• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.117

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hey all,

Lets kick off 2018 with a big update! Lots of smaller bugfixes in this update. If you've got any questions or comments for the update, leave them below! Check out the full list of changes here.

Thanks!

Richard & Team

Agent327

Overlord
Those "prettier" loadingscreens take a lot more time to load. Making the PC game look more and more like the app is nice, but it should be an improvement. Not an annoyance.

DeletedUser106696

Those "prettier" loadingscreens take a lot more time to load. Making the PC game look more and more like the app is nice, but it should be an improvement. Not an annoyance.

Yes... now just think how often you can "enjoy" that pretty (slow) loading screen if the dailies ram 93 5-min production down your throat ...
Was that really a top priority item? I can't recall to many players having asked for a pretty loading screen.

Good to see those bug fixes though :)

DeletedUser653

Yes... now just think how often you can "enjoy" that pretty (slow) loading screen if the dailies ram 93 5-min production down your throat ...
Was that really a top priority item? I can't recall to many players having asked for a pretty loading screen.

Good to see those bug fixes though :)
100% agree, not an improvement as it slows the game down by delaying the load. Really think anything which slows the game down should be debated here before Inno decides to make the change

DeletedUser14704

Agree about the loading screens, just more work for Flash to display frippery. :(
The GB happiness "fix" as shown does not make sense.
The Frauenkirche example shown actually DOES increase happiness at a constant rate every level, but the changed version now shows this happening on a sliding scale, much reduced in the early levels and only catching up to the norm at Level 10. So, basically another nerf on GBs. :(
Extremely saddened to see no attention paid to unfair neighbourhoods yet again, since a short golden period when these were announced, Inno have sadly slipped back to their old ways, and we are sick of plundering by players in Oceanic Future, complete with high level Krakens, in neighbourhoods of mainly Contemporary or below. Reshuffles don't move them, and support stick their head in the sand over the issue, even though it's clear that this is the major reason players quit the game.
Stop this pay to win mentality please for once and for all.

DeletedUser4727

Nice update..but what is the reason that you changed the more work recurring quest to normal
Essentially, it is supposed to be a normal quest, not a repeatable one.

Thanks for your feedback on the speed issues. I've not personally noticed slowdowns after the initial caching of the image occurred on my browser, but I'll pass it on.

Agree about the loading screens, just more work for Flash to display frippery. :(
The GB happiness "fix" as shown does not make sense.
The Frauenkirche example shown actually DOES increase happiness at a constant rate every level, but the changed version now shows this happening on a sliding scale, much reduced in the early levels and only catching up to the norm at Level 10. So, basically another nerf on GBs. :(
Extremely saddened to see no attention paid to unfair neighbourhoods yet again, since a short golden period when these were announced, Inno have sadly slipped back to their old ways, and we are sick of plundering by players in Oceanic Future, complete with high level Krakens, in neighbourhoods of mainly Contemporary or below. Reshuffles don't move them, and support stick their head in the sand over the issue, even though it's clear that this is the major reason players quit the game.
Stop this pay to win mentality please for once and for all.
Please contact support again if you've got a specific current example of the hood system giving this result, because this isn't working as intended.

Know what I like about the new update - besides the pretty loading screens - lol - The delayed sound effects.

Brings back memories of the old flicks dubbed with English and heard about a second or two later - lol. Gotta love it.

DeletedUser4727

Know what I like about the new update - besides the pretty loading screens - lol - The delayed sound effects.

Brings back memories of the old flicks dubbed with English and heard about a second or two later - lol. Gotta love it.
We've had a couple of reports of this, can I get you to fill out a bug report on the bugs forum so we can try and establish cause? Thanks!

DeletedUser

yes!... I have delayed sound effects also. previously there were occasional and very brief sound delays.... now they are very delayed and so much so the game just gave up trying to make any.

I am yet to learn if the battle sound effects are affected like this. And if they are then I will not play anymore.

Tex Snoot

Private
Thanks for the update. I appreciate the maintenance and bug fixes, though I don't like the new city expansion function; very distracting. I think I'm about to spend medals or coins accidentally every time I go to build something. I much preferred the old version.

DeletedUser

yes!... I have delayed sound effects also. previously there were occasional and very brief sound delays.... now they are very delayed and so much so the game just gave up trying to make any.

I am yet to learn if the battle sound effects are affected like this. And if they are then I will not play anymore.

I was concerned that the sound effects were not working in battles. Just started GE and there is no sound at all. Half the fun doing battles is all the sound effects of the units.

I was encouraged to report it in the BUGS section but I am told my privileges are insufficient.

This problem has only been since the update.

I will log in later and check... otherwise, that's it for me.... which is a shame, it's a well crafted and fun game.
I don't understand why games like this "require" improvements or enhancements? ... when it is perfectly fine just as it is.

My suggestion?... just leave it alone and let the players play. fiddling with it just messes it all up!

DeletedUser14704

Essentially, it is supposed to be a normal quest, not a repeatable one.

Thanks for your feedback on the speed issues. I've not personally noticed slowdowns after the initial caching of the image occurred on my browser, but I'll pass it on.

Please contact support again if you've got a specific current example of the hood system giving this result, because this isn't working as intended.

Sigh, Sovereign, everybody on the neighbourhood who has contacted support has been told they can't deal with it and recommend we post here on forum.
And here we're just being referred back to support.
Pretty obvious that because this exploit requires the purchase of a large number of diamonds, Inno are just hanging the rest of us out to dry. :(

DeletedUser4727

Sigh, Sovereign, everybody on the neighbourhood who has contacted support has been told they can't deal with it and recommend we post here on forum.
And here we're just being referred back to support.
Pretty obvious that because this exploit requires the purchase of a large number of diamonds, Inno are just hanging the rest of us out to dry. :(
I've just taken a look at the hood you're talking about. The player in question is not in OF, they are in Tomorrow. The hood balancing system doesn't account for what GBs a player has available to them, no. Your original post here claimed the player is OF in a TE hood, but this isn't the case, I'm afraid.

DeletedUser110419

Overall, a nice update. I didn't notice any slowdown as a result of the new loading screen, and it looks nice.

One issue, however, is the animation of the quest window. If you already have a Story Quest and a Bonus Quest, then when you cycle through the Recurring Quests, the animation lurches around like a drunken sailor. It used to be nice and smooth.

DeletedUser112071

Please remember that we are all getting updates through due to the security issue with our processors across most PC/Laptops/Phones so some of the slow down could be due to that.

DeletedUser111589

This update removed the good image after aiding due to dynamic tower. On app.

Some of stuff is still missing (not talking about GvG), the expansion reimage is quite annoying for me.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
We've had a couple of reports of this, can I get you to fill out a bug report on the bugs forum so we can try and establish cause? Thanks!
Just want to add to this, I've also been having massive issues regarding extremely wonky background music & non-existent/missing/lagging sound effects...

A new one yesterday, playing the GE, I'd gone into my Friend's Tavern to activate a boost, then proceeded to the GE screen, and suddenly I've got the GE music AND the Tavern music still playing on top of it!

I've put in to support about this, but figured I'd add another confirmation about the music/sounds being insanely buggy atm.