change it a bit to only counterattack just the hover skills in one or more of the subsequent era units.

But No...Inno dev's thinking seems to be "Why all this hassle , Let's just nerf the Hover. The customers are going to shout about it on the forum for a few days and then everything will go back to normalcy. Give them an Event with something good on offer and make it look easy to get from it. They will forget about this whole Hover affair and go on with the game quitely, happily playing the event, struggling to get the items on offer in the event, with some of them even spending real cash to get as many as possible."
It is almost juat like every other developer does.
I would give example of what Wargaming is doing with World of Tanks as it is the only game I am playing along Forge of Empires.
When players massively start pointing out that specific tank is overpowered, what Wargaming does is just nerf that tank. Similar thing Inno does, just with specific FoE features.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
It is almost juat like every other developer does.
I would give example of what Wargaming is doing with World of Tanks as it is the only game I am playing along Forge of Empires.
When players massively start pointing out that specific tank is overpowered, what Wargaming does is just nerf that tank. Similar thing Inno does, just with specific FoE features.

The difference here is, I don't really think any players in any of the servers complained about hovers being overpowered. What Players actually complained about is that the subsequent era units are weak. The dev's themselves decided on their own that its the Hover thats overpowered just because they were not able to find an ability to counterattack the hover's. They were not able to bring an unit in the subsequent eras including the yet-to-arrive Virtual Future that could be more stronger than the Hover which is already 3 Eras lower from VF.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4727

It appears that the Priority motivation has shifted from SoK to SSW - was this intended
Thanks for this report, I've managed to recreate on Beta, so I'll report it to the devs.

Thanks also to everyone who has commented so far on the Hover Tank changes. I'll make sure that your comments are fed back.

DeletedUser114743

i am FE player for along time and i did refused to move up because i didn't see anything i like FE is the best era in FOE and u just blow it with the last update for me and for alot of players who didn't want to move from FE as it is best we did see
i know and all players know why u did remove reactive armor from hover tanks and that just did make us mad. just because you couldn't think of something better on AF OF and VF . we did like our troops just like they were pls think of removing the changes you have done and get better solution for VF .

DeletedUser112892

i am FE player for along time and i did refused to move up because i didn't see anything i like FE is the best era in FOE and u just blow it with the last update for me and for alot of players who didn't want to move from FE as it is best we did see
i know and all players know why u did remove reactive armor from hover tanks and that just did make us mad. just because you couldn't think of something better on AF OF and VF . we did like our troops just like they were pls think of removing the changes you have done and get better solution for VF .
I agree. Many players are also camping in FE as it is most popular era for GvG. Now, devs have kicked those players in balls.

DeletedUser

Part of why I always tried to stay one era behind the most current ones is I remember when most of the stats for the units of AF were changed because they were unbalanced. I guess I too was left wondering about a few things...

* why wasn't the decision posted in the "announcements" thread for all to see other than hiding in the updates on the main page? I wouldn't have known about it if it hadn't been for a guild member who pointed it out. This doesn't come across as being a very transparent change for those in AF or for those of us who have had months or even a year(s) using this unit. I personally wish the abilities hadn't been changed.

* following the conversations on beta I can understand where the decision came from but seeing as from almost Contemporary era on units for 2-3 eras below the new ones coming out can be very effective for those with high attack buffs because of their skills for those of us who know how to move and use them properly. I guess I'm left wondering why the abilities of these new units in the higher eras weren't taking what was currently out into account? It's like the colour guard and drummers. Great in theory but the reality is when you factor into how quickly they can be killed off the buff just isn't worth if much past EMA as it leaves you with one less unit on the field doing damage.

If the game wasn't tested in beta prior I guess I could understand the need to change something that has now been in the game for well over a year. But you're doing your players who enjoy the battle portion of the game a huge disservice when changes to military units are made instead of fixing the actual issue which is the newer units coming out in subsequent eras. It makes me not wish to progress to the newer eras because I'm waiting for someone to come along and make changes making me waste my time and resources on something that will suddenly become under or over powered which is a shame because I've really been looking forward to the new era and wasn't going to wait around this time.

DeletedUser96901

we did like our troops just like they were pls think of removing the changes you have done and get better solution for VF
best would be: no plain terrain in VF :lol:

if they can't hide on map or GE they would be useless

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
Stupidest idea to come out in a long time. FE is already the hardest age/era for GE/GVG, now you're going to make it harder. Are you purposely trying to chase away the active players and turn this into simcity with useless cities full of 'purty' decorations...

'As Forge of Empires is a game with the core idea of going through the ages, we want to provide incentive to our players to do so.' - That's a laugh. We have guild treasuries filled to the brim with useless AF and OF goods, soon to be VF as well. Instead of creating AF and OF GVG maps you created the worthless AA map.

DeletedUser98195

Camping in FE ?? That's the complaint?? Apparently some people have generous patrons to build AO's & Kraken's. You want this to be war game?? And those GB's are needed to wage war...right?? But apparently some don't understand real war requires planning.
The Joe lunchbox player catches trades with their FE goods & their DT goods to build a AO or Kraken. Then they move on to AF & OF. But by all means , lets have average players build fast and weak.
You already have the game built to the offence. Just two defensive GB's versus how many offensive??Many players will put a new meaning to a US western term "the quick and the dead". As many speed their way to a future of constant attack and vulnerability. What fun ...right?? Think they will stay in the game??As patient players build themselves into strong predators (as they should in a war game). This move put's the game even further out of balance.
A war game?? Real war has both offence & defensive capabilities.
Most of the AF units are the problem , and frankly the OF Manta needs some work. The Hover is not the problem.

DeletedUser107117

What boggles my mind is the fact that they are changing the unit that has been here for ages and used successfully in later eras, and not coming up a successful countermeasure against existing unit.

If in real life you would have powerful weapon, wouldn't you try to come up with a effective way to stop it instead asking the other side stop using it or to make it worse? Correct way in this is to make AF, OF or upcoming VF units better, not making FE unit worse. This is especially cruel to guys in FE...