• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.97

DeletedUser4727

Hey guys,

This thread is for discussing our upcoming update to version 1.97. You can find the full announcement here. The update looks good! Some long awaited changes and bugfixes.

Enjoy!

DeletedUser12400

Sometimes when switching to a new difficulty in the Guild Expeditions you may have forgotten to pick up a relic from the Temple of Relics. Now, if you try to switch difficulties and still have relics on the current map, you'll be prompted to go back and find them. No more lost relics!
As some guilds reached the current maximum guild level of 60, we decided to add a few more guild levels to the game. Now you are able to level your guild up to level 75 and get even better bonuses!
When opening the guild ranking, always the very first page was displayed. Now the ranking shows your guild instead.
foe_fanclub.png
If you've been playing Forge of Empires for years now, you can show it to your friends.
Collected Forge Points were sometimes not visible on the Forge Points bar without a page refresh.
Great update! Thank you. I'm looking forward new guild levels and FoE Fan Club achievement.

DeletedUser11207

When you open the Town Hall, has it been changed back to the News tab being the one that opens by default, not the Boosts tab?

I use the News tab several times a day. I've not ONCE yet found a reason to want to visit the Boosts tab.

DeletedUser99950

The performance updates sound great. Clicking on Town Hall should default to News. The extra achievements are nice :)

DeletedUser106696

great! I really need those new "cool" achievement just as desperately as a hole in my head... and as far as the event log goes, loading this on a page by page basis was the worst possible decision to alleviate the loading time.

If any of the clowns "responsible" for the further direction of FoE had actually played beyond the level of the tutorial, you may have realised that many players aid from the event log, which is now likely to take 5 times as long as previously. Why on earth do you want to watch out for feedback on this. You had quite a lot of feedback on Beta begging you to de-junk the event log to its old efficient self.

How much more feedback do you need to ignore?

DeletedUser110607

Any chance they can fix the drop down boxes in the trade window? You open one and start to scroll and it closes. You have to click on it a second time to get it to stay open. Can get annoying when you have several trades to post. This is on the PC btw.

DeletedUser96901

where is the "Holy GB" achievement for reaching level 100 with one GB ?

or the "you are a real GE fighter" which players get for doing all 64 stages of the GE with fighting

DeletedUser4727

I've actually had a bit of a mess on Beta with the new way Event History is handled, and I'm not sure which I prefer as of yet. I guess we will see what player feeling is once we have some feedback to give :)

DeletedUser96901

I've actually had a bit of a mess on Beta with the new way Event History is handled, and I'm not sure which I prefer as of yet. I guess we will see what player feeling is once we have some feedback to give :)
I prefer the one that don't freeze my browser for 20 seconds every time the game forces the event history to open

DeletedUser104833

The Great Building Achievement- wouldn't it be more of an achievement to have a large combined number of GB levels in one's town instead of a large number of GB's...potentially low level ones.

DeletedUser106696

The Great Building Achievement- wouldn't it be more of an achievement to have a large combined number of GB levels in one's town instead of a large number of GB's...potentially low level ones.

Remember, this comes from the same clowns who give folks with thousands of battles to their name an achievement for winning 100... How and why do you expect that any thought went into this tosh?

DeletedUser108047

Just checked out the forthcoming event via the Beta link above. I think Inno have missed a great opportunity to introduce a variant on the rogue hideout - imagine how cool a Ninja Lair would be - perhaps with a variant or secondary ability of stealth?

DeletedUser653

• The time to load the Event History screen was getting longer over time as new elements were added. Depending on the strength of your computer and the amount of entries to load, the long load could, for example, cause significant 'lag' after switching back to the city when the Event History would show up. We've significantly shortened the time it takes to open the Event History by having it only load the page of data that will be displayed. This does add loading when switching pages, but we think that this is an improvement to the overall experience. We'll keep an eye on the feedback!
  • As some guilds reached the current maximum guild level of 60, we decided to add a few more guild levels to the game. Now you are able to level your guild up to level 75 and get even better bonuses! ......

Not sure if pushing the load time back to individual page loads when you are aiding neighbors is the best solution but as a stopgap it might work on temp basis. So holding fire if good or bad till i see it in action.

Guild levels well over due and about time, thankyou. Perhaps next time when a guild gets to L72 you can start work on this instead of leaving it till they are 4 levels past the max level, pretty easy to forecast when we need new levels.

EdTheGreat

Private
The good:

-Oceanic Battle Map is better, way easier with my eyes, still needs work but thank you for that.
-Event History is loading faster, thank you for that.

The Bad:

- Oceanic Champ unchanged, badly needs to have stats revised…
-Event History has unnecessary Profile and Tavern information.

The Ugly:

- Achievements and their scaling.

Suggestions:

I understand you have different game platforms and they have different needs, however, you will never be able to make a product that works seamlessly on all of them, the Event History on the PC needs to be made lighter, remove Profile and Tavern info from it.

Achievements need to have a better scaling, for example the Victory achievement, starts so low then jumps a little which is fine then goes sky high to 50.000 battles...You realize how long it takes to win 50.000 battles? Also, whats the point to have it displayed to everyone if no one can distinguish my 5.000 battles from the next guy that has 300? Make it so that the Icon will have difference colors according to the level of the achievement, that way everyone knows everyone’s real accomplishments.

Last but certainly not least, make us all happy and give the hundreds of requests in these forums the filter on the Army Management Screen to remember the age we select, that seems not hard to implement and it makes a HUGE difference on cutting down the loading speed, you do that and you will have a shower of positive feedback...

Last edited:

DeletedUser4727

Hey all,

Looking for feedback on the event history changes, please :)

joesoap

Major-General
Hey all,

Looking for feedback on the event history changes, please :)
excellent, i'll give my opinion on it
the aid button was introduced to speed up motivating & polishing & this change which just adds delays, feels like a step backwards.
I get that the event history reopens after so many actions, adding to gbs, visiting other cities, refreshing etc if there is something new added to it so not having the delay for the 1st page everytime the history shows up may be a good thing but as a player i prefer the old way, i use my event history to aid & have to scroll through dozens of pages and the delay between each page is annoying & adds so much time, for the 1st 10 pages where most of the players can be aided its not much of a big deal but as you get further along & there are fewer players that haven't already been aided earlier in the history its very annoying not to be able to quickly skip through these pages