• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.71

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser4727

Please find the full announcement here.

We hope you enjoy the update and its changes!

DeletedUser5514

I had no idea that there was a "very rare" bug regarding receiving the wrong amount of fps from packages earned in GBs... i hope i wasnt affected by it

DeletedUser11672

Well it looks like the all new lame easter event is being set up on the worlds bringing with it the array of bugs sigh as if by magic we end up with no roads some worlds insensetive buildings some worlds unable to access the world after refresh some worlds stuck at 50%67% sighand a error occurred,oh and not forgetting missing army personel in the pvp and gvg that causes a freeze then refresh and if lucky you get in the world......sad i know we go from mess to mess.....and before everyone leapts to the defence do not need silly flags with messages telling me that i phone sam can now see messages he is lucky we cannot fight move worlds and set production and enjoy a great game so sad......and if any of the mods want to get in touch fine.....any developers want to explain why the main worlds are suffering great....and the other 20 bugs that wander about.....regards baz

DeletedUser4727

I had no idea that there was a "very rare" bug regarding receiving the wrong amount of fps from packages earned in GBs... i hope i wasnt affected by it
Thanks for your comment. The bug really was one which wasn't found to be impacting many accounts. I'd say the fact that people weren't aware of it being an issue is a good indication that it wasn't particularly wide spread.

Well it looks like the all new lame easter event is being set up on the worlds bringing with it the array of bugs sigh as if by magic we end up with no roads some worlds insensetive buildings some worlds unable to access the world after refresh some worlds stuck at 50%67% sighand a error occurred,oh and not forgetting missing army personel in the pvp and gvg that causes a freeze then refresh and if lucky you get in the world......sad i know we go from mess to mess.....and before everyone leapts to the defence do not need silly flags with messages telling me that i phone sam can now see messages he is lucky we cannot fight move worlds and set production and enjoy a great game so sad......and if any of the mods want to get in touch fine.....any developers want to explain why the main worlds are suffering great....and the other 20 bugs that wander about.....regards baz
Thanks also for your comments and concerns. I understand your frustrations, I really do. There are of course times where bugs we don't want to come through to the live servers do make it through, despite the best efforts of both the Beta moderation staff and the Developers in Hamburg. I am among those who is hoping that the mix up in our Community Management team will lead to a stronger relationship between Beta and the live servers from all countries, and result in a combined effort to improve things going forward. Thanks for your patience and continued support of our game, I know we don't always get it right, but we're working to make improvements.

Richard

DeletedUser5180

Thanks for your comment. The bug really was one which wasn't found to be impacting many accounts. I'd say the fact that people weren't aware of it being an issue is a good indication that it wasn't particularly wide spread.

Thanks also for your comments and concerns. I understand your frustrations, I really do. There are of course times where bugs we don't want to come through to the live servers do make it through, despite the best efforts of both the Beta moderation staff and the Developers in Hamburg. I am among those who is hoping that the mix up in our Community Management team will lead to a stronger relationship between Beta and the live servers from all countries, and result in a combined effort to improve things going forward. Thanks for your patience and continued support of our game, I know we don't always get it right, but we're working to make improvements.

Richard

Richard, one of the main concerns here on en is that updates arrive here with bugs that have been reported on beta but are not fixed first.... Perhaps a longer period of time is needed between beta and live server release of updates and new features?

If there was a case of players not getting all fp rewards due to them will the bug fix find all cases of this and retrospectively award them?

I've noticed a refreshing change recently where inno staff are admitting to problems and in some cases agreeing with players grievances rather than defending them (INNO) at all costs and that is a step in the right direction imo

DeletedUser653

I beg to differ because 99% of players do not monitor if the package they earnt was correctly added to our total FP count, we assume that INNO can do this without having to stop and double check every time we get a package. The low number of complaints is because very few players monitor it and less would have noticed it.

Richard

Richard, the complaint is that we have a beta server but do not use it to fix the bugs before they get pushed to the rest of the servers and here i only refer to the reported bugs some of which are reported in the first few days of the update in beta but still then make it into production. I can remember players begging for fixes or for updates to be only made after the fix was done but we seem to get very little feed back on reported bug and never get any feed back on the bigger ones thats for sure. To a beta player it seems that there is no resources to do bug fixing so we get the simple ones fixed but anything bigger comes over from beta to here.
Its not a complaint about the CCM but about INNO not fixing bugs found in BETA before sending the update across to the main servers - After all this is what Beta is for !!

akbhoy67 - you beat me to that reply :)

DeletedUser106685

A guild friend of mine received an FP reward of more than 1,000 FP, but it wasn't in his inventory.
He had to e-mail support several times to convince them that it was missing, because they kept repeating that they can see that he received it.
Only he didn't. It took a lot of effort to get support to give him his packages manually.
I'm happy this bug is solved.

Obviously a 1,000 FP reward missing doesn't go unnoticed. But how many players have missed out on those 5 FP to 20 FP rewards that weren't credited correctly? Nobody knows. And the above story tells me that support also doesn't know, and can't restore any lost packages retroactively, because they can't see it from their side.
So good job on fixing this bug :)

DeletedUser97688

What's this about another new historical quest?

I'm going to say I like these, because of the little decos/buildings rewards that they give. I hope the next one does, too - though have we heard anything about it before now?

