• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.118

DeletedUser110797

[QUOTE="@Kimi the Andal you seem to not understand what challenge means. That -1 is supposed to be challenging part. If it was removed, it wouldn't be much of a challenge to complete.[/QUOTE]

I totally disagree because the -1 applies even if you don't open the chest, and that could be because your house caught fire, or you were called to your dying mother's bedside in another city, or simply that you were working massive overtime at work or were in bed suffering from the 'flu'.
And, if you do make the effort over 7 days, what do you get? I've done it 3 times for 50FPs each time......a fairly modest reward for a lot of work!

Agent327

Overlord
Well, the space is not a big deal if you have not too many of them. And with bonus, if you first collect main supplies then blacksmiths, nothing is really wasted, either all main supplies are already collected, or the bonus is already exhausted.

Even if you have not to many you still waste space. Could place SoK's there. Aas collecting goes, I get a bonus for the firts 75 productionbuildingss. Don't have that many, so the blacksmith is always part of it.

dimondus

Captain
"We also want to decide if not withdrawing a progress point when not completing a challenge makes sense."
Does not make sense, thank you.

you seem to not understand what challenge means. That -1 is supposed to be challenging part. If it was removed, it wouldn't be much of a challenge to complete.
How exactly is that a challenge? To press or not to press Daily challenge button today?

I've done it 3 times for 50FPs each time...
Same here, but if they withdraw -1 and with pop and happiness challenges gone, I'll consider doing them once again.

Doesn't appear that the new diamond expansion was added either - it was 5 well in advance of the update - months ago - and is still 5

DeletedUser111948

I'm very happy with gain happiness/population removal - in the end it basically was a "spend N amount of coins/supplies" changeling and now you can do it without clicking over and over, so it is a very positive "quality of life" change in my opinion.

I would love to see the "run production cycle X for Y amount of times" challenges replaced with "produce Z amount of supplies/coins" challenge as well - this will mean that instead of building blacksmiths a player will be encouraged to have a certain amount of production capacity in their city and that would be good for a gameplay, helping you progress and develop your city instead of wasting space on iron age buildings.

And yes I think that you only should get a -1 if you selected the chest and THAN failed the challenge - a player should be able to skip a day or even a few days of playing without loosing progress. The 7 days chest is not as epic OP as you think anyway - people who want 20 shrines/rogues/fountains will get them from events easily enough, so no, being able to get to the 7 days chest slightly more often will not break the game.

And last but not least - the reward chests need to be more tempting. The event building ones are great, but more often than not I get the choice between two chests I don't really want even if you give them to me for free... I REALLY don't need any more boosts - I have TONES that I'm not using as it is - I have an active tavern, if I want a boost I'll get one... And the FP chest with 5 FP being most likely reward? Really? It's a joke even for an iron age player. The coins/supply chests that are not even 10% of what I'm producing daily? A chest with buildings I can grab out of normal catalog? Do you seriously think I haven't build anything I want right after I unlocked the tech? Because I can tell you that if I have the resources to complete the daily you can bet that I have enough to build a basic house/production building...
If you are throwing down a challenge do make sure that people are properly motivated to win it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would rather see disappear the "Finish [insert ridiculous amount] X hrs. productions" than the "Gain X population/happiness," honestly. While the latter is a bother, the former not only is a bother but also forces me to have Blacksmiths built and interferes with my daily cycles of productions.

Why does it seem like a fair prospect to expect all prizes to be premium prizes? Stop disappointing yourselves and stop doing the quests or the GE's or the Events and you won't be so disappointed when you win something for nothing (nobody is forcing you to spend diamonds - needed to mention that, of course) and it's not a "Great" prize!

Thanks HRC - Maybe the help in the OF research page needs to be updated. I'm constantly checking on the expansion counts so that I can perform my forward planning for the expansions.

I liked the change in Daily Challenge deleting the quest increase pop/happiness to asking for a payment of coin/supplies HOWEVER, how could anyone see an interesting opportunity in being rewarded with less supplies than being asked to pay, in addition to payment of coins and other tasks - where is the sense in this....

