• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.61

DeletedUser15501

Well, usually it's 10 people leaving the same 10 messages which turns into 10 "new messages". If you've got 100 threads going a day, you've got worse issues to deal with than the new message system. Most of the guilds to which I belong there might 20-30 threads a day, most of the messages condenses to a few recurring ones (like FP swaps, GvG alerts, etc.). Even WITHOUT the "left a thread" new message flags, I'd find getting 100 threads in a day a bit overkill for a guild. At most (even in the old system) I've got 4 pages of messages to filter if I just log in once a day (there might be a hundred new messages in a thread, but not 100 threads), since even with a guild size of 80 (which I have on two worlds) that'd mean each member is creating over 1 new thread (not merely message but entirely new topic) a day.

So I'm considering this a gross over-exaggeration of the problem.

No it isn't. If 10 people would leave the same 10 messages all at the same time then you'd be right and it would just spam the rest of the guild 10 ''new messages''. However people don't leave conversations all at the same time, often there are many hours or even days between them. This is extremely annoying, especially those who are in highly active 80 member guilds. This can be remedied somewhat by telling everyone not to leave any conversations, but there are always a few who don't read or listen and once it starts snowballing it's hard to stop it from escalating. Maybe your guild isn't that active or you're not that active yourself so it's not that much of a problem to you personally, but for those of us who log in many times a day it's a very real problem and we're not exaggerating. It just baffles me this problem wasn't acknowledged and fixed on the beta server earlier, that to me shows there is a much bigger problem with this game than just this one issue.

DeletedUser

Updated Android APP and it hasn't provided the message system even though the google play store states New Message System for the update.

please be sure and rate the game on your app, it's important for people to know how players feel.

Well, usually it's 10 people leaving the same 10 messages which turns into 10 "new messages". If you've got 100 threads going a day, you've got worse issues to deal with than the new message system. Most of the guilds to which I belong there might 20-30 threads a day, most of the messages condenses to a few recurring ones (like FP swaps, GvG alerts, etc.). Even WITHOUT the "left a thread" new message flags, I'd find getting 100 threads in a day a bit overkill for a guild. At most (even in the old system) I've got 4 pages of messages to filter if I just log in once a day (there might be a hundred new messages in a thread, but not 100 threads), since even with a guild size of 80 (which I have on two worlds) that'd mean each member is creating over 1 new thread (not merely message but entirely new topic) a day.

So I'm considering this a gross over-exaggeration of the problem.

i was simply stating what was possible and never said this has actually happened in this exact way. if you want an exact example, i will be happy to give you one. the other night i went to sleep with only pertinent messages in the first page. when i woke up and logged in i had to go to page 9 of my mail to get past all of the "has left the message" messages, in order to get back to the pertinent messages which were previously on page 1. Quite a few of these were people leaving old threads, which i understand is because i never worried about deleting mail. I never really bothered deleting old mail because i am quite capable of just reading the new mail up until the ones i have already read, so i just let the old ones fall to the later pages and eventually time out and self delete. i really dont understand peoples obsession with deleting mail, a bit ocd if you ask me, but it's probably a conditioned response to years of working in an office, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99692

It's odd that out of the four worlds I play on, only one guild seems to have issues with the "left the thread" messages but yet there's pages of discussion here.
It doesn't bother me personally (anymore than threads to which I have no interest filtering up to the top of the list) but I know people are (easily, this day and age it seems) annoyed by a variety of things. A few simple checkboxes in options could solve this issue: "Count 'left the conversation' as a new message" and "Display 'left the conversation' messages". There, majority of complaints solved by a few chat filter options. As for people who preferred the old system of deleting mail until a new message popped up, adding an option to "Hide" a message until a new message arrives would solve that.

I would suggest that you try running an 80 strong guild that is used to freedom of speech. You would not only have the joy of 79 pages of mail but the knowledge that any attempt to delete them would cause the same problem for 79 others. Guild interaction is dead.

DeletedUser108356

I would suggest that you try running an 80 strong guild that is used to freedom of speech. You would not only have the joy of 79 pages of mail but the knowledge that any attempt to delete them would cause the same problem for 79 others. Guild interaction is dead.

For the most part, all guilds possess freedom of speech... convenience of such is usually the only thing limited (nothing prevents people from sending guild-wide messages by manually adding all guild members as recipients to a message without access to the "Send message to guild" permission).

That said, I'll concede your point somewhat. Most of the guilds of which I am a member, the conversations are usually limited to a handful of threads and most general conversation happens in chat (or a single thread) but I find this logical as opposed to including all guild members in multiple conversations that could more easily be condensed into less threads.

It also appears these issues were brought up during beta and the changes were still hammered through, so there's that.

@cosmosdad1: Yes, I can understand the issue a bit more if you aren't used to using delete and having threads up to 60 days old cluttering your mailbox that people are now deciding to leave, but I disagree that wanting to keep a tidy inbox is "a bit OCD". Preferring things to be neat and organized doesn't necessarily mean it's an obsession (anymore than clearing out messages from voicemail or throwing old letters in the trash)... one could easily turn the tables and say those that DON'T discard old messages are hoarders/packrats.

DeletedUser101932

Update 1.61

-
Hello Kings and Queens,

The update to 1.61 will take place on October 1st. This update introduces a new, exciting feature: cross-platform messaging system. And a few bugfixes, too.

There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience.

The full changelog can be found here!

Terrible update, all future monetary expenditures are suspended to INNO. FIX THIS!