DeletedUser4727

I beg to differ because 99% of players do not monitor if the package they earnt was correctly added to our total FP count, we assume that INNO can do this without having to stop and double check every time we get a package. The low number of complaints is because very few players monitor it and less would have noticed it.
An entirely valid point, I agree. As I say, I've looked at the bug report itself, and it does look like a rare case, based on the report. That being said, it should be fixed now, which is what is important. Thats not to say that I am dismissive of those who lost as a result of this bug, and more that I am glad that the bug was found, nailed, and removed.

Richard, one of the main concerns here on en is that updates arrive here with bugs that have been reported on beta but are not fixed first.... Perhaps a longer period of time is needed between beta and live server release of updates and new features?

If there was a case of players not getting all fp rewards due to them will the bug fix find all cases of this and retrospectively award them?

Richard, the complaint is that we have a beta server but do not use it to fix the bugs before they get pushed to the rest of the servers and here i only refer to the reported bugs some of which are reported in the first few days of the update in beta but still then make it into production. I can remember players begging for fixes or for updates to be only made after the fix was done but we seem to get very little feed back on reported bug and never get any feed back on the bigger ones thats for sure. To a beta player it seems that there is no resources to do bug fixing so we get the simple ones fixed but anything bigger comes over from beta to here.
Its not a complaint about the CCM but about INNO not fixing bugs found in BETA before sending the update across to the main servers - After all this is what Beta is for !!

akbhoy67 - you beat me to that reply :)
Thanks for your comments, both of you. As the old CM of the Beta, I'm sure you know I am intimately aware of the issues around ZZ and EN. I'd love to tell you that I think that a different update cycle will be considered, indeed its something I've campaigned for in the past, but wasn't able to achieve. With that all being said, I honestly feel that the changes made to the CM team will have an impact on things. I know that the Beta team itself isn't ultimately responsible for things, but I think Darkstar giving a fresh set of eyes on Beta will help it to thrive and improve, and as a result, I think we will start to see a better quality product delivered. Honestly, I care greatly for Beta, so if I didn't think that things would improve, I wouldn't have moved. I agree that when it comes down to it, the brunt of the work has to come from the developers and PM team in Hamburg, but what I am trying to say is that I am confident that with an improved
or rather, reshuffled CM Team, we will see an improved Forge as a whole.

I've noticed a refreshing change recently where inno staff are admitting to problems and in some cases agreeing with players grievances rather than defending them (INNO) at all costs and that is a step in the right direction imo
InnoGames are my employer, so, I'm afraid you won't see me outwardly speaking against them, that simply isn't my style. What you can expect from me is simple. Myself and my team are the voice of the players, and I want that voice heard. When I tell you 'I'll pass your feedback on', I need you all to trust that I mean it. I don't say it to be dismissive, or be defensive of anyone, I do it because for the most part, that is what I'm here to do. In the end, we all want the same thing - for Forge to be the best it can be for everyone.

Thank you,

Richard

DeletedUser6065

' . . . The bug really was one which wasn't found to be impacting many accounts. I'd say the fact that people weren't aware of it being an issue is a good indication that it wasn't particularly wide spread. . . '.
Would be pretty funny if the bug was in Alcatraz.
. . . . . mk

DeletedUser106696

Another poxy little history quest... Really???

What about getting the next age out of the door instead? When I mentioned that we get another one of those back to school lessons to my guild, there were 2 responses only:
a) not another one - I simply cannot scout and conquer any more provinces
b) Will I be able to get the watchfires that are denied to junior players during Easter?

Not a single soul went yah - a quest ;)

DeletedUser5180

Another poxy little history quest... Really???

What about getting the next age out of the door instead? When I mentioned that we get another one of those back to school lessons to my guild, there were 2 responses only:
a) not another one - I simply cannot scout and conquer any more provinces
b) Will I be able to get the watchfires that are denied to junior players during Easter?

Not a single soul went yah - a quest ;)

Why are watch fires denied to junior players during Easter? The old style event had them available to all players no matter their age/era. If they are available in this event then in no way will they be available for some players and not others so I find that statement pretty confusing

As to the next era... Why rush when the game badly needs many areas fixing which should be the devs priority?

DeletedUser106696

Why are watch fires denied to junior players during Easter? The old style event had them available to all players no matter their age/era. If they are available in this event then in no way will they be available for some players and not others so I find that statement pretty confusing

As to the next era... Why rush when the game badly needs many areas fixing which should be the devs priority?

Well, what I currently see in my guild are players who started after Easter last year being quite mercilessly plundered by players who site happily behind 20 or more watchfires most likely obtained in the last 2 Easter events. I was hoping that those players could at least put down some semi-decent defense - but as it stands, single watchfires will be hundreds of eggs :(
So yes, you're right they are denied to all players - it's just not so much of an issue to who had the chance to stock up in the previous years.

And as to the next area - I'd wholeheartedly agree with you if the devs WERE fixing bugs, but I do not enjoy those poxy micro back-to school events (Columbus, MLK, leap year...) If I want to know about any of these I'd go Wikipedia instead of collecting 200 coins, followed by polishing 2 hoodies... :D

DeletedUser653

I think hes referring to the situation where we were able to get lots of them in the 1st year and now they are not being offered again, hence its newer players that cannot get them, but I agree when they are offered anyone can get them. But not sure i need any more as got lots :)

DeletedUser100832

watchfires are waste of useful space. I love it when I see players in rival guilds with 50+ watchfires, means that they don't have enough space for more useful buildings.

DeletedUser2989

We don't have any official start date for the Easter Event on this server yet, but keep an eye out for the Announcement. :)

Edit: I should add there there is this:
in the march tv episode where it is discussed it shows the the event runs from march 15th til april 4th
http://prntscr.com/aahdir
But it's subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator: