• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.118

DeletedUser4727

Hey all,

Use this thread for any questions and comments on the upcoming update to 1.118. This update sees some changes to how some Daily Challenge quests, as well some changes to how sales work. Check out the full list of changes here.

Thanks!
Richard & Team

DeletedUser111589

• Frequently, a randomly generated chest selection for the Daily Challenges was used for all worlds of the same player. We now made sure that the selection is randomly chosen for each world separately.

Bummer, I liked having same chest selection over all worlds.

Anyways, when will app players be able to see countdown timer for GB collection and number of possible, available, Kraken kills?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Hopefully the sound issues bug is a full fix - it's getting so sad not being able to hear my catapults raining death on my poor, defenseless enemies! ;)

Also, any idea when we're going to get the additional achievement medals? (ie: the one for finding/collecting the 'rhino on a raft' incident, completing the challenger's chest, etc...?)

joesoap

Major-General
delighted that the gain happy & people are disappearing from the daily challenges & that the reward chests will be different for every world, was very depressing to get crap chests on 1st world & know they were going to be the same everywhere

DeletedUser111866

Yep, gain pop/hap were the reason to have a portion of space unoccupied, good thing it's gone. Also nice that chests now vary across worlds (why should it not be the first time?). And finally, expansions and a GB buff! Even if I'll not get to use either for a very long time, it's nice to see there are greater goals in the future.

aquarius1960

Private
i use the "gain happiness on the recurring quests all the time especially when there is 2 of them such as in arctic future please keep these i also use the one in oceanic future so keep it as well especially as the main relic prizes seem to be useless faces of ancients etc they are only of use for throwing away, but even without these if folk noticed make a space in city to build 20 memorials then build and delete the 20 around 8 times which takes 15 mins so this is a very lucritive recurring task so please keep it

DeletedUser111866

You still get the production tasks so you still need the space.
At least you can run blacksmith district on a persistent basis without any need to rebuild every day because of new DC requirements. If no production quest is active, just run them on a make helmet or 8h/4h and don't seriously care about them in the meantime.

DeletedUser98451

Sovereign can you please clarify the SV situation, the decision to nerf it was taken in beta and subsequently we had an announcement that the decision was going to be reversed, but reading the update in here it appears that it will be nerfed after all or is this just a copy/paste issue?

DeletedUser96901

Sovereign can you please clarify the SV situation, the decision to nerf it was taken in beta and subsequently we had an announcement that the decision was going to be reversed, but reading the update in here it appears that it will be nerfed after all or is this just a copy/paste issue?
read it again: this is just a a misread issue

it will be buffed

at the moment you get only 10 goods if you are below modern era
with the update that will also be 20 goods (like in modern era and higher)

DeletedUser111866

Which means you are still wasting space and the bonus from your GB's.
Well, the space is not a big deal if you have not too many of them. And with bonus, if you first collect main supplies then blacksmiths, nothing is really wasted, either all main supplies are already collected, or the bonus is already exhausted.

scibuff

Sergeant
  • We have seen that the "gain population" and "gain happiness" tasks from the Daily Challenges were counter productive for many, and have removed those as a result. The mysterious questgiver may now ask for donations of coins and supplies instead.

Really? This was the least on my problems with daily challenge quests as you could simply use the Stilt House, build in 10s, sell, rinse a repeat to reach the goal. Same with happiness and the Memorial. So you only need a single 2x2 slot to complete these! Takes a minute at most.

How about you finally get rid of the collect 2500 silver (or adjust the goal # based on the level to which one's tavern is developed). That's pretty much impossible in IA with your tavern maybe at 6-8 slots - that means filling it up 5-8 times. Good luck with that.

And, could you please stop adding scouting, gaining sectors and entire provinces to challenge and event tasks or at least provide alternative which doesn't force a player to progress? There's only so much ahead of one's era you can go on the map and in the tech tree!

DeletedUser110150

Nice changes.

In terms of the comment about whether or not to withdraw a progress point when you don't complete a challenge - I assume this is referring to daily challenges.

Personally I'd be all for not withdrawing a point (so +1 for completing a challenge, 0 for not).

When daily challenges first came out I was completing pretty much all of them as it was something new and I enjoyed the extra rewards, but now even on my main world I often don't bother unless it's a chest I really like and/or it's straightforward to complete. The chances of that being the case for 7 days in a row is pretty much nil, and the -1 for not completing a challenge actually puts me off doing the ones I'm 50/50 on. I know I'm almost certainly not going to see the challengers' chest anyway, so there doesn't seem much point going through the hassle (some of them are a real pig to complete).

