• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.90

DeletedUser11899

I'm not going to rant about the "re-balancing" of rail guns even though it's an inconvenience to me. What is annoying is the lack of foresight with which this has been done.

Because AF has been released in stages, we do not yet have an AF artillery unit with high enough defense to tackle the battle fortress. The dragon drone doesn't get close enough to make an attack on its first turn, and the only other AF unit with a boost against the fortress is the recon rider, which is now very weak and easily picked off despite the fortress having no bonuses against them.

Once again this seems like an ill informed change which is poorly thought out. It seems obvious to me that if a lower age unit is beating a higher age one then it is the higher age unit which needs attention.

I'd say its exactly the opposite, with the changes recon raider becomes a really powerful unit. In the first move a raider can hit now almost any unit. Its bonus against heavy units has more than doubled:

Recon Raider suffered weakness in the similar way to Surrogate Solider:
  • Speed: from 26 to 36.
  • Range: from 4 to 8
  • Bonus against artillery: from 120 to 160.
  • Bonus against heavy units: from 60 to 140.
  • Terrain defense bonus in entrenchments: from 50 to 80.
  • Terrain defense bonus on rubble:from 35 to 40.
  • Dug-in skill bonus: from 50 to 60.

I'm not going to rant about the "re-balancing" of rail guns even though it's an inconvenience to me. What is annoying is the lack of foresight with which this has been done.

Because AF has been released in stages, we do not yet have an AF artillery unit with high enough defense to tackle the battle fortress. The dragon drone doesn't get close enough to make an attack on its first turn, and the only other AF unit with a boost against the fortress is the recon rider, which is now very weak and easily picked off despite the fortress having no bonuses against them.

Once again this seems like an ill informed change which is poorly thought out. It seems obvious to me that if a lower age unit is beating a higher age one then it is the higher age unit which needs attention.

I think it might be more accurate to say that the change was not ill-informed but rather a change driven by those that want the game to play more like a tea party instead of a battle game. The tavern and it's chore driven aspects denote that. The game that was once a great battle game is now becoming a game driven by the few to make it a game of tea party players.

What's next? We can only wait and see, but we can guess it won't be battle oriented. Oh well! That's the nature of these types of games. Seen it all to often: Weaken the game to cater to the weak; if it wouldn't be out of place I would state how it likens itself to the real world of political groups. I'll leave that to everyone's imagination.

DeletedUser109221

WTF changing how troops perform, moving the goal posts again.... sick of you clowns messing with the game. So all the RG's I've spent a year building up are wasted what is wrong with you people. Players set up their game to build up a certain way and then you change things again and again.... wish I could get all my money back I have spent on diamonds....clowns

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
WTF changing how troops perform, moving the goal posts again.... sick of you clowns messing with the game. So all the RG's I've spent a year building up are wasted what is wrong with you people. Players set up their game to build up a certain way and then you change things again and again.... wish I could get all my money back I have spent on diamonds....clowns
Another 'satisfied' customer I see heheheeeee :lol:

DeletedUser109385

Seems like everyone in here is "addicted" to rail guns:lol: Honestly I don't care how much the rail guns have been nerfed as I am nowhere around to getting them;) Also I can suggest a brilliant improvement for your next update, MAKE SPEARFIGHTERS HAVE MOVEMENT SPEED OF 16:mad:

DeletedUser109096

Can you brainless 'keyboard warriors' do battles without overpowered Rail Guns:? good update indeed:P no more points farming for 1 player 'Guilds' with low Alcatraz:lol:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I'd say its exactly the opposite, with the changes recon raider becomes a really powerful unit. In the first move a raider can hit now almost any unit. Its bonus against heavy units has more than doubled:

I can see your arguement, but although the raider can "hit" any target straight away, the fortress takes at least 4 hits to take down. Raiders are dead before they can do much damage to them.

EdTheGreat

Private
Will leave my last post on this as there’s nothing we may say or do that makes any difference.

After almost 500 battles in all kinds of different setups in GE, GvG and PvP I must say that with exception of the Rail Gun, this was a good rebalanced, you now have a way better grasp to what units can do and pretty much all of them have their use, that is a very good thing, props to the Devs for that, however the RG’s were not an issue, problem with Devs (not just in here) is instead of adjusting units with higher stats to correct a possible in-balance with another unit that may have its stats high, they grab the nerf bat, that in turn leads to a grind, I don’t like a game that makes me grind like a nut, I want to have fun, so, if there’s in-balance, make units more powerful, please don’t nerf them, let me keep my fun...

