• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.124

DeletedUser111589

@wotviewer I wonder how come most players don't know of "No scouted provinces, no daily quests asking for sectors to be taken"

Its rather logical. And if you get such quest, better check map again as it wouldnt give such quest otherwise. It is more foolish to keep on scouting always as it even hinders events.

When is update coming to android? I still haven't got it, neither did other mobile players I talked to. Also, it seems temporary inventory isn't implemented on browsers yet either.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Treasure Hunt was never a nuisance, in fact it was slightly addictive. And as for the pew-pewing of the rewards I would point out the obvious, that all the rewards were in addition to whatever else the game served up. Treasure Hunt rewards were far better than Incident rewards (apart from the miniscule chance of winning 5 diamonds that is).

An interesting fact about these threads seems to be that certain names never seem to point out flaws in this game. In fact quite the opposite if you click on those names and look at some of their posts, the vast majority of which seem to say that InnoGames walks on water, and it isn't possible for them to get it wrong.

They got it wrong this time by taking away a positive feature.
My 'final' TH reward yesterday morning: 10 victory medals for the 8hr chest.
A fairly frequent 'common' incident reward: 14 victory medals, usually 2-3x per day on 'bad' days. (on 'good' days, it's usually at least 6-7+ instances of medals - personal best is 10 medal wins in one day!)

I said, the occasional 50 goods or 10fps was nice when it happened. But it was never frequent enough that I'll lose sleep/lament the loss of TH, as I readily produce 36 previous age + (on average) 76-96 current age goods per day. (and that's a drop in the bucket compared to what actual heavy questing players pull in!:P )
Mostly I just cursed the TH because it gave me yet more piles of coins/supplies I don't need...

Still, incidents give plenty of reason to scout about your city 2-3x/day, and over the weekly average, you'll end up winning more goods than you would have with the TH, as I found it quite typical to go 7-10+ days without getting ANY goods packages.
And now that they've removed the -1 penalty for failing to complete a daily challenge, the whole "challenge" part has basically been entirely removed, which will at least boost your monthly fp wins well past what TH would earn.

DeletedUser15986

I'm so exited for the upcoming HTML5 conversion, so that all those memory leaks will gone!

Don't get your hopes up just yet... Memory leaks and usage are arguably worse under HTML5 at the moment. Performance is also hammering the hardware a lot more.

DeletedUser4727

Thanks for your continued feedback everyone, especially on the TH. I'll continue to pass this on.

Don't show again for productions - Very useful, as long as it ACTUALLY WORKS, differently of the (promised) "don't show again" for quests in which we should prevent quests, namely recurring, we don't have any interest to appear. Never worked for me!

What I would really like to see regarding these kits is the ability to use them on already finished productions. Sometimes after the night cycle, I end up with finished productions with a couple of them non-motivated and I have to accept it, even though I have several kits in my Inventory. Not that I need the extra coins/supplies (since FPs buildings are motivated all the time anyway) but it's also something to consider — think about the workers in there celebrating a successfully ended production, without anyone severing a leg in the engines :D

City Rebuilder - Interesting for those who didn't plan their cities, players without a well-defined earthwork that simply throw buildings randomly and try to connect them somehow. My city had little changes since EMA, but that was the results of hard work, literally 10 (non-consecutive, of course) real-life hours of planning.

May I suggest a feature present in one of the non-official City Planners? To toggle graphics on and off, showing only a basic shape of the buildings, in a very distinguishable colour, with just their name and size. This was very useful to me when I was designing my own city to find hard-to-see unused tiles and thus enhancing the layout.
I'll pass on the feedback regarding City planner, thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the "Dont show again" for quests. The only thing I can think of is the "Dont show again" on "pay" quest conditions, where you can opt to not be asked every time before paying. Otherwise, Im not sure what you mean, and I'm not aware of a promised feature which isnt working.

Also, it seems you've missed the fact that the new kits will be available to be used on finished productions :)

I missed the part where they say "they can not bring it to the app". Did you get that from elsewhere or are you reading between the lines?

