• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.105

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys

Sorry, forgot to post this. This is for discussing the update. Its another short bug fixy type update, but feel free to ask any questions below. Check out the full announcement here.

Thanks

Richard

tashinsha

Private
My screen flickers an awful lot today, since that last update. I generally keep all 3 of my worlds open on 3 tabs, and as of today, whenever I switch tabs the screen flickers/blinks once. And on my continent map, as i was choosing my army to fight for the sectors, it kept flickering on me. Is this a new bug?

DeletedUser4089

My screen flickers an awful lot today, since that last update. I generally keep all 3 of my worlds open on 3 tabs, and as of today, whenever I switch tabs the screen flickers/blinks once. And on my continent map, as i was choosing my army to fight for the sectors, it kept flickering on me. Is this a new bug?
Can confirm flickering when switching between tabs of different worlds.
Is this possibly to counter the Chrome caching issue?

Edit: Flicker wasn't there before the update. No software or hardware changes on my side.

DeletedUser109966

My screen flickers a lot since the update as well... and pop up window actions randomly fail to open...

Boorg

Captain
Same issues here, browser screen flickers, is unstable with a substantial increase in more frequent crashes.

DeletedUser16112

When switching between browser tabs in Chrome, the game flickers violently for a short moment, then works normally. No other problems noticed.

My chat no longer works neither can I enter GvG maps; good job FOE.
Got to love the FOE developers - if it isn't broke; break it!

DeletedUser109966

When visiting other players cities they are taking forever to load, or failing to load correctly... I also couldn't open my military camp to make a new unit for ages today, despite numerous refreshes.... this was a very poorly tested patch.

DeletedUser11849

Anyone been having problems with the game over the last week? Game starts up ok, but if I leave and go into another tab to check emails etc when I come back the game if frozen and I have to reboot it. Also having problems today with attacking other players, set up my army and then click attack and the bar comes up to show that it is laoding then just freezes.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Fixed, no proplem for log in anymore ;)

______

Well I had some flickering today and yesterday, especially on Guild Expedition an on "Expansion Map" -

Now I can not log in from neither Chrome or Firefox.

It does not even load the landing page fully. Though "LOG IN" and "Arvahall" can be clicked, then it stalls with the background image.

From the browser activity it appears to have problems transferring data from Facebook among other things. also "us3.mashtags..." seasm to take a while.

After about 1 Minute the screen with the new background image is simply stalled and prompts no more activity to log in or load.

Last edited:

DeletedUser109966

I can't even log in now... the game is unplayable in its current condition... I'll leave it for today, if it still plays the same over the next few days I'll move on and find a more stable game play to play.

tashinsha

Private
It would be nice if our messages reporting these problems were at least acknowledged and some hope was given. 3 days since they began and we havent heard anything to give us hope that we are being heard nor that these problems will be taken care of.

DeletedUser4089

It would be nice if our messages reporting these problems were at least acknowledged and some hope was given. 3 days since they began and we havent heard anything to give us hope that we are being heard nor that these problems will be taken care of.
You are being heard and these issues will be taken care of as soon as possible.

DeletedUser109296

Do not care at all for the new GB contribution pop-up, it's too slow, and what's this BS about automatically digging into my FP stash if I don't have enough in my hourly FP total? What happens if the counter decided to add a FP like it has been doing for a LO-O-ONG time? Do I loose a FP pack? And why wasn't this change listed in the update changes?

DeletedUser110195

Do not care at all for the new GB contribution pop-up, it's too slow, and what's this BS about automatically digging into my FP stash if I don't have enough in my hourly FP total? What happens if the counter decided to add a FP like it has been doing for a LO-O-ONG time? Do I loose a FP pack? And why wasn't this change listed in the update changes?

It's really easy to avoid doing this.....don't click the left or center button, the right button will only ever take points from the bar.

Amy Steele

General

Can confirm flickering when switching between tabs of different worlds.
Is this possibly to counter the Chrome caching issue?

Edit: Flicker wasn't there before the update. No software or hardware changes on my side.

This is indeed to counter the Chrome issue. Unfortunately as the original screen freeze issue is with Chrome, and not on our side, we have to wait for Chrome to fix this. The flashing screen is a temporary workaround for the freezing issue while we await the fix from Chrome.

You can find any updates we have on this issue here.

Boorg

Captain
This is indeed to counter the Chrome issue. Unfortunately as the original screen freeze issue is with Chrome, and not on our side, we have to wait for Chrome to fix this. The flashing screen is a temporary workaround for the freezing issue while we await the fix from Chrome.

It may be as you say but I have experienced the screen freeze issue since I started playing in January 2016 and this screen freeze issue happens on other browsers as well so it might not be 100% Chrome related. Further more since the screen freeze issue has been there for such a long time (years and not temporary) it’s probable that it will remain so nothing is fixed and now we have other issues plus a useless flashing screen.

What is certain and 100% related to this said workaround is that Chrome is now crashing more frequently than it did before Update 1.105 therefore this workaround has created more issues and problems and most probably solved none.