DeletedUser98451

I understand the reasoning for weakening RG's, i don't like it but i understand it. What i don't understand is the timing, would it not have been more logical, and probably ruffled fewer feathers, to wait until all the AF units were available, as it is we have no viable artillery unit now which is making GE difficult to complete

DeletedUser6974

and now the AI targets the soldiers that are there for the rogues, AI wipes them out first then nothing to use for second battle in GE, of course diamonds will revive them, so another way to push diamonds.... sorry Inno...no sale here for your diamonds.

DeletedUser103987

I get why the rail guns were made weaker but if you're going to do so then it makes more sense to me if you remove their ability to only go every 2 turns. Not to mention someone else in this thread made a fantastic point, so many people have moved into Future Arctic so can take advantage of the buff but then you have all the people who stayed in FE while the developers continue to fail to find a use for all of these Future Arctic goods which we are stocking up? There should either be a USE for these FA goods or the Arc, Atom and Obs should start to produce something of actual worth (either FE goods or medals, but then medals isn't really an issue).

DeletedUser106696

I get why the rail guns were made weaker but if you're going to do so then it makes more sense to me if you remove their ability to only go every 2 turns. Not to mention someone else in this thread made a fantastic point, so many people have moved into Future Arctic so can take advantage of the buff but then you have all the people who stayed in FE while the developers continue to fail to find a use for all of these Future Arctic goods which we are stocking up? There should either be a USE for these FA goods or the Arc, Atom and Obs should start to produce something of actual worth (either FE goods or medals, but then medals isn't really an issue).

Forget it... the ship for "useful" AF guild goods has sailed long ago :( Mature guilds have accumulated so many goods that anything needing meaningful numbers of goods would be prohibitively expensive for younger guilds and will hence not be implemented.

The only way I can see would be an option to select the age on the guild GB, so that the AF mountain doesn't get even bigger... perhaps do this with a price tag of 25,000 tavern silver for each change of age?

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
and now the AI targets the soldiers that are there for the rogues, AI wipes them out first then nothing to use for second battle in GE...

For some fights in GE you need to have 3 or 4 regular units along with your rogues so they don't get wiped out by the new AI. You lose more troops than before, but at least you can get through it.

Another problem seems to be the supposed "random" conversion of rogues into other units. Today I fought with 1 rail, 1 fortress and 6 rogues. 3 times in a row, the rogues all turned into the same unit. Of course that can happen by chance, but it seems to happen regularly. The odds of all 6 rogues turning into the same unit is 1 in 2 to the power of 5, giving 1 chance in 32. To happen 3 times in a row the odds are 1 in 32768. I think they need a new random number generator.

DeletedUser

For some fights in GE you need to have 3 or 4 regular units along with your rogues so they don't get wiped out by the new AI. You lose more troops than before, but at least you can get through it.

Another problem seems to be the supposed "random" conversion of rogues into other units. Today I fought with 1 rail, 1 fortress and 6 rogues. 3 times in a row, the rogues all turned into the same unit. Of course that can happen by chance, but it seems to happen regularly. The odds of all 6 rogues turning into the same unit is 1 in 2 to the power of 5, giving 1 chance in 32. To happen 3 times in a row the odds are 1 in 32768. I think they need a new random number generator.

It isn't 1/32. It's 1/2*2/3*3/4*4/5*5/6*6/7= 1/7

Rogue conversions are based on the unit composition of the non-rogues in your army, just like alcatraz gives you units with odds based on the # of each barracks.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
It isn't 1/32. It's 1/2*2/3*3/4*4/5*5/6*6/7= 1/7

I've just written a long reply then realised that if the conversion rate is based on existing converted rogues then your numbers are correct. I thought the conversion was based on original units, which would give 1/32.

Very interesting! Perhaps two regular units is not enough to give a balanced conversion for the rogues.

Even so the chances of 3 battles in a row going all one way would be 1/7 x 1/7 x 1/7 = 1/343 which is pretty long odds.

Last edited:

DeletedUser11899

Congradulations, you finaly made GE strong enough so we must use diamonds to finish it...

not necessarily, imho, it depends on the attack power, skills (and even the available time) each player has

vlahia

Private
and now the AI targets the soldiers that are there for the rogues, AI wipes them out first then nothing to use for second battle in GE, of course diamonds will revive them, so another way to push diamonds.... sorry Inno...no sale here for your diamonds.
You are right, at first I will stop fighting in GE and later I will stop playing this game finaly :)