• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.68

DeletedUser5180

What happened To the event history?

Also right clicking in-game says 1.68.490ce86 (19.01.2016 11:51)

edit: filters now working but still wondering why the date is showing 19th instead of 26th.?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16026

What happened To the event history?

Also right clicking in-game says 1.68.490ce86 (19.01.2016 11:51)

edit: filters now working but still wondering why the date is showing 19th instead of 26th.?
You can turn the filters on and off using the menu button in the top left corner. Was yours missing? Or was there a different issue with the event history?

I'm not sure I can explain the date, I'll have to check that tomorrow.

DeletedUser100832

it seems that the update, whatever it did, made FOE use obscene amounts of RAM. Before I could open 3-4 FOE servers without too much effect on performance. Yesterday, just one took up nearly all my memory, and today on Waterfox it's maybe a little better (although still 2-3 times slower than before) and on Chrome it was fine - problem is GvG never worked well for me on Chrome. But opening even 2 servers on any browser just cripples the memory as before.

DeletedUser5180

You can turn the filters on and off using the menu button in the top left corner. Was yours missing? Or was there a different issue with the event history?

I'm not sure I can explain the date, I'll have to check that tomorrow.
I didn't see the menu button and expected the filters to be displayed automatically

it seems that the update, whatever it did, made FOE use obscene amounts of RAM. Before I could open 3-4 FOE servers without too much effect on performance. Yesterday, just one took up nearly all my memory, and today on Waterfox it's maybe a little better (although still 2-3 times slower than before) and on Chrome it was fine - problem is GvG never worked well for me on Chrome. But opening even 2 servers on any browser just cripples the memory as before.

Agree 100% I struggle to do anything in the game with anything else running, even a simple speeadsheet to track fp swaps. Having the game and forum both open is impossible now

DeletedUser2989

I didn't see the menu button and expected the filters to be displayed automatically

I noticed that adding the filter cut off 1 entry in the Event History (meaning you have to flick through more pages) but with the filter options there I'm not sure anyone would think it'd be a problem to view 9 at a time instead of 10... I'd be guessing though that because of that it was made into a option to turn on and off, mine will be staying on though :)

So now the latest version is released...how many players are now unable to access the game on their computer because they have Windows XP or Vista? Seems I am one of them players...I don't have access to a smartphone or a tablet, so my only other option is update my operating system to a newer version...(costing me more money to play this game)

..and they call this progress!! at a price to me....

Any recommendations or ideas?

I'm not 100% sure changing your operating system will solve the problem but if it does help I'm pretty sure Windows 10 is still a free download if you're willing to try that (I understand that not all are). Sadly I don't have any other suggestions that could help (other than the one you've no doubt heard "try another browser"), each update seems to bring performance issues to different people differently. For example the updates have only ever had minor impacts to my ability to play (since I started playing years ago) and I've seen a much more significant impact from the drop in internet connection quality I've had over the past month (meaning I struggle to access the game and rarely manage to get to the forums).

DeletedUser

I too am having severe lag issues. It's causing me to play less on this server and more on the US servers where the lag is still normal.

DeletedUser653

I'm not 100% sure changing your operating system will solve the problem but if it does help I'm pretty sure Windows 10 is still a free download if you're willing to try that (I understand that not all are). Sadly I don't have any other suggestions that could help (other than the one you've no doubt heard "try another browser"), each update seems to bring performance issues to different people differently. For example the updates have only ever had minor impacts to my ability to play (since I started playing years ago) and I've seen a much more significant impact from the drop in internet connection quality I've had over the past month (meaning I struggle to access the game and rarely manage to get to the forums).
Windows 10 can only be loaded free from 7 or 8.1, from XP or Vista you must pay for upgrade to 7 or 8 and then do the free upgrade.
but the OP did not state what they were using and if Vista then upgrading to anything will improve the game.

DeletedUser5180

I really don't think the version of windows causes these problems, I've used windows 7, vista and also 10 and can say the serious gvg lag is evident on them all.

it seems strange that inno are dismissing this yet the new ranking system seems to look like it will be encouraging players to take part in gvg.

its near enough unplayable some days at reset and if more players get involved then I guess it will be impossible to even set siege or change troops.

DeletedUser2989

Windows 10 can only be loaded free from 7 or 8.1, from XP or Vista you must pay for upgrade to 7 or 8 and then do the free upgrade.
but the OP did not state what they were using and if Vista then upgrading to anything will improve the game.

Ah thanks I wasn't aware that XP and Vista were excluded (I didn't have anything that old...), in any case upgrading the operating system would only have a minor impact if any. For example I went from 7 to 10 and only saw a minor improvement but even that can become unnoticeable with some updates.

DeletedUser106949

I'll try that again....

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this message....it seems to be about browser only but I also play on an iPad
Love the game, your support is first class, but this latest update is just awful!!
Have you hired programmers from the local kindergarten? The symbols - when visiting other players - certainly look like it.

And when visiting, why have the yellow (easy to see) stars been replaced with much smaller ones, that fade away and are camouflaged in grey?
What possible reason could you use to rationalise this change?
When resetting suppliers, the moon (which was constant) and was easy to see is now a Z that disappears! It's terrible.
Sorry, if there was any benefit to this mobile update, you must have hidden it very well.
It's not the first time that numerous [and superfluous] changes have been made for no apparent reason, when beneficial enhancements like adding some of the browser capabilities to the iPad game remain "coming soon...."

Regards
A Bit Scary

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106489

I'll try that again....

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for this message....it seems to be about browser only but I also play on an iPad
Love the game, your support is first class, but this latest update is just awful!!
Have you hired programmers from the local kindergarten? The symbols - when visiting other players - certainly look like it.
And when visiting, why have the yellow (easy to see) stars been replaced with much smaller ones, that fade away and are camouflaged in grey?

What possible reason could you use to rationalise this change?
When resetting suppliers, the moon (which was constant) and was easy to see is now a Z that disappears! It's terrible.
Sorry, if there was any benefit to this mobile update, you must have hidden it very well.
It's not the first time that numerous [and superfluous] changes have been made for no apparent reason, when beneficial enhancements like adding some of the browser capabilities to the iPad game remain "coming soon...."
Regards
A Bit Scary

Utterly agree with this. The UI is TERRIBLE! I have already many times come back to collect goods only to find a building that I hadn't noticed was 'sleeping' thanks to the totally obscure "Z" indicators. And I was frustrated that I couldn't motivate or polish until my attention was drawn to the MICROSCOPIC stars on the players' buildings. What was the bloody point? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!" I don't play games in my spare time to be frustrated.

DeletedUser

lol "a bit scary" i was gonna mention this before the new stuff on android you need super glasses to see whats ready to collect as for the PC version am ready to have a break if i dont get no action on gvg 4 day its been unplayable

Vesiger

Monarch
I've actually reported the grey stars as a support issue - it seriously affects gameplay and I wonder if they were supposed to be artfully shaded but, you know, yellow...

DeletedUser12400

I just wanted to add that new graphical assets looks really awesome. Well done!

12654241_1274560469238452_726595615266423884_n.png