• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.69

• Thread starter DeletedUser98639
  • Start date

DeletedUser12400

Rotating building and rotating animation are two different things.

I can't wait for the update and i hope that new bugs won't appear :hide::lol:

DeletedUser12400

There will be a delay of the addition of Guild Conversations. This will happen next week when the mobile app is upgraded.
Is there any reason to DELAY!?

DeletedUser16026

There's an issue with it being accessible on browser while not being accessible on mobile apps, so the Guild Conversation will only be activated once the mobile apps have been updated (which happens a day or two after all other markets are updated, so it will take place about 8 days after our update takes place).

DeletedUser12400

There's an issue with it being accessible on browser while not being accessible on mobile apps, so the Guild Conversation will only be activated once the mobile apps have been updated (which happens a day or two after all other markets are updated, so it will take place about 8 days after our update takes place).
Thank you for your clarification ;)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
would love to see rotating buildings not the actual building but just the animation so it doesn't eliminate the city building challenge.
but then it will also take precious time of devs as 2-3 animations/building is a lot of work.
so for now i think it would be better if they focus on playability of the game...too many bugs and lagg.:(

Remember though that the art team is different to the Dev team. So while new artwork appears for bronze age, it didn't require actual game devs to do that.

And on the Rotation of buildings, and that massive excuse that it's "a part of the gameplay" xD (it's not a hard game, and building placement is Incredibly, incredibly, easy, I only want to rotate for "design" and "look" reasons, because I don't like everything facing the same direction, I want to design cool looking plots, and you can't do that for real while everything faces the same direction.

like for good production, I'd love to put 4 4x4 goods buildings in a 8x8 square all facing each other so it looks like they are connected ect. (even uneven numbers could be a full 180 spin rotation for this purpose, it'd be cool to see the back of buildings)

I wish the main building was even numbers too for this purpose.

but ah well, I see this same thing has been brought up countless times, so I already know I'll never have my place looking how I wish it looked ;-;

Vesiger

Monarch
An upgrade to the mobile app announced itself today, along with the usual instruction not to close the app until it had finished - but I don't see the advertised new features (e.g. guild treasury), and it still announces itself as 1.68.3 even after a cache flush and restart.
Was that it, or will there be a further update?

DeletedUser16026

An upgrade to the mobile app announced itself today, along with the usual instruction not to close the app until it had finished - but I don't see the advertised new features (e.g. guild treasury), and it still announces itself as 1.68.3 even after a cache flush and restart.
Was that it, or will there be a further update?
Can you please let me know from which store you're getting the app (iTunes, Google Play, Amazon). Thanks. :)

Vesiger

Monarch
I originally got it from the Google app store. But the update arrived of its own accord; I didn't actively go to see whether it had been released yet and then download it.

Edit: right, I did a manual search for FoE on the app store and another update. That seems to have done the trick - at least, I can now see the Guild treasury (it's empty ;-)

I can't find the new guild message feature, though: no method for admins to create one, and no omnipresent thread atop the existing messages...

The most noticeable thing is the constantly animated countdown to the next Forge Point at the top of the screen. My immediate reaction is that all those extra screen updates are going to be burning battery life :-(
(Did we really need a live countdown? If we actually wanted to know when the next FP was due, we already had the option to click on the display: most of the time this really isn't useful infomation, and it's a processor-cycle-burning distraction.)

Meanwhile we still have the invisible grey stars to 'highlight' buildings that can be aided...

Last edited:

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
I got the same sudden install, though all mine seems to have done is now cause the App to crash whenever I go to view someone else's city via the app.

DeletedUser16026

Edit: right, I did a manual search for FoE on the app store and another update. That seems to have done the trick - at least, I can now see the Guild treasury (it's empty ;-)
Yaye! :) That's a yaye for seeing the treasury, not for it being empty. :P

I can't find the new guild message feature, though: no method for admins to create one, and no omnipresent thread atop the existing messages...
It has not yet been activated because yesterday only 2 of the mobile apps were updated, while all of them need to be version 1.69. Hopefully the new versions will be processed by the respective stores soon and we'll get the guild conversation today or tomorrow. Depends on when the new versions are up at the stores.

I got the same sudden install, though all mine seems to have done is now cause the App to crash whenever I go to view someone else's city via the app.
Can you please double check your app version to make sure it's 1.69 and not 1.68, as it was in Vesiger's case. Thanks! If it is 1.68 you may need to manually do the update from the store.

DeletedUser

I'm glad this one is finally being fixed :)

This is still not fixed. I get the click through bug on about 1 in 10 of the people on my GB list. The ones affected are the those with a GB underneath the "Back to City" box. If I move the town underneath so a GB is not underneath then it's fine...but it's still broken unfortunately for some cases.

My guild is also getting lots of complaints about that new compulsory message thread too. We cant delete it or remove ourselves from it, so it will just sit there clogging up our inboxes. Virtually all guilds already have guild threads set up for various topics and add and remove people as necessary from them from time to time

Vesiger

Monarch
The new Guild Conversation has now been enabled on our market. :)
And ours - I hope this will finally get rid of the ghost "has been kicked" messages on our old thread from deleted members ( and save me from having to monitor new membership daily!)

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Can you please double check your app version to make sure it's 1.69 and not 1.68, as it was in Vesiger's case. Thanks! If it is 1.68 you may need to manually do the update from the store.

Done today, the app itself said "tap here to install update" to which I did and all seems to be working/fixed now

Liking the new Guild message system just because of all the people that loved leaving the guild messages, great to have people actually talking to each other.

One question though about the app, was it necessary to put a white timer in right below the forge point bar? Seems rather obtrusive and un-immersive now that my ye-olde town has a constant clock showing over it. Even the desktop version only shows it when the bar's empty, this was showing it when I had 9 forge points stored.

Vesiger

Monarch
Have there been changes to the market?
Now if I create a trade for, say, 12 silk:24 salt and this leaves me with only 5 silk in stock, in addition to reducing the setting on the upper bar to reflect the maximum number of goods left to trade, the game also reduces the setting on the lower bar in proportion, i.e. 10 salt. Very handy :-D

DeletedUser7719

Have there been changes to the market?
Now if I create a trade for, say, 12 silk:24 salt and this leaves me with only 5 silk in stock, in addition to reducing the setting on the upper bar to reflect the maximum number of goods left to trade, the game also reduces the setting on the lower bar in proportion, i.e. 10 salt. Very handy :-D
I don't think it keeps the proportion, just that since the maximum you can offer is 2x the need, that proportion is used, but useful nonetheless :)