The announcement says "This is one of the reasons the feature never made the jump to mobile." If one of those reasons was that it couldn't be done, there wouldn't be much need for any other reason.

I'll be sorry to see TH disappear. I play almost exclusively on the PC and it gave me a nice reason to log in again in an hour or in 4 hours. Take that away and I suspect I'll just end up logging in less often and use 24-hour productions more often.

While I'm glad to lose the -1 for the DC, it also seems that removes a certain amount of incentive to log in. Seems a bit counter-productive.

I agree. the incentive to log in at increments of 5, 15 60 etc minutes to collect the treasure is gone. This will become a once a day game, then perhaps a not at all game.

DeletedUser112917

i am in bronze age. i do not have guild expedition or daily challenge yet. the treasure hunt was my only means of getting decent rewards till a quest comes along.

i have not experienced any decent payouts from the incidents, coins and supplies i can get better returns just by playing. the goods rewards are too rare and i don't recall ever getting a military unit!

i understand the daily quest often requires acquiring sectors or winning battles. this is fine i suppose for players who are into the war side but as a trader, there is very little hope of completing a daily without having to fight.

maybe the incident rewards should be upgraded to compensate for the loss of treasure hunt?

DeletedUser112632

i am in bronze age. i do not have guild expedition or daily challenge yet. the treasure hunt was my only means of getting decent rewards till a quest comes along.

i have not experienced any decent payouts from the incidents, coins and supplies i can get better returns just by playing. the goods rewards are too rare and i don't recall ever getting a military unit!

i understand the daily quest often requires acquiring sectors or winning battles. this is fine i suppose for players who are into the war side but as a trader, there is very little hope of completing a daily without having to fight.

maybe the incident rewards should be upgraded to compensate for the loss of treasure hunt?
Now awaiting standard canned bot reply from usual suspects regarding how useless Treasure Hunt was, and that Innogames can do no wrong

DeletedUser96901

I'm not sure what you mean regarding the "Dont show again" for quests. The only thing I can think of is the "Dont show again" on "pay" quest conditions, where you can opt to not be asked every time before paying. Otherwise, Im not sure what you mean, and I'm not aware of a promised feature which isnt working.
he thinks:
abort --> are you sure: don't show again
is for not showing again that recurring quest.
but it is for not showing "are you sure" again the quest will be shown again

DeletedUser14881

I can't say for sure right now if I read this in one of the announcements here or in the beta micro-changelogs but it was mentioned a feature we could mark a quest to not appear anymore, which is useful for recurring quests that are too difficult or not interesting to complete.

And I know for sure it's not a misinterpretation of the announcements because this feature appeared on the mobile app to me. I marked the recurring quests I have no interest — gather population I believe — thinking this quest wouldn't appear anymore and my quest rotation would be faster but no, there it is every day.

Also, it seems you've missed the fact that the new kits will be available to be used on finished productions :)
Someone already told me that in a "very polite way" <_<

Boorg

Captain
Agreed a great update indeed, thumbs up and thank you.

Changes always bring positive and negative responses especially when something is removed (in this case Treasure Hunt) but everything has its advantages and disadvantages. Treasure Hunt seems to have been on the way out for some time therefore it’s always better to make the best of what’s available rather then cry over spilt milk.

On the other hand it’s not proper for someone to say that Treasure Hunt can’t be implemented for mobile devices as that insults the intelligence of most of us. It might be difficult, not practical, create other issues (problematic) or unconventional to implement but it can be done that’s why it’s called “Software”.

Only two things in life can’t be done;

1. Refuse to be born.
2. Live forever.

everything else is possible.

This update brings several necessary game enhancements making game play much smoother and better therefore I am suggesting a few other necessary game enhancements which might be taken into consideration for future updates.

1. Messaging – The browser version needs the addition of an easier friends and neighbours group messaging method, maybe something similar to the mobile version.

2. Battling – The crossed swords should not show when a neighbour has not yet unlocked PvP fights, will make it easier to identify battle ready neighbours.