On the other hand if there wasn't a -1 for not completing the challenges, I'd be more inclined to do more of them as I know I'll be getting that challengers' chest and a shot at a nice reward at some point, rather than just sliding back to 0 if there are a couple of days with awful chests/crazy challenges. And as I say this is my main world, on my other worlds I hardly bother at all and so the challengers' chest is pretty much irrelevant, which is a shame (I'd definitely do more of them here too if the -1 was removed). I don't mind the difficulty of them and the rewards are fine, but removing the -1 would make things more balanced for me.

That's my two cents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

@scibuff I agree with map based challenges to be removed.

@Kimi the Andal you seem to not understand what challenge means. That -1 is supposed to be challenging part. If it was removed, it wouldn't be much of a challenge to complete.

DeletedUser

When daily challenges first came out I was completing pretty much all of them as it was something new and I enjoyed the extra rewards, but now even on my main world I often don't bother unless it's a chest I really like and/or it's very easy to complete. The chances of that being the case for 7 days in a row is pretty much nil, and the -1 for not completing a challenge actually puts me off doing the ones I'm 50/50 on. I know I'm almost certainly not going to see the challengers' chest anyway, so there doesn't seem much point going through the hassle (some of them are a real pig to complete).

On the other hand if there wasn't a -1 for not completing the challenges, I'd be more inclined to do more of them as I know I'll be getting that challengers' chest and a shot at a nice reward at some point, rather than just sliding back to 0 if there are a couple of days with awful chests/crazy challenges. And as I say this is my main world, on my other worlds I hardly bother at all and so the challengers' chest is pretty much irrelevant, which is a shame (I'd definitely do more of them here too if the -1 was removed). I don't mind the difficulty of them and the rewards are fine, but removing the -1 would make things more balanced for me.

I think that even something like -0.5 instead of -1 for not completing a challenge would be a great encouragement for players in your situation to do some more daily challenges.

DeletedUser110150

@Kimi the Andal you seem to not understand what challenge means. That -1 is supposed to be challenging part. If it was removed, it wouldn't be much of a challenge to complete.

I do understand what 'challenge' means, thanks :lol: Removing the -1 hardly takes all the challenge out of it, as the tasks themselves generally are still quite challenging to complete and this isn't affected (occasionally you get a real easy one, it just varies). It is a 'daily' challenge and not a 'weekly' challenge, so removing the -1 doesn't actually affect that aspect. If anything this is more to do with the weighting of the rewards (ease of access to the challengers' chest), rather than the actual difficulty/challenge of the tasks themselves.

It's obviously something they're reviewing though, possibly because it's not getting the engagement they were hoping for (I'm in the top guild in K and many of the members don't bother with them anymore, which makes me wonder about the more casual player base).

My view is that changing the -1 would improve this part of the game and create more engagement with it, but obviously there will be others who feel it would make it too easy.

@Pink.Buffoon -0.5 would be an improvement in my view, yes. Could be a good compromise

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111589

I do understand what 'challenge' means, thanks :lol: Removing the -1 hardly takes all the challenge out of it in my view, as the tasks themselves generally are still quite challenging (though occasionally you get a real easy one, it just varies). It is a 'daily' challenge and not a 'weekly' challenge, so removing the -1 doesn't change that aspect.

It's obviously something they're reviewing though, possibly because it's not getting the engagement they were hoping for (I'm in the top guild in K and many of the members don't bother with them anymore, which makes me wonder about the more casual player base).

My view is that changing the -1 would improve this part of the game and create more engagement with it, but if the majority of others feel that would make it too easy - or have other constructive arguments about not changing it - then maybe it should be left as it is.

@Pink.Buffoon -0.5 would be an improvement in my view, yes

Getting the 7/7 is supposed to be a challenge in itself not to be easy. I don't know what kind of challenges you are getting. As long as you are completing more of them than you lose, you should reach 7/7 thus its a challenge. It testes you.

Imagine game where every time you face boss, you attack it, die and have to repeat battle but it's HP is where you left it. Even a lv 1 player without any items could defeat last boss given enough time and chances. That doesnt make you strive to become stronger.

scibuff

Sergeant

Alternatively, how about giving us the ability to "release" and repeat a province. Only provinces with a chest as the reward (and in the most recent era would be releasable - i.e. you cannot repeat an bronze age province when you're in EMA)?