Hello Queens and Kings,
The very first update of the new year (1.117) will take place on January 8th 2018. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for inconvenience caused during this time. For a detailed description of the changes, please see the list below:
- We improved the way available expansion area is displayed (please note that this change will be enabled during the day, and not instantly with the update).
If you decide on placing an expansion, you can directly click on the selected spot. This will open a new expansion selection window:
All three types of expansion are listed there. You can also see how many of each you can still use, as well as any cost to place them!
- We improved the distribution of provided happiness in Great Buildings (level 1 to 10). Up until now, the difference in happiness provided between levels wasn't always an increase from the previous level. This will change now. Please note that the overall values of happiness on level 1 and level 10 (and of course all levels beyond 10) remain unchanged.
An example based on the Frauenkirche of Dresden Great Building:
Frauenkirche of Dresden
- The quest "More Work" was changed from recurring to a normal, one-time quest.
- Loading screens are now prettier and work in the full-screen mode. They will welcome you every time you load the game:
This version introduces quite a few bugfixes. For simplicity, we divided them into groups:
Great Building bugfixes:
- When using the autobattle feature on both waves of a 2-wave battle, two charges were visually removed from the Kraken's buff icon. After reloading the game, the second charge was visually added again in the buff panel. This problem was now solved.
Daily Challenges bugfixes:
- The display of "PM" and "AM" was reversed for noon and midnight in the Daily Challenge starting time picker. The time will now be displayed in the correct manner
- If a 'gain happiness' or 'gain population' request was active in both quests and Daily Challenges, gained happiness or population would only count towards one of them. It will now count everywhere.
- In the cases where there were more than one Guild Expedition-related conditions active at the same time, it could happen that not enough remaining encounters were available. This shouldn't happen anymore.
Battle and army bugfixes:
- After continuing a two-wave battle from the "Unfinished Business" pop-up, an internal error could occur, if the Auto Battle functionality was used. This error shouldn't occur anymore.
- An internal error could occur when using the Auto Battle functionality to quickly complete several encounters in a row.
- Instead of using their own standard attack, rogues were able to use the special abilities of other units, before transforming into them. Now they will only attack with the special ability after transforming into another unit.
- Using mouse wheel to scroll back to the beginning of the unit pool in the Army Management window, resulted in some empty slots being displayed. This will not be happening any more.
City and building bugfixes:
- Description text in the set overview window could be truncated in a way that made it unreadable. It was now rearranged to avoid this problem.
- No Guild Power blimp as shown when plundering it from a building. It will be now displayed correctly.
- When using a Friends Tavern boost and a boost item of the same kind at the same time, the Boost Overview of the Friends Tavern was showing the remaining time of the item. This problem was fixed and the correct remaining time will be shown now.
- The pagination buttons were not visible in the in the building menu's expansion tab, if all three expansion types were available. We have now removed the pagination buttons from the expansion tab.
- When creating multiple trade offers of the same kind, it could happen that the entered numbers were cleared despite still having enough goods available.This problem has been solved.
- Players with certain unusual characters in their nicknames could only login using their e-mail address. From now, login with username will be also possible for them.
- The sale icon was kept on the side bar even after the sale has ended. The icon will disappear immediately from now on.
- Special sales were only appearing after reloading the game. The offers should now also pop-up for logged in players.
- It could happen, that the Quest Overview did not update and remained empty after completing a quest. This shouldn't occur anymore.
- The medal icon was overlaying the number of rewarded medals in the PvP tournament ranking windows, especially when the numbers were large. This was adjusted, so the digits should not be hidden anymore.
In the meantime, our development team is working on some final polishing touches to our new Forge Bowl event, as well as on several mobile-related improvements.
Keep an eye on our Beta server to be always up to date!
Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!
If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please click here or visit us on Facebook!
Your Forge of Empires Team