3. Friends Tavern Button – When it’s possible to visit a friend’s tavern the chair in the friends list should also be highlighted (similar to the highlighting of the friends/neighbours Aid Button), thereby making it easier to identify available tavern visits.

4. Production Buildings – Most of the time the same production (time/period) is used, therefore production buildings should have the option to set an “Automatically Restart Same Production" when finished production has been collected, thereby eliminating the need to enter the production building and selecting the production every time. For a different production the present "Cancel Production and Select Production" method can still apply.

5 – Daily Challenges – When the DC is completed it’s tab should also show the hour glass thereby indicating that it’s ready, this would be an asset when playing in several worlds.

Last edited:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General

a) Get out of Bronze age ASAP!!
I made this mistake myself when I first started, and honestly, I was a flaming idiot for staying in BA for nearly 2 months... Just moving into Iron age alone gives you;
- GB donations
- GE
- DC's
While it takes a bit to really get the GE going, it's well worth moving up in age...

b) DC's do NOT! require constant sector/province clearing...
As long as you have 0 'open/unconqured' sectors, you will NEVER get requests asking for claiming sectors (can we please get this stickied somewhere?!)

While the fighting challenges may be fairly difficult until EMA, you'll still be able to get a decent amount of use out of DC's once you move into IA. :)

c) So far today, I've earned from incidents & DC's;
- more coins/supplies (blargh!)
- 56 medals
- 2fp's
- 2 goods
- Drummer School (wanted the 10fps, but oh well!)

DeletedUser

Good morning folks

With regards to the recent update and it fixing GvG map refresh issues, I can report that this has not happened, I have tried various browsers and all the same. I even downloaded a new browser and ran from portable version last night, this browser went live at 19-50 last night just before calc so the one and only thing it saw was FoE, therefore no corrupt cache no old cookies, and bingo maps did not refresh correctly.

Agent327

Overlord
Good morning folks

With regards to the recent update and it fixing GvG map refresh issues, I can report that this has not happened, I have tried various browsers and all the same. I even downloaded a new browser and ran from portable version last night, this browser went live at 19-50 last night just before calc so the one and only thing it saw was FoE, therefore no corrupt cache no old cookies, and bingo maps did not refresh correctly.

Where in the announcement does it say that GvG map refresh issues will be fixed?

DeletedUser110419

2. Battling – The crossed swords should not show when a neighbour has not yet unlocked PvP fights, will make it easier to identify battle ready neighbours.

^^^This.

Also, thumbs up for the additional zoom-out.

DeletedUser

Where in the announcement does it say that GvG map refresh issues will be fixed?
We have also started working on porting GvG for the HTML5 version of the game and have taken this opportunity to address some of the current issues with the mode (these fixes benefit both Flash and the upcoming HTML5 environment):
  • In some instances, the state of sectors in GvG would stop updating. We have made updating a bit more stable by fixing one of the reasons it would break, but there may still be cases that this occurs. Let us know!
  • We have fixed an internal error that could occur when attempting to fight an already defeated army in GvG.
Right here I guess :)

dimondus

Captain
I'm always at the latest age. I personally think age sitting a pathetic way of playing a progressive game.
So how you manage to put 3x3 houses in PE without complete redesign? Did you leave empty 1 tile row behind a row of 2x2 EMA houses and did not use that space for 5 ages? And yes, how about 2x2 roads for goods production buildings?
Too much Mass Effect on my head for that
Nah, its simply the best non-premium supply production building in the game when it comes to supply/sitizen/hour. Drones work very efficiently, you know. :)

Agent327

Overlord
We have also started working on porting GvG for the HTML5 version of the game and have taken this opportunity to address some of the current issues with the mode (these fixes benefit both Flash and the upcoming HTML5 environment):
  • In some instances, the state of sectors in GvG would stop updating. We have made updating a bit more stable by fixing one of the reasons it would break, but there may still be cases that this occurs. Let us know!
  • We have fixed an internal error that could occur when attempting to fight an already defeated army in GvG.
Right here I guess :)

Nothing there says that refresh issues have been fixed.