DeletedUser

@cosmosdad1: Yes, I can understand the issue a bit more if you aren't used to using delete and having threads up to 60 days old cluttering your mailbox that people are now deciding to leave, but I disagree that wanting to keep a tidy inbox is "a bit OCD". Preferring things to be neat and organized doesn't necessarily mean it's an obsession (anymore than clearing out messages from voicemail or throwing old letters in the trash)... one could easily turn the tables and say those that DON'T discard old messages are hoarders/packrats.

Lazy would be a better choice of words here, lol. But, i just don't see the problem with letting the mail move to the back of the line. Perhaps the mailbox cleaners simply can't remember if they have read something or not if it is still in their mail, lol.

DeletedUser9168

I found another issue with the new mail since it was introduced onto the app yesterday.
To accomodate messaging on the app, they have severely reduced to amount of event history on the app (at the moment - touch wood - they have not reduced the event history on the browser version)
the app now gives LESS THAN 24 hours of info - so if you AID from the app, as I tend to do, you are going to miss a large number of supporters who are no longer shown - not to mention the attacks, plunder and so forth which have also happened recently and are not shown. monitoring who is polivating in the guild has now become restricted to the browser - and may shortly be hampered altogether.
Another ridiculous 'improvement'!

DeletedUser107917

Horrible idea

This new 'leave the conversation' option ruins everything. Inno kill it please. Also reading the messages is like staring at a torch. It hurts my eyes and nights are getting darker for longer which makes the problem worse

DeletedUser99588

This new 'leave the conversation' option ruins everything. Inno kill it please. Also reading the messages is like staring at a torch. It hurts my eyes and nights are getting darker for longer which makes the problem worse

Apparently the 'leave the conversation' has been fixed in latest beta update. Wonder if your allowed to discuss positive beta changes :confused: So the caveat is it might change between now and hitting the live server. They may decide to 'improve' it further ;)

As far as looking into a torch I'm afraid you will have to suffer your eyes burning out because apparently it isn't important if players suffer eye strain. A moderator in beta even told us it was just a cosmetic thing and didn't blame the developers for not changing it.

DeletedUser106009

This is undoubtably the worst change that FOE have ever made. The enjoyment and ease of playing the game is now compromised by a ridiculous message system that clogs up everyone messages with no ability to delete any more. Even removing yourself from the thread creates more misery for every other player, this is madness. PLEASE either add a delete option or go back to the old system or you will lose players.

DeletedUser

This is undoubtably the worst change that FOE have ever made. The enjoyment and ease of playing the game is now compromised by a ridiculous message system that clogs up everyone messages with no ability to delete any more. Even removing yourself from the thread creates more misery for every other player, this is madness. PLEASE either add a delete option or go back to the old system or you will lose players.

We totally understand that you like others are frustrated with the new messaging system, what we can assure you is that over the next two or three updates major improvments are planned. Once thiese are in place we hope that you will find the new system more to your liking.

DeletedUser5180

We totally understand that you like others are frustrated with the new messaging system, what we can assure you is that over the next two or three updates major improvments are planned. Once thiese are in place we hope that you will find the new system more to your liking.

surely the sensible approach would have been to release it on beta and then make these 'major improvements' over 2 or 3 major updates on beta. Only once a finished message system which meets with approval of beta players is in place should it be released to live servers

oh wait......INNO don't do sensible approaches

DeletedUser101150

surely the sensible approach would have been to release it on beta and then make these 'major improvements' over 2 or 3 major updates on beta. Only once a finished message system which meets with approval of beta players is in place should it be released to live servers

oh wait......INNO don't do sensible approaches

Both the Beta team and the team here did everything within our power to convince them to postpone the systems release to this server, but unfortunately we were unsuccessful. But we have continued to pass along all of the feedback and it is slowly beginning to improve.
Also as Beta has just been changed to a new update schedule, we all hope that improvements from now on will come in a more timely manner, and be more responsive to the real time input of the players.
I know there is a long way to go, but it is a start.

DeletedUser97349

Both the Beta team and the team here did everything within our power to convince them to postpone the systems release to this server, but unfortunately we were unsuccessful.

So for clarity, you are saying that 'they' (innogames) was clearly presented with all the facts and feedback in a clear, concise and effective format and they chose nonetheless to ignore your efforts, and therefore are entirely to blame for the issues and as such you believe they are in the wrong?

DeletedUser101150

So for clarity, you are saying that 'they' (innogames) was clearly presented with all the facts and feedback in a clear, concise and effective format and they chose nonetheless to ignore your efforts, and therefore are entirely to blame for the issues and as such you believe they are in the wrong?

No, I'm saying that despite the support staffs opinions about when the system should have gone live, the devs felt it was still better to adhere to their schedule as it fit in with a larger plan that I can only assume had to do with functionality on the apps. I also don't believe that the feedback was ignored. I just think that as their plans were different than the expectations of the players and staff at the time, it was easy to assume they were ignoring feedback, when they weren't. The fact that Beta is currently running the fixes for 2 of the biggest issues the players had with the system I think is evidence that they did listen to the feedback, and still are.

DeletedUser97349

Thank you for the clarification, it is worrying when support teams start to disassociate themselves from the company they represent, so it is good to hear you are not in fact doing so, despite the fact it might make you more popular with the players.

DeletedUser101150

Thank you for the clarification, it is worrying when support teams start to disassociate themselves from the company they represent, so it is good to hear you are not in fact doing so, despite the fact it might make you more popular with the players.

All I can do is try to represent the players as best I can, and do the best job I am capable of for them. How they choose to judge me for it only time will tell.

DeletedUser97349

All I can do is try to represent the players as best I can, and do the best job I am capable of for them. How they choose to judge me for it only time will tell.

I'm sure most players are not so judgemental :) the enjoyment of the game is the main interest, it is a game for most people after all :D

I'd better sign off, the forums starting to spin lol ^_^