• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.69

• Thread starter DeletedUser98639
  • Start date

DeletedUser12400

• Guild conversations
From now on each guild will have a special 'guild conversation' - participants are always the current guild members only. It is also not possible to leave or join that conversation (other than leaving or joining a guild).

Finally! Well Done! http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-icon-in-message-center.30619/
Minion-Shy-icon.png

Vesiger

Monarch
How do I switch our current guild conversation thread over to this 'special' one/create the special one?
Does using the 'adjust to all guild members' feature have this effect?

DeletedUser106685

The new 'sticky' guild message is generated by the game.
Your existing guild threads will be there next to it. Or below it, actually :)
It's up to you if you use this new thread for guild announcements only, or if you replace one of your existing message threads with it. It's up to you.

Vesiger

Monarch
Ah, thanks - not accessible from mobile, then.
I wonder, if I get one of our admins to switch over to the browser version (there's one who does when she can get her sons off the computer!) and put some content on it, whether mobile users will be able to see the result or not...

DeletedUser16026

Ah, thanks - not accessible from mobile, then.
I wonder, if I get one of our admins to switch over to the browser version (there's one who does when she can get her sons off the computer!) and put some content on it, whether mobile users will be able to see the result or not...
It should be accessible from mobile as well. :) However, it may not be visible at first until the mobile app gets a new version. At the moment we can't say for sure, we can check that on Monday. But at some point after the update this 'sticky guild message' will be available across all platforms.

DeletedUser653

We have had the message for some weeks in B@ta and struggling to understand how a founder is able to clear the messages and restart tyhe thread? anyone any ideas?

DeletedUser16026

We have had the message for some weeks in B@ta and struggling to understand how a founder is able to clear the messages and restart tyhe thread? anyone any ideas?
There is no option to clear the messages or restart the thread, at least at this time.

DeletedUser

What about the wheel of Voyager V1? Will it ever start spinning?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
It should be accessible from mobile as well. :) However, it may not be visible at first until the mobile app gets a new version. At the moment we can't say for sure, we can check that on Monday. But at some point after the update this 'sticky guild message' will be available across all platforms.

Speaking of Mobile updates, love the respecting Screen orientation and friend fixes! Can't wait to do treasure hunts and check on my great building of others progress :3

Really good to see a guild conversation started, since no one in my guild uses the chat box as we are either all on different times or just no one checks it xD

What I'm wondering if one day we see a patch that allows building rotation <3

DeletedUser16026

Speaking of Mobile updates, love the respecting Screen orientation and friend fixes! Can't wait to do treasure hunts and check on my great building of others progress :3

Really good to see a guild conversation started, since no one in my guild uses the chat box as we are either all on different times or just no one checks it xD

What I'm wondering if one day we see a patch that allows building rotation <3
Buildings are not meant to be rotated so that is not something that we'll see in the game. :) They're not designed that way and designing your city without the ability to rotate buildings is considered part of the game's challenge.

DeletedUser104843

The ability to rotate buildings would be great for city design but I can imagine it would put even more strain on it and just lead to even more crashes and glitches.

As for the new Guild Thread I have to say I like it in Beta and works really well as a notice centre for Founders. Only problem I can see is some people will just start filling it with random rubbish just to annoy others. I foresee a lot of guildless players in the coming weeks lol

DeletedUser104843

It’s part of the game to try and fit everything in there the way it is

I know. I have become somewhat of an expert at city design and have helped many people with layouts to get the most of their space. I actually wouldn't like to see rotating buildings added but was just saying it would be helpful and make things easier.

These people probably will not last long in guild.

I can think of a dozen ppl in my 5 worlds who will undoubtedly end up getting the boot lol

Tanmay11

Warrant Officer
would love to see rotating buildings not the actual building but just the animation so it doesn't eliminate the city building challenge.
but then it will also take precious time of devs as 2-3 animations/building is a lot of work.
so for now i think it would be better if they focus on playability of the game...too many bugs and lagg.:(