• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.123

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys

This thread is for discussing our upcoming update to version 1.123. This update contains mostly just some bugfixes, check out the full list of changes here.

Thanks

Richard & Team

Agent327

Overlord
It's nice you can dismiss those achievement prompts now right away, but why do we do have them? Why not an option to disable them? You either like them or not.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
What about;
a) The MASSIVE lag issues from the last 1.22 "improvements"?
b) Where are the missing achievement medals? (ie: DC's/challenger's chest, 1st/2nd/3rd place GE finishes, etc...)
c) The battle game play slowing to beyond a crawl?
d) The need to re-boot the game every 5min or so due to the bloody lag/glitching?
e) The quest menu being slow as gak when trying to bring it up?
f) Quest cycling now slowing to a veritable crawl, plus the need to click the abort/finish buttons 2-3x before they do anything?

I know it's not my PC having issues... sure it's old, but I'm still getting normal game play on Elvenar, even in the 'end game' cities that are notorious for crashing due to all the masses of animations! ;)
But FoE is becoming teeth-grindingly infuriating atm due to all the various lag/glitch/buggy issues. :(

DeletedUser98451

The time i have to spend collecting has gone up by 20 mins due to recently introduced scrolling glitch and quest cycling lag. Constantly clicking ok for every incident and event tree isnt helping either and can anyone tell me why the tavern requires 2 clicks while aid is done in 1.
The fun in the game is slowly but surely being eroded and is being replaced with frustration, lag, glitches and infantile fluff.

DeletedUser112916

Hovering your mouse over an enemy unit sometimes didn't display their range on the battlefield anymore. This has been added back in.
Just tried a battle in 1.123; this is still not fixed.

dimondus

Captain
What about;
b) Where are the missing achievement medals? (ie: DC's/challenger's chest, 1st/2nd/3rd place GE finishes, etc...)
d) The need to re-boot the game every 5min or so due to the bloody lag/glitching?
f) Quest cycling now slowing to a veritable crawl, plus the need to click the abort/finish buttons 2-3x before they do anything?
"... and continues to improve our HTML5 client" - that will solve most of your problems, I hope :)
I know it's not my PC having issues... sure it's old, but I'm still getting normal game play on Elvenar, even in the 'end game' cities that are notorious for crashing due to all the masses of animations!
are you kidding? I'm in 4th age and already experience lag in Elvenar.

Boorg

Captain
With this update my screen background has gone and turned to black.

Please resolve this issue, thanks.

Attachments

• Update1-123.png
    Update1-123.png
    686.2 KB · Views: 160

dimondus

Captain
With this update my screen background has gone and turned to black.

Please resolve this issue, thanks.
that is pretty standard issue (and not connected to the latest update), just close browser tab and reopen it again.
I noticed it happens when FoE opened in the background for long time 2-3 hours, then if you look at windows Task manager it will show HUGE Flash plug-in container RAM leak. I believe that is causing graphical glitches.

Boorg

Captain
upload_2018-4-3_15-56-2.png
that is pretty standard issue (and not connected to the latest update), just close browser tab and reopen it again.
I noticed it happens when FoE opened in the background for long time 2-3 hours, then if you look at windows Task manager it will show HUGE Flash plug-in container RAM leak. I believe that is causing graphical glitches.

Thanks, done that before I posted, does not resolve the issue.

Boorg

Captain
Hmmm, usually that worked for me. Try to completely close browser or End processes that are connected to the browser activity (Chrome.exe or firefox.exe, etc)

Support said that they are aware about this issue, just have to wait and see, thanks for your help.

dimondus

Captain
Support said that they are aware about this issue, just have to wait and see, thanks for your help.
No problem mate. I think support aware of most issues but that does not mean they will be resolved in the next patch.

DeletedUser112098

Unfortunately, this update doesn't seem to have fixed the 1.122 issues.
After less than 10 battles, it started to lag again. Plus the range keeps disappearing every now and then.
I haven't tried to po-mo manually, though (I changed to hitting the "Aid" button because of the lag issue).
A new glitch appeared in the meantime : there is no gleam when I hover the buildings with my mouse (on Parkog).

I understand the HTML5 version is what gets most of your attention at the moment, but for now, the browser version of Forge of Empires is still supported by Flash. As such, it still needs to have its recent, numerous glitches being fixed. Having to reload your page, occasionally close and restart the browser ... hinders the game experience. A pity ...

PS : the no gleam glitch is to be found on the attached picture.

Attachments

• FoE glitch gleam.jpg
    FoE glitch gleam.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4727

What about;

I know it's not my PC having issues... sure it's old, but I'm still getting normal game play on Elvenar, even in the 'end game' cities that are notorious for crashing due to all the masses of animations! ;)
But FoE is becoming teeth-grindingly infuriating atm due to all the various lag/glitch/buggy issues. :(
Sorry to hear you're having these issues. Can you give a little more detail on specifically what issues you're seeing. We've been striving to improve the game's performance, so would love a little more detail on the issues you've been facing. If you want you can submit a ticket if you'd prefer to discuss it privately. It'd be interesting to know what the specification of your machine is, if you'd be willing to share, and same goes for anyone else having these issues.

I think its also really important I articulate that HTML 5 is not a performance enhancing update, it is merely an update to bring the game inline with the changes to Flash. Of course its wholly possible HTML 5 will perform better for some people, but I just want it to be clear that this isn't the active intention of the new version of the game.

Thanks
Richard

DeletedUser112098

In fact, the building gleam issue comes and goes, just like the ones I faced when I started my game on Parkog (just after the update 1.121, I think, but most of these were gone the day after).

I play on Windows 10, using Mozilla Firefox 52.0.
About the machine itself, it's a Dell Latitude 5280 laptop,
CPU : Intel Core i5-7300U
8 Go RAM
GPU : Intel HD Graphics 620

Note : In-game animations are disabled.

When I log in and select a world, the game runs smoothly for as long as I stay in my city. When building or shuffling my structures around, no sign of a problem (except the occasional absence of gleam). It's when I leave the comfort zone of my city that problems come slowly, but surely.
The first fights or visits go well, I managed to have at least 5 fights today on 1.123 without too many problems (except for the movement/range issue). The same goes when aiding the first two dozens of people.
However, the more aiding or fighting I do, the more memory is used by the game (around half of the laptop's), resulting in the above-mentioned lagging, seen in fights and when visiting cities, opening the quest tabs, or even aiding through or reviewing my event history. Although it seems partly fixed since 1.122 (I can now go for two or three more battles or five to ten extra po-mo before having to reload), it is still more or less there.
When switching between Korch and Parkog, as I mentioned in the 1.122 thread, all of the lag issues are gone until I do too much.

This is a quick recap of the issues I am encountering. If you want more, I can submit a ticket (so that I don't flood this topic).