Daily Challenge.png

DeletedUser112098

Good point, General Boredom. I think the payments should be inferior to the minimum reward granted, so that the player really gets a gain from his/her DC.
Getting rid of quests that demand you to modify the layout of your city was a good idea. Pink.Buffoon's point about the "in a production building, finish a X-hour production Y times" is also interesting : What if you have a few, big production buildings like Goat Farms, Farms or Tobacco Plantations ? Maybe this kind of quest should be removed too, or at least, modified to require less completions, especially for bigger productions, or to ask for 4-hour productions at most (the 8-hour one is nearly impossible if you don't log in at the right time to collect your productions). Unless you build Blacksmiths, but they alter your city's layout and don't meet your needs in terms of supplies, especially if you're in later eras. Daily Challenges are still quite a new addition (a welcome one that spices up the game in my opinion), what they need to be even better is some tweaks.

However, putting Daily Challenges aside, I noticed a problem when navigating through my friends to visit their Taverns since yesterday : it takes a few seconds for the chair logos to update to the corresponding friend, making it easy to miss Taverns to visit.
For the cause of that, I don't know if it is a bug, or if it is due to my poor bandwidth this month.

Vesiger

Monarch
I do think a feature that requires players to build obsolete production buildings to complete the quests isn't working as intended - the blacksmith exploit shouldn't be a universal part of everybody's cities :?

DeletedUser112515

- I agree with getting rid of (or making alternatives to) the research a technology or the complete a province. Some of us like to move slowly through the ages, and enjoy making the most of one.
- I don't mind having to make happiness
- Is there a way to turn OFF the pvp? or at least not allow people from ages way beyond to attack and plunder? There is no reason for it—and it makes no sense in terms of the story line.
- I would prefer there not be a penalty for not completing a daily challenge

Agent327

Overlord
I do think a feature that requires players to build obsolete production buildings to complete the quests isn't working as intended - the blacksmith exploit shouldn't be a universal part of everybody's cities :?

Isn't everything what you have to do in the daily challenges obsolete?

- I agree with getting rid of (or making alternatives to) the research a technology or the complete a province. Some of us like to move slowly through the ages, and enjoy making the most of one.

That isn't part of this update

- I don't mind having to make happiness

Be happy about that

- Is there a way to turn OFF the pvp? or at least not allow people from ages way beyond to attack and plunder? There is no reason for it—and it makes no sense in terms of the story line.

No. Contact Support if someone is placed in the wrong neighbourhood.

- I would prefer there not be a penalty for not completing a daily challenge

In that case they will remove it.

Keep trying, you almost have the sounds effects perfect - lol - now they get stuck in a sound loop while doing GE battles.

+1 for the idea of not deducting a miss from the DQ's if we don't do a chose option. If a chose is activated then it's +1 or -1.

I forgot to mention - You guys also did a good job on screwing up our GB donation from the browser - it's as slow as doggy diamonds now - a real snipers delight from cell phones - thanks for the update - and in case no one else notices - another update just came out today - keep trying - why don't you programmers think out the problem instead of just throwing code at something?

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Keep trying, you almost have the sounds effects perfect - lol - now they get stuck in a sound loop while doing GE battles.

+1 for the idea of not deducting a miss from the DQ's if we don't do a chose option. If a chose is activated then it's +1 or -1.
My music is also still buggy as all hell, and still randomly drops out entirely...
Half or more of my sound effects now simply don't exist at all!
And yep, the 'sound effect looping' during battles is a real gem! >.<

The bug "fixes" here have so badly missed their targets that even Stormtroopers are laughing at Inno's poor aim! :P

Forwandert

Major-General
Can't see a post for the app update and it's on the same version so I'm posting this here.

The troops have been moved around on the army page. Rogues have been moved right to the far end. Doesn't sound a biggie but bearing in mind they are an all era troop you literally have to scroll through troops from every era you have in stock to get to them to use them. Assuming this is some kinda bug nobody in their right mind would have made this change.